dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Beats, Sneakers, and Poker

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

Jesus...

What A Way to get Back In the Game...
I Name the Fucking File Wrong. I Didn't Read the Rules... Posted the Link Wrong...

WTF

Yeah Jin If You Can Just Put a "T" At the End of My Link It Will Work

myspace.com/bumfrumtheuppercrust

i'll check it and give u feedback.

#63 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

word, thanks for the feed. I didn't have any time to mix or eq or anything before the deadline...

anyway ima go check out your beat since you ended up voting for someone other than yourself and gave some feed...

EDIT

dantelewis - Definitely a full sound. I had a slice like one of your horn chops but didn't use it. You did a good job with it. The crash at the change sounded dope. nice drums, but the vibes thing wasn't my style. it's a good beat but not as good as Jin or Ren...probably top five though. lol. peace.

i appreciate the feedback.

#64 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

wigmaster

i dunno why i like this maybe cos its a bit more experimantal than the others but yeah it appeals to me so thats all im gonna say

chaz

found it too repetative and as a whole it just sounded unfinished

MATTICULOUS

besides your hi hats being a little too high in the mix (for my own liking) i think this flowed nicely and wasnt too short or too long, good job

LUK

the drums were really loud and everything else sounded muffled what else can i say?

Jayred

i like this tune and all the nice little change ups but i think the drums just sound slow and sluggish not what i was expecting to come in at all

Ren

again i like this but its the actual drum sound im not massivly into

Dante Lewis

ooooh mr controversy! its a good solid beat if i hadnt picked wigmasters it would have been between you and potencia,only thing i can find is that hat sound seems to be a little off possibly out of time (you'l disagree but im right) but yeah keep up the myspaz work im sure its cool :huh:

Doot

not really my scene not to say its bad but yeah . . oh are they vocal samples from 'snatch'?

Potencia

as previously mentioned if i hadnt picked wigmaster it would have been between and mr controversy over there a good solid production all round,cool

Cralias

i dont want to pre judge without knowing but im maybe guessing you havent been making beats for long? its a shame cos the other beats on your player are ok,no offense intended stick at it mate

TKurata

it could do with a few more things going on (i realize you were limited with what you had to play with) but i liked this beat it was pretty cool

Jinesis

im kinda stuck for things to say this was made with just one sample right? well props for that,maybe suffers a bit with a lack of things going on but its cool

#65 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

Wig Master - Like Someone Else Mentioned The Song Is Super Lacking In the Cohesion Department. Sounded More Like a Mash Up Intro. The Sounds You Chopped From the Sample Were Nice I Like the Piano and Flutes But It Needed Some Structure. Good Sounds Just Void of Any Sort of Rhythm.

Chaz - I Was Diggin' This One. Real Solid Structure and Nice Tones. None of the Elements Were To Loud Or To Soft. Drums Could Have Been a Little Bit Crunchier But Over all I Was Diggin' It Pretty Hard. Good Work Doggie.

Matt - Nice. Real Laid Back Feel The Sample Panning Or Swap Stereo Effect Was Nice On Those Bells Or Fucking Chimes Whatever Those Whind Chime Sounding Mother Fuckers Are Called. The Little Interlude Near the Middle was Nice to Drop Out the Drums. Thats Shows Good Sample Arrangement When The Samples Can Ride Alone with Out the Drums and Still Have a Nice Feel. Good Stuff.

LUK - Tight Soundwaves Son. Real Dark Moody Feel to This One. The Little Snare Snap Roll Thingdigger Was a Nice Touch. Only Beef I Got with Your Sound Is How Repetitive It Was. Needed a Little Switch Up In There Somewhere. It Was Put Together Well Though and Sound Super Duper Son.

Jay Red - took a Little While For That Fucker to Get Going. And When the Drums Came In It Sounded Like They Should Have Been Sped Up Like 2 Beats Per Minute. Sounded Like They Were Just Like a Split Second Behind the Beat. Trying to Catch Up the Whole Time. Gave It Sort of A Laggy Feel. But When The Little Synth Nonsense Came In At the 1 Minute Mark I Think It Gave It That Bounce It Needed In the Beginning. Good Stuff.

Ren - Nice Stylings Son. The Sample Was Kind of Short. Like 2 Bars And It Got Repetitive Kinda Quick But the Drums Were Real Nice. I Like the Stutters and Stumbles. Gave A Real Natural Feel to the Drums. I Feel Like the Sample Switch Up Should Have Come a Little Sooner Because The Two Mixed back and Forth Real Well. Solid Beat Diggin' It Deep.

