#31 KennyFresh

KennyFresh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:44 AM

hm maybe, but it was it sure wasn't entertaining

agreed.
and you can see that he realized that after a minute or two, hence the instant deer-in-the-headlights look

but whatever... i'm not really too concerned with it either way
im not a huge Michael Richards fan tryna defend him, i like the Seinfeld show but thats about as far as that goes
in fact, from what i have seen of his stand-up act - its not very good.

but regardless, i think the whole thing got blew out of proportion
and i'd be equally as offended as everyone else if i thought he had meant it or if thought he was in anyway a threat to anyone.

all i know is dude's career is over (which isn't exactly news anyway...)
stuff like this disproves that whole "no such thing as bad publicity" saying.

#32 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:07 AM

I think the problem is that people forget that celebrities are only human and some of them do harbor racist and anti-semetic thoughts. That whole "go on tv with David Letterman" with a nice apology/penance is all PR work to try to save their career. After watching that BS we're all supposed to be like, "Oh, Kramer's not a racist, we had him all wrong, he's just under a lot of pressure these days." White celebrities need to calm down and stop acting like they are the only ones who are under a lot of pressure.

#33 4% earf bodee X

4% earf bodee X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:02 AM

His so called apology was much worse than his actual rant. At least he was sincere when he was making his racist comments.

#34 Klay Doe

Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:31 AM

Why?

#35 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:50 PM

shit this is just one dude who slipped up and got caught. im bettin 75% OR MORE of all white celebrities, especially the old crowd, use the n bomb all the time. rascism is prevelant wherever big money is involved, whether its jewish agents being accused of being rip off artists or black dudes being thought of as "uppity" when they get too successful and start taking too much white money. this shit is common place, as well as indicative of how a lot of the county really feels about other races. kramer just got busted sayin the shit out loud in front of a large crowd while being video taped, the douchebag.

#36 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:50 PM

shit this is just one dude who slipped up and got caught. im bettin 75% OR MORE of all white celebrities, especially the old crowd, use the n bomb all the time. rascism is prevelant wherever big money is involved, whether its jewish agents being accused of being rip off artists or black dudes being thought of as "uppity" when they get too successful and start taking too much white money. this shit is common place, as well as indicative of how a lot of the county really feels about other races. kramer just got busted sayin the shit out loud in front of a large crowd while being video taped, the douchebag.

B) i dont think you can say that rascism is prevelant wherever big money is involved because you dont witness it happening. Assumption of racism is much more of a problem in this country then actual racism whitey isnt out to get you now get over it

#37 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:53 PM

B) i dont think you can say that rascism is prevelant wherever big money is involved because you dont witness it happening. Assumption of racism is much more of a problem in this country then actual racism whitey isnt out to get you now get over it

x infinity

#38 defter

defter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:34 PM

:lol: i dont think you can say that rascism is prevelant wherever big money is involved because you dont witness it happening. Assumption of racism is much more of a problem in this country then actual racism whitey isnt out to get you now get over it

on the other hand...

so many white people say that racism dones't exist because they've never seen it. well,how do you expect to be able to recognize racism if you're white? I see it just about every day in one form or another.

Assumption of race is nowhere near as large a problem as denial of racism. TRY and deny that....

and whitey doesn't have to be out to 'get me' to display racist tendencies... don't try and paint ppl who 'cry' racism as whacko conspiracy theorists.

if you think it DOESN"T exists your head is in the sand and/or you're white, cos again, how do you think you'd recognize it? if you don't find security following you around the store for no good reason, how would you know that it happens? or old ladies calling security on you because you're in their building?

further, 'racism' has been so perverted and twisted - reverse racism means nothing. shall we use a more accurate term, such as 'white supremacy?' white supremacist thought, etc...

I mean, hell, a whole lot of black folks display white supremacist beliefs... so it's a whole lot more pervasive than pepole say or, more importantly, realize.

#39 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

if you think it DOESN"T exists your head is in the sand and/or you're white, cos again, how do you think you'd recognize it? if you don't find security following you around the store for no good reason, how would you know that it happens? or old ladies calling security on you because you're in their building?

happens to me all the time because im young and wear baggy clothes. sure theres racism i never said there wasnt but how can racism die if you pull the race card every time someone looks down on you despite the many other reasons why they might be suspicious of you. i bet if you went into a store in a nice suit they wouldnt bother and the same goes for me it dosnt always have to do with the color of your skin.

#40 defter

defter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:48 PM

happens to me all the time because im young and wear baggy clothes. sure theres racism i never said there wasnt but how can racism die if you pull the race card every time someone looks down on you despite the many other reasons why they might be suspicious of you. i bet if you went into a store in a nice suit they wouldnt bother and the same goes for me it dosnt always have to do with the color of your skin.

lol, I DON'T wear baggy clothing... and a suit doesn't keep you safe from racism. where do you get that idea from??

and right, I, like all of us black folk, pull the race card whenever we're looked down upon.. give me a break.

your contention is that, if we don't 'pull the race card' all the time, racism can finally maybe die???

and do enlightenn me as to the many other reasons why a store clerk might be suspicious of me...

#41 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

heh heh no man im saying that racism isnt always the reason but i see where your coming from, im sure being black and young cant be easy but you cant be so quick to jump to conclusions. the main reason i posted that was because of the obsurdity of grizz's comment expecially since he made prejudice comments towards jew's so i figured it was worth commenting on

#42 defter

defter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:05 PM

heh heh no man im saying that racism isnt always the reason but i see where your coming from, im sure being black and young cant be easy but you cant be so quick to jump to conclusions. the main reason i posted that was because of the obsurdity of grizz's comment expecially since he made prejudice comments towards jew's so i figured it was worth commenting on

lol yeah man don't mean to get all aggro

and I hear what you say about suits and whatnot.. just that, being white, you can be guaranteed a different response. A black, not necessarily.. it's a lot of frustrated black business folks out there as a result of thinking that being a businessman in a suit will earn them a higer level of respect in society. when that illusion is shattered, it's a devestating blow, of course...

but yeah man, didn't mean to get all agitated when you were responding to someone else.

in other news, see - a guide --

http://pics.livejour...st/pic/0001t8ab

:lol:

#43 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:12 PM

damn i would have a broken jaw by now :mellow: :lol:

#44 defter

defter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:15 PM

damn i would have a broken jaw by now :mellow: :lol:

haha, well, while some can be in a strange context, there are quite a few black folk who'd have their jaw broken by now, too. :)

btw, jacked from another board, just mentioning..

#45 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

dont get it twisted, i didnt say shit about jews. just pointin out a common old bias. i aint even gonna adress whatever else you said, cuz its obvious youre either too young to have seen much of how things work, or youre conveniently blind to it.

#46 Jamal From Ghostwriter

Jamal From Ghostwriter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

I guess I'm the only person that found it hilarious...

But then again I'm black and from the south so I'm not really suprised...

#47 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

maybe because i live in upstate new york :\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users