• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

When I saw that Jermaine Duprie won Producer of the Year, I was like, what a pile of shit, they got the wrong J D. Not even a mention of Dilla. And the performances were crap! I like me some TI and Rick Ross but I wasn't impressed. Busta totally dissed Game and others for the pathetic way they perform to a crowd, grabbin' they crotch and profiling, not giving a shit about the fans who want they're moneys worth when they come to see a show, that was cool. That guys got a big head, the Game. He ain't shit! Rappin' how he's the best rapper, blah, blah, blah. Please! :) The best part of the show was this bit they did about the Cypher with Jadakiss, Papoose and Lupe, where they freestyled and I will admit it was really good. Oh and Bustas NY Mets Baseball cap medallion was another highlight. Thing probably woulda been my cap size. It ws huge! Kat Williams makes a good host too.

#2 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:56 PM

yah bud, i just saw a bit flippin thru, but hopw could it be good, most of the shit i see on BET blows anyway.

#3 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:40 PM

Not even a mention of Dilla.

I didn't think they would. I thought it was kinda messed up on the BET awards when Busta Rhymes gave a rest in peace shout to his bouncer and someone else (I don't know who it was) and didn't mention Dilla. That kinda hurt my feelings.

#4 kcat

kcat

Crate diggin' kitty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:beats, love songs, Simpsons, guitar

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:04 PM

He said RIP to his BOUNCER but not Dilla? :) Damnnn....

#5 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:33 PM

His bouncer got more play (in the media) than JD.

#6 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:11 PM

I thought it was cool. Looked like they were all having fun. Of course it's not the style STMB endorses but it has it's place.

I thought the busta comment sounded like it was directed at the Game but I don't think it was. Busta gave him love during the Games performance, and the Game had more energy than usual. Plus Busta is on the Game album. You know, the song that seems like Dre is the Games ex girlfriend?

#7 digitalpistol

digitalpistol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:13 PM

u shouldnt really expect anythin from any of these awards lol
i was watchin it while me havin dinner
it was good when grand master flash was bein honored he should be
but i dont think it was represented right somehow

#8 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:05 AM

All I caught was the preshow while I was on lunch at workso I gotta nada to go from but I figured it would be dumb anyways especially after I saw T.I. as a nominne for artist of the year and on the Jermaine Dupri tip theres a handful of other big name producers betta den that cat.Lol but is the cat J ever gonna get a shout out on BET?

#9 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:33 AM

T.I.'s album was the strongest commercial hip-hop release all year.

#10 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:17 AM

i listened to it only once, but to me the ghostface lp sounded much better. or doesn't this count as commercial?

#11 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:38 AM

Yo, who was that British cat on that freestyle section? Matter of fact who were all them cats? That part was nice, it was about the only part I caught....

#12 Dick Starbuck

Dick Starbuck

"High as Giraffe Pussy"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:49 AM

Until Clipse, Game and Snoop, YES SNOOP, dropped their shit. Soon to be Jeezy...

#13 HOSS

HOSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

Best Part of the Awards:

Jeezy's set with the 3 dancers.. That middle chick dancing around the pole had the finest a$$. That ish killed me. I had to go to a stripclub after seeing that.

#14 4% earf bodee X

4% earf bodee X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:01 PM

BigErnMcCracken is the coolest person in STMB history.........EVER

#15 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:18 PM

Until Clipse, Game and Snoop, YES SNOOP, dropped their shit. Soon to be Jeezy...

Please be serious. :)

I haven't heard the Snoop one and I could care less about a Jeezy. The Clipse album is dissapointing, not bad, but not great. I've listened to it 3 times and I'm sick of it. Game?????? T.I.'s record is far stonger than the Game's effort IMO.

The King just feels like a cohesive album. It has variety and almost all of the tracks are keepers. This is rare these days.

Ghostface isn't on the radar. Maybe his next one will do it. I hope so cause I like ghost. The more "real heads" in the commercial realm, the better.

#16 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

He said RIP to his BOUNCER but not Dilla? :blink: Damnnn....

DAMN! after is was all "dilla is the fire" on Geekdown from the shining.

busta must have lost some brain cells with those dreads. :(

#17 dub_g

dub_g

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:05 PM

didn't anybody catch grandmaster flash?

he won an award and gave a nice little speech about the importance of the DJ

#18 kcat

kcat

Crate diggin' kitty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:beats, love songs, Simpsons, guitar

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

DAMN! after is was all "dilla is the fire" on Geekdown from the shining.
busta must have lost some brain cells with those dreads. :(

Exactly, if Pharrell can go on MTV and say Dilla is his favorite producer then why can't busta give a quick RIP? :blink:

#19 bronx nigga

bronx nigga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:22 PM

That award show was a piece of shit and was just a disgrace no wonder why fans of other music say hip hop is fucking bullshit when they see that utter bullshit. Every last one of those clwons performing are not hip hop they are pop.. TI sucks cock is a lame piece of shit, Fuck busta rhymes and his played out shit. Game is a joke and cant be taken serious. What other asshole performed he sucked too. The award for grandmaster flash was so awkward and it would have made more sense for flash to receive it at a country music award show cause that bet pop bull didnt rep hip hop 1 percent.

In conclusion bet is a piece of shit network and should be shut down for it's corruption with illegal payoffs they receive for hip pop videos.

#20 Ambient

Ambient

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:49 PM

What other asshole performed he sucked too.

haha awesome

I can't listen to any of these popular rappers, I like most of busta's music, but he's kinda a piece of shit as a person, his bouncer gets shot and he doesn't cooperate with the police to help find the killer, that guy had family man what the fuck?

#21 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:57 PM

ON THE REAL,

Why would they mention Dilla at an award show were the majority of nominees have Young or Lil' in front of they name?

Common I could see the argument but Busta I mean........I wouldn't have been expecting it

#22 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:58 AM

That award show was a piece of shit and was just a disgrace no wonder why fans of other music say hip hop is fucking bullshit when they see that utter bullshit. Every last one of those clwons performing are not hip hop they are pop.. TI sucks cock is a lame piece of shit, Fuck busta rhymes and his played out shit. Game is a joke and cant be taken serious. What other asshole performed he sucked too. The award for grandmaster flash was so awkward and it would have made more sense for flash to receive it at a country music award show cause that bet pop bull didnt rep hip hop 1 percent.

In conclusion bet is a piece of shit network and should be shut down for it's corruption with illegal payoffs they receive for hip pop videos.

#23 Crystilastamous

Crystilastamous

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:music, skateboarding, graffiti, women, super heady nuggets

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

When I saw that Jermaine Duprie won Producer of the Year, I was like, what a pile of shit, they got the wrong J D. Not even a mention of Dilla. And the performances were crap! I like me some TI and Rick Ross but I wasn't impressed. Busta totally dissed Game and others for the pathetic way they perform to a crowd, grabbin' they crotch and profiling, not giving a shit about the fans who want they're moneys worth when they come to see a show, that was cool. That guys got a big head, the Game. He ain't shit! Rappin' how he's the best rapper, blah, blah, blah. Please! <_< The best part of the show was this bit they did about the Cypher with Jadakiss, Papoose and Lupe, where they freestyled and I will admit it was really good. Oh and Bustas NY Mets Baseball cap medallion was another highlight. Thing probably woulda been my cap size. It ws huge! Kat Williams makes a good host too.

BET is generally terrible

#24 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

Why would they mention Dilla at an award show were the majority of nominees have Young or Lil' in front of they name?

haha! sooo true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users