Dante - Pretty Solid Stuff. The Intro Worked Well and The Horns Were Pretty Kickin'. The Drums Were More Energetic Than In The Previous Beats But You Were Still Able to Hold Onto That Dark Sound That These Samples Brought With Them. Good Flow and Structure. Symbol Crashes Always Make For Good Transitions and I Fell You Placed It Pretty Well. Dope Stuff Cracker.

Potencia - Cake Dunny. Def Feeling This One as a Solid Leader For This Contest. Super Jazzy Feel When You Got Them Horns Blowing. Nice. fit Real Well Together. Let Us Have Our Silence In a Couple Little drop Offs Where It Sounded Like You Synthed and Stereo Panned That Little Horn Dun dun Dun dun Dun dun Dun dun. Cool Feel and Nice Vibe With This One. Keep That Shit Up. So Cheesy Mother Fuckers Like Me Can Be More Persuaded Not To Even Endeavor For This Beat Shit. Ha.

Cralius - + 10 Points For Using the Cheesy Ass Vocal Samples That I Chopped Out Also. Nerd Up On That Weird Shit. sounds Like You Also Used an Outside Vocal Sample Like I Did Though Brother. Me And You are Fucking Cheaters Dude. What The Fuck? We Will Never Prosper You Know That Right? Used That Same dark ass Horn Sample I Used Too. Sounds Like Those Drums Wanted to Be Played at Like 5000 BPM In a House Music Rave Party Though. Kind Of Weird and Industrial Feeling. Not Really Hip'n or Hop'n... Nice Work Though.

TKurata - Ooohhh. Choir Samples For Me You And Cralius Huh? Sounds So Fuckign Gay When I Listen to It Now. Sounded Like a good Idea At the Time Though, Right? This Sounds Like It's On Some Willy Wonka Mixed With Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Asian Stylings. Kind of Weird. A Little Funky. Good Efforts But Not Really Bumping Like Some of the Others.

Jinesis - Super Dark. I almost Had to Turn the Lights Back On. I Was Getting Kind of Scared. That Bass Hit you Got Is Super Errie. Sounds Like Someone Knocking On My Dungeon Door Or Some Shit and Then Them Bassed Out Low ass Horns. Sounded Like Something Off Of that Old Ass Animated Hobbit Movie. *sings* "16 Bird In 5 Fir Trees, Their Feathers Were Scorched, By the Firey Breeze. Oh 16 Birds In Five Fir Trees, Oh what Shall We Do, With the funny Little Things?" *stops singing* This Should Be On a Doom Album. Pretty Cool Stuff.

I'm Torn Between Ren and Potencia.

Whats The Most You Even Won on a Coin Toss?

Well For Potencia It Was a Beat Battle
Number 56 to Be Exact

Potencia

#66 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

wigmaster

i dunno why i like this maybe cos its a bit more experimantal than the others but yeah it appeals to me so thats all im gonna say

chaz

MATTICULOUS

besides your hi hats being a little too high in the mix (for my own liking) i think this flowed nicely and wasnt too short or too long, good job

LUK

the drums were really loud and everything else sounded muffled what else can i say?

Jayred

i like this tune and all the nice little change ups but i think the drums just sound slow and sluggish not what i was expecting to come in at all

Ren

Dante Lewis

ooooh mr controversy! its a good solid beat if i hadnt picked wigmasters it would have been between you and potencia,only thing i can find is that hat sound seems to be a little off possibly out of time (you'l disagree but im right) but yeah keep up the myspaz work im sure its cool :huh:

Doot

not really my scene not to say its bad but yeah . . oh are they vocal samples from 'snatch'?

Potencia

as previously mentioned if i hadnt picked wigmaster it would have been between and mr controversy over there a good solid production all round,cool

Cralias

i dont want to pre judge without knowing but im maybe guessing you havent been making beats for long? its a shame cos the other beats on your player are ok,no offense intended stick at it mate

TKurata

it could do with a few more things going on (i realize you were limited with what you had to play with) but i liked this beat it was pretty cool

Jinesis

im kinda stuck for things to say this was made with just one sample right? well props for that,maybe suffers a bit with a lack of things going on but its cool

i appreciate the feedback. i will most definitley continue to promote myself online. it has gotten me placements, clothing sponsorships, and it helps my ego out emensley when people tell me my shit is hot.

thanks again.

