STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

lol^  that one.   ugh. 

yeah i feel like vaughn is doing the best he can with garbage writing.  i don't think he's the "bad guy" in the show though. 

#242 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

i don't think he's the "bad guy" in the show though. 

true enough. but he's supposed to be a semi-scary damaged gangster who convincingly kicks the shit out of people at the very least (and has done at least one particularly twisted thing as was revealed last episode- no spoilers)

i'm still watching it at least, hopefully they can wow with the last three episodes. I just think the loss of Fukunaga as director was a pretty powerful blow to the whole thing. it seems to have had an effect on the visuals and on the performances. 

I had my beefs with the last season, but they mainly centered around the last episode which i thought was a bit of a wet fart conclusion to the whole thing.

#243 SuperDarket

SuperDarket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:SUPERDARKET CONTENT AND COllabOrAtE?
  • Soundcloud:SOUNDCLOUD/SUPERDARKET

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

LOUIE!

#244 mplsSOUL

mplsSOUL

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Interests:punani, sounds, beer

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

10860797.jpg

this show is fire dont read any reviews just watch this bih

#245 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:39 PM

Watched the first episode of that Hannibal Buress show, it was so bad. Waiting for the other episodes to pop up on Hulu, hopefully getting Flylo and crew together for some music as part of it helps maybe.

#246 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 AM

Watched the first episode of that Hannibal Buress show, it was so bad. Waiting for the other episodes to pop up on Hulu, hopefully getting Flylo and crew together for some music as part of it helps maybe.

Oh man. I am feeling it!! I actually don't really think he is that funny in interviews and even his stand up. But I love this show!!! You crazy GC.

Workaholics anyone?
WHX_OG_Thumbnail.jpg

#247 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,579 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 AM

dont know if it's been mentioned on here but mr robot anyone? the first ep was pretty strong

• Jubito likes this

#248 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted Yesterday, 10:54 AM

dont know if it's been mentioned on here but mr robot anyone? the first ep was pretty strong

One of the better series I've seen in while! They had me at the opening episode, so well-done and intriguing. If you've only seen the first one, there's no reason to stop, it only gets better and better. It's currently at episode #6 so it should be pretty easy to catch up.

To anyone who hasn't seen the show yet - do yourself a favor and check out the first episode, that should be enough for you to continue watching!

#249 MellowYouth

MellowYouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:52 AM

only watched 3 episodes so far, but 'wet hot american summer: first day of camp' looks decent. i was worried they wouldnt be able to pull off the same characters after all these years. but from what i saw they fell right back into their roles

• mplsSOUL likes this

#250 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,353 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:05 PM

only watched 3 episodes so far, but 'wet hot american summer: first day of camp' looks decent. i was worried they wouldnt be able to pull off the same characters after all these years. but from what i saw they fell right back into their roles

I was trying to get into it, but I couldn't. It's god but , mehhh in my opinion.

#251 bamajoe

bamajoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:35 PM

Just finished season 3 of Orphan Black. Wild and confusing. Tatiana Maslany :excl:

• bcwarlock likes this

#252 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Yesterday, 11:39 PM

Workaholics anyone?
WHX_OG_Thumbnail.jpg

Love Workaholics, I remember when I saw the first ads for it I thought it'd be some dumb bro show and while it actually is that, I still find it very funny. Outside of South Park that's my favorite on Comedy Central right now. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Another random show I've been watching on Hulu lately is Lucas Bros Moving Co., I think this one would prob have more attention if it were on Adult Swim, it's on Fox for some dumb reason

#253 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Whisky, Wine, Cigars & Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted Today, 01:08 AM

mr robot blows. First 3 eps were decent but I stopped watching after ep 5. All the internal monologue shit is whack. Like Stephen King once said in an interview, if you can't convey what needs to be said without the use of monologues then it's bad film making. Every 5 seconds this dude is talking about his addiction and hacking peoples lives... its like dexter all over again smh 

#254 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted Today, 03:17 AM

mr robot blows. First 3 eps were decent but I stopped watching after ep 5. All the internal monologue shit is whack. Like Stephen King once said in an interview, if you can't convey what needs to be said without the use of monologues then it's bad film making. Every 5 seconds this dude is talking about his addiction and hacking peoples lives... its like dexter all over again smh 

Except this is a show which hasn't even reached the the 1st season finale...The monologues are there for a reason, I'd rather hear his perspective on things than trying to decypher a series of mute scenes...some of these are already confusing on their own. There's still a lot left to unfold, so I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions yet. So what would you like 'em to be about? His whole life revolves around his addiction, inability to socialize and hacking, of course he's gonna speak his mind on those. Most of the times he says some pretty realistic stuff which has me thinking for a minute. Another reason why I enjoy those monologues is that I can relate to some of his view-points. This show is pretty fresh in my opinion, I like the fact that it is based on a different concept than your average series and is definitely unpredictable. So if you don't like monologues and feel that the show blows without watching it in its entirety then I feel sorry for you. But hey, opinions are like voices, we all have a different kind...

• shakey finch likes this

#255 bcwarlock

bcwarlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Making music

Posted Today, 03:57 AM

On episode 2...just as funny as the movie.

• imail724 likes this

#256 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,353 posts

Posted Today, 05:57 AM

Love Workaholics, I remember when I saw the first ads for it I thought it'd be some dumb bro show and while it actually is that, I still find it very funny. Outside of South Park that's my favorite on Comedy Central right now. 

Yah, love this show. So outrageous, subtle, hilarious. Lots of drugs, banter and hilarity. Really,merely one of the cleverest shows I have seen in a while.

#257 Abracadaver

Abracadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted Today, 09:16 AM

Yah, love this show. So outrageous, subtle, hilarious. Lots of drugs, banter and hilarity. Really,merely one of the cleverest shows I have seen in a while.

My wife and I still quote a lot of this show. Very funny. That part where they argue about FYI is so funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Abracadaver