Photo

Famous People That You've Met That were COMPLETE ASSHOLES ?!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Murphy

Charlie Murphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Comedian / Actor

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

Bo Jackson- Seen dude outside the Reagon National Airport in D.C....We were waiting for our respective rides, standing next to each other on the curbside......Anyway, he was chillin, had sunglasses on, typin' shit on his blackberry type pad...

Some dude comes up to him and just says politely:

"Mr. Jackson..Sorry to bother you sir, but I just wanted to say that I'm a huge fan..I had your shoes in High-school, and I was a running-back and a center-fielder, just like you...I just wanted to get a chance to shake your hand..."

...Bo, still looking down, half-assedly mumbles "Oh yeah??..... And holds his hands out and shakes the dudes hand...Still looking down...
The dude continues: "Yeah, Mr. Jackson, my brother used to play for the Cubs, I remember when I was 11 years old.......

Just as he's talking, Bo's Limo pulls up...Bo quickly turns his back on the dude, walks toward the limo, and tries to open the door...The door is locked, and the driver had already gotten outta the driver's seat to put Bo's luggage in the trunk...

Bo shouts at the driver: "Dammit, open the fuckin' door, how you gonna pull up with the fucking door locked???"

The driver says: So sorry Mr. Jackson......And unlocks the door
As Bo gets in, the fan shouts, "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Jackson"....
...Bo Glances up, and sees him for the first time, as he gets into the limo.....Doesn't say shit, and shuts the door to the limo....
Granated, he may have been having a bad day, he may be jet-lagged, or whatever...But, he seemed like a true, genuine asshole.....

Anyone else ?

#2 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

Aceyalone

Long story short Aceyalone and Ab rude were the opening act and nobody knew who they were. I walked up to Ab Rude and he was reall nice... signed my copy of Mood Pieces. I then turned to Aceyalone and said, "what's up man... I know it's kind of corny, but could you sign my copy of "All Balls Don't Bounce?" He looks at me, rolls his eyes and goes, "psssssssshhhhh" and then looks away ignoring me. Ab Rude and 2Mex then kind of looked at him then looked at me. Then 2 Mex said, "Thanks for coming out, it means a lot to us." I gave them a pound and then bounced. A week later in the college paper, the person that interviewed Aceyalone basically said he was a huge douche bag as well. I've know several people that have met him and they all pretty much say the same thing... asshole.

#3 AeorosolBreath

AeorosolBreath

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, books, art, drugs, stuff...

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

i saw aceyalone two times, both times i talked to him for a few seconds and both times he was pretty cool ... :mellow:

#4 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

Aceywho?

lol...just kidding...but dude's dickish attitude is part of what has kept him from being a household name. Oh well...Karma is a BIATCH ain't she?

As for me...probably the only asshole celeb I've met was the hockey player Mark Messier when he played for the Rangers. I asked him to sign an Oilers puck I had (his old team) and he refused with an attitude saying he only signs Rangers stuff now. I was in high school and thought that was a total dick-move.

Most celebs I've met have been cool people...like when Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster) jumped halfway into my lap while singing karaoke for a TV show taping a couple years back...hehehe...

#5 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

mess wouldn't sign an oilers puck?
really?

what a dick.

#6 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,515 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:16 AM

jordan, i have no real story i always thought she came across as a dick anyway so when i met her it didnt suprise me

Posted Image

#7 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:18 AM

Man, I'm glad I haven't run into any asshole celebrities. I don't ask for autographs or pictures but if I was just trying to tell someone I liked their work (like that Bo story) and he was a dick to me, I'd have gotten my ass kicked when I inevitably started mouthing off to him.

I have no tolerance for famous mother fuckers who can't appreciate their fans. Acey would've got it too. Underground artists with a chip on their shoulder deserve no crowd whatsoever.....Doom.

#8 Mane Rok

Mane Rok

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:www.manerok1.bandcamp.com

www.enstereomusic.bandcamp.com

www.myspace.com/maneline

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

Aceywho?

lol...just kidding...but dude's dickish attitude is part of what has kept him from being a household name. Oh well...Karma is a BIATCH ain't she?