(peace)

#67 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

wigmaster

chaz

MATTICULOUS

LUK

Jayred

Ren

Dante Lewis

Doot

Potencia

Cralias

TKurata

Jinesis

The First One.

The One at the End Is From Anchor Man

Sorry Champ I Think I Ate Your Chocloate Squirrel

#68 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

WIGMASTER - EQ WAS DOPE, AS I PARTICIPATE EVERY WEEK IN THESE BATTLES I NOTICE THAT YOUR BEATS DONT CHANGE. THIS OFFBEAT THING GOING ON EVERYWEEK, IS NOT GOING TO FLY....LIKE NO GOLF BALLS THROUGH THE WINDOW. THATS IT. DONT GET IT TWISTED U HAVE A DOPE SOUND U JUS NEED TO EXHIBIT VERSATILITY.

CHAZAKACH - LOVE THE WAY THE WAY U FLIPPED ALL THREE SAMPLES. THIS BEAT WAS ALRIGHT. LACKED SOUND QUALITY. SINCE THIS IS YOUR FIRST WEEK U GET A BEAT PASS LOL. FOR YOU NEXT WEEK WILL BE INTERESTING.

MATTICULOUS - DOPE SAMPLE FLIP...BREAKDOWN WAS VERY MELLOW, BUT THE DRUMS DONT MATCH SAMPLE. THATS WHY U SHOULD CHOP DRUMS. COOL BEAT.

LUK - LIKE THE DRUMS. CAN U SEND ME THEM LOL. VERY COOL BEATS, NOTHING I DIDNT LIKE HERE.

JARED - INTRO......MY GOD! I WENT TO THE LAUDRY, WASHED MY CLOTHES, CAME BACK, INTRO STILL PLAYING. DRUM PATTERN WAS WACK..DRUMS WERE TOO OPEN..SHOULD HAVE BEEN TIGHTER.

REN - FIRSTLY, DRUMS WERENT HITTING TO ME @ ALL. I FEW DOPE PARTS....BUT OVERALL. THIS BEAT WAS LIKE FRIED CHICKEN WITH NO SEASONING.

DANTE LEWIS - DA BREAKBEAT WAS TIGHT...YET HAD NO UUUMMMPPHHH.. THE CRASH WAS TOO MUCH IN THE HIGHS...DOPE BEAT

DOOT - ?

POTENCIA - NO COMPLAINTS, HOT SHIT

CRALIAS - DRUMS & DRUM PATTERN TIGHT. VERY CREATIVE...IF I DIDNT LISTEN TO THE WHOLE BEAT I WOULDVE NEVER CAUGHT THE CHANGE. DOPE BEAT

TKURATA - DOPE BEAT. LOVED HOW U STEPPED OUT YOUR BOX.

P.S. - ON THE REAL I AM THE MOST CREATIVE SAMPLE OUT OF THIS BUNCH...AND THE BUNCH THATS NOT HERE..I FEEL LIKE ALOT OF THESE BATTLES I SHOULD HAVE WON ESPECIALLY THE STEELY DAN BATTLE

#69 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

Jesus...

What A Way to get Back In the Game...
I Name the Fucking File Wrong. I Didn't Read the Rules... Posted the Link Wrong...

WTF

Yeah Jin If You Can Just Put a "T" At the End of My Link It Will Work

myspace.com/bumfrumtheuppercrust

MY BAD I FIXED IT

#70 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

Wig Master - Like Someone Else Mentioned The Song Is Super Lacking In the Cohesion Department. Sounded More Like a Mash Up Intro. The Sounds You Chopped From the Sample Were Nice I Like the Piano and Flutes But It Needed Some Structure. Good Sounds Just Void of Any Sort of Rhythm.

Chaz - I Was Diggin' This One. Real Solid Structure and Nice Tones. None of the Elements Were To Loud Or To Soft. Drums Could Have Been a Little Bit Crunchier But Over all I Was Diggin' It Pretty Hard. Good Work Doggie.

Matt - Nice. Real Laid Back Feel The Sample Panning Or Swap Stereo Effect Was Nice On Those Bells Or Fucking Chimes Whatever Those Whind Chime Sounding Mother Fuckers Are Called. The Little Interlude Near the Middle was Nice to Drop Out the Drums. Thats Shows Good Sample Arrangement When The Samples Can Ride Alone with Out the Drums and Still Have a Nice Feel. Good Stuff.

