127 replies to this topic

#121 miss stress

miss stress

Cool Table shareholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

50 cent new series on starz called Power.

My new shit : drugs, gangstas, money, hood rich, thots, fbi, nyc, guns..yes...almost close to the wire.

Like a ghetto hood novel on tv

#122 MattCoops

MattCoops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/mattcoopshiphop

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

I wish they had something like that, but with Ol' Dirty Bastard in it. (Man I wish he was still around. R.I.P. ODB)

Redman or the GZA would be good cats to cast in a show like that. Or Slick Rick. That be epic. He's OG.

I just don't like 50.

#123 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

yo every body needs to get on "Rectify" ASAP. first season's up on netflix, second season's going down right now on sundance.

Best new show since Breaking Bad in my opinion. It's a little heavy duty (deals with a dude who was on death row for 20 years and gets his sentence vacated due to DNA evidence) but it's got some of the most amazing acting, it's a very subtle, awesome show.

• EdTheYounger likes this

#124 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

^ I watched the first episode a few months ago, I'll check the rest out based on your recommendation. 

#125 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

it's a little slow moving, but well worth it. It took me a few episodes to really get into the swing of it, plus I wasn't sure it'd come back after the first season so I was less invested. great writing, direction, visuals. And if you know anything about the prison system or are curious about things like the morality of the death penalty, institutionalization, etc. The main guy delivers oscar caliber performances in most episodes, and pretty much the entire cast is full of incredibly well-rounded characters.

Sunny I think you'd like it based on your prefs. 

Really looking forward to 'The Knick' too

• SunnyMeadowz likes this

#126 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

yo every body needs to get on "Rectify" ASAP. first season's up on netflix, second season's going down right now on sundance.

Best new show since Breaking Bad in my opinion. It's a little heavy duty (deals with a dude who was on death row for 20 years and gets his sentence vacated due to DNA evidence) but it's got some of the most amazing acting, it's a very subtle, awesome show.

Yeah I'm all about this show at the moment. Been watching it weekly since the start of the first season. good shit. Only small gripe is it gets a bit god preachy mid way through the first season but once you push past that stage it's dope. Season 2 is crazy good (so far)! Pretty slept on from what I can gather but it's great!

If you guys want a good crime series check out 'Line of Duty' only 1 (short) season, british, but show's amazing! Trust me, just watch the first ep and you'll be hooked.

'Utopia' (especially season 2, so far) is also some good watching.

Trying to come at you guys with some not so obvious recommendations.

• SwampThing likes this

#127 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

if you are not watching both Black Jesus and The Knick...

you're slipping hard.

• EdTheYounger and Noodle Fingers like this

#128 Noodle Fingers

Noodle Fingers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/noodlefingers/gringo-lingo-feat-bernard-willis-blake/s-x541D

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

if you are not watching both Black Jesus and The Knick...

you're slipping hard.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm now officially going to watch every single episode of Black Jesus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users