Somewhere in Highland Park, East Los Angeles there exists Stones Throw Studios, now open and ready for business.
Hello — > stonesthrowstudios.com
We've had the studio running since the middle of last year – many of our own recent records have been recorded and/or finished here. In the late 70s-early 80s, the building was home to design studio Centro de Arte Publico, and punk label Fatima Recordz.
And now, there's no way to get around saying the nerd stuff, so here it is, the technical highlights:
• API 1608 console with automation
• ~300 sq ft. control room for tracking, mixing and mastering
• Burl, Lynx and Apogee conversion
• Compression/EQ from Avalon, Maselec, Foote, Smart & more
• Vintage FX, Synths, Instruments and Tape Machines
Photos by Theo Jemison, and plenty of more on IG @stonesthrowstudios