LUK - Tight Soundwaves Son. Real Dark Moody Feel to This One. The Little Snare Snap Roll Thingdigger Was a Nice Touch. Only Beef I Got with Your Sound Is How Repetitive It Was. Needed a Little Switch Up In There Somewhere. It Was Put Together Well Though and Sound Super Duper Son.

Jay Red - took a Little While For That Fucker to Get Going. And When the Drums Came In It Sounded Like They Should Have Been Sped Up Like 2 Beats Per Minute. Sounded Like They Were Just Like a Split Second Behind the Beat. Trying to Catch Up the Whole Time. Gave It Sort of A Laggy Feel. But When The Little Synth Nonsense Came In At the 1 Minute Mark I Think It Gave It That Bounce It Needed In the Beginning. Good Stuff.

Ren - Nice Stylings Son. The Sample Was Kind of Short. Like 2 Bars And It Got Repetitive Kinda Quick But the Drums Were Real Nice. I Like the Stutters and Stumbles. Gave A Real Natural Feel to the Drums. I Feel Like the Sample Switch Up Should Have Come a Little Sooner Because The Two Mixed back and Forth Real Well. Solid Beat Diggin' It Deep.

Dante - Pretty Solid Stuff. The Intro Worked Well and The Horns Were Pretty Kickin'. The Drums Were More Energetic Than In The Previous Beats But You Were Still Able to Hold Onto That Dark Sound That These Samples Brought With Them. Good Flow and Structure. Symbol Crashes Always Make For Good Transitions and I Fell You Placed It Pretty Well. Dope Stuff Cracker.

Potencia - Cake Dunny. Def Feeling This One as a Solid Leader For This Contest. Super Jazzy Feel When You Got Them Horns Blowing. Nice. fit Real Well Together. Let Us Have Our Silence In a Couple Little drop Offs Where It Sounded Like You Synthed and Stereo Panned That Little Horn Dun dun Dun dun Dun dun Dun dun. Cool Feel and Nice Vibe With This One. Keep That Shit Up. So Cheesy Mother Fuckers Like Me Can Be More Persuaded Not To Even Endeavor For This Beat Shit. Ha.

Cralius - + 10 Points For Using the Cheesy Ass Vocal Samples That I Chopped Out Also. Nerd Up On That Weird Shit. sounds Like You Also Used an Outside Vocal Sample Like I Did Though Brother. Me And You are Fucking Cheaters Dude. What The Fuck? We Will Never Prosper You Know That Right? Used That Same dark ass Horn Sample I Used Too. Sounds Like Those Drums Wanted to Be Played at Like 5000 BPM In a House Music Rave Party Though. Kind Of Weird and Industrial Feeling. Not Really Hip'n or Hop'n... Nice Work Though.

TKurata - Ooohhh. Choir Samples For Me You And Cralius Huh? Sounds So Fuckign Gay When I Listen to It Now. Sounded Like a good Idea At the Time Though, Right? This Sounds Like It's On Some Willy Wonka Mixed With Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Asian Stylings. Kind of Weird. A Little Funky. Good Efforts But Not Really Bumping Like Some of the Others.

Jinesis - Super Dark. I almost Had to Turn the Lights Back On. I Was Getting Kind of Scared. That Bass Hit you Got Is Super Errie. Sounds Like Someone Knocking On My Dungeon Door Or Some Shit and Then Them Bassed Out Low ass Horns. Sounded Like Something Off Of that Old Ass Animated Hobbit Movie. *sings* "16 Bird In 5 Fir Trees, Their Feathers Were Scorched, By the Firey Breeze. Oh 16 Birds In Five Fir Trees, Oh what Shall We Do, With the funny Little Things?" *stops singing* This Should Be On a Doom Album. Pretty Cool Stuff.

I'm Torn Between Ren and Potencia.

Whats The Most You Even Won on a Coin Toss?

Well For Potencia It Was a Beat Battle
Number 56 to Be Exact

Potencia

THANKS HOMIE I THINK YOU PICK THE WRONG GUY LOL

#71 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

WIGMASTER - EQ WAS DOPE, AS I PARTICIPATE EVERY WEEK IN THESE BATTLES I NOTICE THAT YOUR BEATS DONT CHANGE. THIS OFFBEAT THING GOING ON EVERYWEEK, IS NOT GOING TO FLY....LIKE NO GOLF BALLS THROUGH THE WINDOW. THATS IT. DONT GET IT TWISTED U HAVE A DOPE SOUND U JUS NEED TO EXHIBIT VERSATILITY.

