#1 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:12 AM

Who's voting? How do you all feel about the props?

Sorry smokers, I'm voting yes on 86, as is everyone I know.

I'm voting no on 85. Let's not widdle away at abortion rights.

What else?

#2 miss stress

miss stress

Cool Table shareholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:31 AM

I forgot to turn in my absentee ballot GOD!! I don't wanna go to the polls. It's more like the presidential elections to me with the lesser of the two evils. I heard Angelides actually has lost support with his own party.

86 is the tax on ciggerrettes?? '

That one is complicated if I vote YES that means they will tax smokers which means it will be harder to attain ciggerettes thus cutting down on 2nd hand smoke/lung cancer.

HOWEVER, the tax revenue is supposed to be used to "fund better education in schools and after school programs" so they want me too believe....... they'll tell me anything.

85 is the one where girls under a certain age parents have to be notified when they have an abortion?

......the commercial makes it like the girls parents will be beating her. I don't see why this matters in the end the girl is STILL going to do what she want whether her parents know or not.

#3 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:35 AM

I forgot to turn in my absentee ballot GOD!! I don't wanna go to the polls. It's more like the presidential elections to me with the lesser of the two evils. I heard Angelides actually has lost support with his own party.
86 is the tax on ciggerrettes?? '

That one is complicated if I vote YES that means they will tax smokers which means it will be harder to attain ciggerettes thus cutting down on 2nd hand smoke/lung cancer.

HOWEVER, the tax revenue is supposed to be used to "fund better education in schools and after school programs" so they want me too believe....... they'll tell me anything.

$2.60 per pack. Provides funding for various health programs, children's health coverage, and tobacco related programs.

I feel your skepticism, though.

#4 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:29 PM

$2.60 per pack. Provides funding for various health programs, children's health coverage, and tobacco related programs.

isnt that ironic. people will be paying more to smoke and eventually will be using that tax $$ to help them with thier problems.

crazy world.

in nebraska the main big thing was to vote for video keno, never played keno but what the hell let some gambling occur here.

#5 Operatore

Operatore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:44 PM

I will be voting today after work. I'm a smoker and i think i'm going to say yes to 86, maybe this will be the push i need to stop. I'll be voting yes on 87 and 1a-1e, 85 is still a toss up right now.

For our GOV.....thats a tough call right there. I think i'm gonna write in PBW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users