As for me...probably the only asshole celeb I've met was the hockey player Mark Messier when he played for the Rangers. I asked him to sign an Oilers puck I had (his old team) and he refused with an attitude saying he only signs Rangers stuff now. I was in high school and thought that was a total dick-move.

Most celebs I've met have been cool people...like when Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster) jumped halfway into my lap while singing karaoke for a TV show taping a couple years back...hehehe...

Agreed. Acey is an ass.

Man....you are a lucky man, got Punky Brewster in your lap.
She's hot with some tig ol' bitties fo sho!

#9 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:38 AM

Agreed. Acey is an ass.

Man....you are a lucky man, got Punky Brewster in your lap.
She's hot with some tig ol' bitties fo sho!

Indeed. :P

My girlfriend at the time was none too happy...she was across the studio at the time.

I was just sittin there with a shit-eatin' grin on my face...

#10 omegaSB

omegaSB

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:the good stuff

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

P-Rod ....total asshole ..

Savion Glover ...also an asshole .( i dont even know if i should count him as a celebrity anymore actually )

#11 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

...i got to say, i feel a little bit of sympathy for him now that you've summed up his entire life as "asshole" based on a 10-second encounter with him.

Ha, this coming from the dude who has some of the most negative opinions on the board, typically created after reading one or two posts/threads that you knew nothing about. Including this above post.

I don't think dude is saying Bo Jackson's Life = Asshole (which makes no fucking sense anyways). He's just saying, when he met him....he was an asshole. And ignoring a fan while being a dick to your driver would equal being a "complete asshole". Doesn't mean he's been an ass his whole life. Just means he was a complete douche when he met him. Hence the title of the thread......asshole.

#12 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

P-Rod ....total asshole ..

for some reason he does give off the douche bag look.

#13 catfish and grits

catfish and grits

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

loving this thread...i don't have any bad stories tho.

I met Black Thought after a Roots Concert he was COOL AS HELL.

RJD2, cool as a breeze..

saw Andre3000 sitting a chinese vegatarian resturant...he looked like he was enjoying his general tso's tofu plate.

#14 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

saw Andre3000 sitting a chinese vegatarian resturant...he looked like he was enjoying his general tso's tofu plate.

awsome.

#15 Klay Doe

Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:53 PM

Phife.... I wouldn't say he was an asshole... He just whined, diva-like, regarding what he would or wouldn't eat... :D

#16 funklogic

funklogic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

I've met madlib alot of times, and everytime I ask him for beat cd's.

Never gives me any, what a fucking ASSHOLE!!!!!! LOL

#17 93 million miles

93 million miles

22's 'for you say: what's dem?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

they say don't meet the people you idolized. hopefully the ones i do aren't assholes.

i hate people who diss their fans. we're the mutha fuckers who make you celebrities

#18 Charlie Murphy

Charlie Murphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Comedian / Actor

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

Phife.... I wouldn't say he was an asshole... He just whined, diva-like, regarding what he would or wouldn't eat... :D

He's the Funky Diabetic, of course he's gonna be picky about what he eats.

#19 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

BazacoPROject isn't famous and never will be, but i hear he's a total asshole

I rest my case.

EDIT: Oh and (in your specific case) the smiley face emoticon means you are dodging my point...

#20 ggg

ggg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

i got two.

Passed by Vince Vaughn at Burbank airport, kind of gave him a nod, he gave me a serious but funny nod in return. Very subtle but humorous.

Second, Hiero was playing an in-store at the music shop I was working at. To everyone's disappointment Del did not show up. I was thinking fuck that guy, probably doesn't care about his fans. Two hours after the performance and the fans had cleared out Del pops into the shop and starts perusing our rap cds. I see him and think to myself, oh shit that's del, I tap my coworker and tell her to look over there, she's like what the fuck are you pointing at? (a few hours before she was telling me what a fan she was). Anyways, I go over to Del, give him a pound and chat with him for a minute. He wants a box for his shopping, so I get him a big ass box and he fills it with about $400 worth of cds. Everyone's freaking out cause a black guy dressed in "hip-hop clothing" is tossing cds into a box. Anyways, that was that, I wasn't tripping about the fans that missed out because I got to have my own personal del experience. Cool guy.

