A little over a year ago PB Wolf called on you to create videos for your favorite Stones Throw songs to help celebrate our 15th anniversary. The response was overwhelming and the quality of videos blew away all of our expectations.
After meeting last week with director Jeff Broadway about a poster design for the authorized Stones Throw documentary OUR VINYL WEIGHS A TON it got us thinking, “Why not open it up to the fans”? Here’s what we came up with:
· Size: 24 x 36 inches (610 x 910 mm)
· The title: “OUR VINYL WEIGHS A TON” (must be prominent)
· The subtitle: “This Is Stones Throw Records” (must be present)
· Leave approx. 8” at the bottom of the poster for the billing block
· Must be an original design, not based on existing work of others
Rules for submission:
· Go to http://ourvinylweighsaton.tumblr.com
· Click the “Send email” badge in the top-right corner (envelope icon)
· Send your design as both a .psd and .jpg file to Jeff Broadway
· All designs will be posted on the OVWAT tumblr page where fans can comment
· All material must be original to the artist and not infringe the rights of others
· By entering the contest, the winning designers grant Stones Throw the right to use their design for a poster, DVD cover and for any other marketing and promotional purposes connected to the film for no additional compensation than that below.
Choosing the Winners:
On November 21st, PB Wolf will announce the winner and three runners-up. The winner will be awarded $500, have their design used as one of the film’s posters (and possibly the DVD cover) and receive a credit on the poster (and DVD, if used). The three runners-up will each be awarded a $100 credit to be used at the Stones Throw shop.
We look forward to seeing your designs!