#21 PuertoNico

PuertoNico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:01 AM

L-Boogie.

well, i didn't exactly met her, it was only a concert. and also i wouldn't call her a asshole for that, but there was absolutely no reaction to the crowd. no hello, no goodbye, nothing. there wasn't one single word out of her mouth, except the lyrics of course. i think it's a little bit of a known fact, lauryn is some kind of crazy. but no reason to dislike her great music, of course

#22 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:22 AM

None of the people I've met are ass-holes.
I've met the People Under The Stairs at a local record store.
I got Lupe Fiasco's autograph.
Oh, I remember seeing Blackalicious departing on their tour bus RIGHT before I got to them.
Damn.

#23 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:27 AM

Passed by Vince Vaughn at Burbank airport, kind of gave him a nod, he gave me a serious but funny nod in return. Very subtle but humorous.

I'm glad to hear Vince was cool like dat. He always seems like he'd be a nice celebrity to run into.

I'd have to say whatsup to Vince Vaughn if I ran into him.

#24 spooky

spooky

Heroin Traffiker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:21 AM

Gene Hackman. His wife is really cool though.
Val Kilmer. Would love to see him ran over by a semi-truck.

#25 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:26 AM

Val Kilmer. Would love to see him ran over by a semi-truck.

I can absolutely see this one, too. I love how he's been in a couple striaght (edit: straight) to DVD films recently. You know that is a kick to his ego's nuts.

For some reason mentioning Val reminds me of my brother's encounter with Russel Crowe. My Brother went to Princeton when they were filming "A Beautiful Mind" and between he and his friends, they had so many stories of Russel being the ultimate prick. I can't tell if he's reached 'hit this bitch with a semi' status, but he's walking the line from time to time.

...and his NYC accent in "American Gangster" was fucking putrid.

#26 Bronx Banger

Bronx Banger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

I can absolutely see this one, too. I love how he's been in a couple striaght (edit: straight) to DVD films recently. You know that is a kick to his ego's nuts.

For some reason mentioning Val reminds me of my brother's encounter with Russel Crowe. My Brother went to Princeton when they were filming "A Beautiful Mind" and between he and his friends, they had so many stories of Russel being the ultimate prick. I can't tell if he's reached 'hit this bitch with a semi' status, but he's walking the line from time to time.

...and his NYC accent in "American Gangster" was fucking putrid.

Correction, that was supposed to be the far grimier dirty Jers accent, either way it sounded like he wanted to put Denzel's ass on the barbie.

Russel Crowe an asshole?? NO WAY!

#27 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

Correction, that was supposed to be the far grimier dirty Jers accent...

Oops, my bad.

#28 Bronx Banger

Bronx Banger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

Oops, my bad.

North Jersey accents are basically the same thing as the general New York/LI accent, but I feel like they exaggerate vowels a little more. Anyway, his character was from Jersey.

#29 geewon001

geewon001

Funky Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Location:Detroit; "Tha Dee"; Motown; Murda Mitten; Dirty Glove; Iron Fist

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

Issac Hayes - Posted Image

Keep in mind that I find this guy to be cool, or an icon, due to diggin in the crates and my love of music, etc., plus I'm like 17 or 18 at the time...

...One time, I was out & about somewhere in "the Dee", I think it was COBO Hall, an exhibit center, like a place where The Detroit auto show, the North American International Auto Show is held, it may have even been "The Auto Show"???...anyways I remeber seeing him{Issac Hayes}, he was speaking with one person, I waited inconspicuously, then I approached him politely and in a very respectful manner, introduced myself, made a comment and asked for an autograph,...he shook my hand and said something like hi, nice to meet you, and turned, and walked away without even acknowleding my autograph request???....i felt a 'bit dissed, and it kinda stained my brain or rather, I learned that people you may look up to or think are cool, prove the opposite.

#30 cleancut

cleancut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Hip-hop, Design

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

Met El-P at SXSW with some friends. Never was really too big a fan of his music, but my friend likes him, so we went to go say whats up.

Dude acted like we weren't even there.

It was cool though, Devin the dude was standing right there too, and he was totally down to shoot the shit with us for a few minutes. Real cool guy. Him and the coughee brothaz are some of my favorites, just cause they're so chillin' with everything...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users