CHAZAKACH - LOVE THE WAY THE WAY U FLIPPED ALL THREE SAMPLES. THIS BEAT WAS ALRIGHT. LACKED SOUND QUALITY. SINCE THIS IS YOUR FIRST WEEK U GET A BEAT PASS LOL. FOR YOU NEXT WEEK WILL BE INTERESTING.

MATTICULOUS - DOPE SAMPLE FLIP...BREAKDOWN WAS VERY MELLOW, BUT THE DRUMS DONT MATCH SAMPLE. THATS WHY U SHOULD CHOP DRUMS. COOL BEAT.

LUK - LIKE THE DRUMS. CAN U SEND ME THEM LOL. VERY COOL BEATS, NOTHING I DIDNT LIKE HERE.

JARED - INTRO......MY GOD! I WENT TO THE LAUDRY, WASHED MY CLOTHES, CAME BACK, INTRO STILL PLAYING. DRUM PATTERN WAS WACK..DRUMS WERE TOO OPEN..SHOULD HAVE BEEN TIGHTER.

REN - FIRSTLY, DRUMS WERENT HITTING TO ME @ ALL. I FEW DOPE PARTS....BUT OVERALL. THIS BEAT WAS LIKE FRIED CHICKEN WITH NO SEASONING.

DANTE LEWIS - DA BREAKBEAT WAS TIGHT...YET HAD NO UUUMMMPPHHH.. THE CRASH WAS TOO MUCH IN THE HIGHS...DOPE BEAT

DOOT - ?

POTENCIA - NO COMPLAINTS, HOT SHIT

CRALIAS - DRUMS & DRUM PATTERN TIGHT. VERY CREATIVE...IF I DIDNT LISTEN TO THE WHOLE BEAT I WOULDVE NEVER CAUGHT THE CHANGE. DOPE BEAT

TKURATA - DOPE BEAT. LOVED HOW U STEPPED OUT YOUR BOX.

P.S. - ON THE REAL I AM THE MOST CREATIVE SAMPLE OUT OF THIS BUNCH...AND THE BUNCH THATS NOT HERE..I FEEL LIKE ALOT OF THESE BATTLES I SHOULD HAVE WON ESPECIALLY THE STEELY DAN BATTLE

word up, im trying to figure out how danielson(Jinsesis) is more creative than mr myagi(Dante Lewis)?

#72 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

word up, im trying to figure out how danielson(Jinsesis) is more creative than mr myagi(Dante Lewis)?

LMAO BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE MASTER.......UHM MASTER JIN KELLY..

#73 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

perhaps you and dante should have a battle seeing as you are the masters of the beats

macca thumbs innit
Posted Image

#74 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

tough call between jin, ren & potencia... i really liked jin's drums, but the melody was a little too dissonant for my taste.
i'll give it to ren this week. nice job.
thanks for the feedback to everyone. i agree 100% that my beat sucked this week (no offense to shakey).
i can guarantee there's no favoritism here--i don't know shakey at all.
uncle remus came in and ripped it pretty easily first time in cause his beat was SICK, period.
jin, thanks especially cause i'm really having problems making my beats more accessible and that's probably the #1 reason

#75 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

perhaps you and dante should have a battle seeing as you are the masters of the beats

macca thumbs innit
Posted Image

LMAO

#76 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

tough call between jin, ren & potencia... i really liked jin's drums, but the melody was a little too dissonant for my taste.
i'll give it to ren this week. nice job.
thanks for the feedback to everyone. i agree 100% that my beat sucked this week (no offense to shakey).
i can guarantee there's no favoritism here--i don't know shakey at all.
uncle remus came in and ripped it pretty easily first time in cause his beat was SICK, period.
jin, thanks especially cause i'm really having problems making my beats more accessible and that's probably the #1 reason

dissonant..YOU SHOULD VISIT MY FIRST PAGE........http://www.myspace.com/jinesispro....THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK

#77 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

Okay, it was down to four..

Ren fell off because I didn't agree with the drums to a 100%...
Wig Masters I liked at first, and I like it sloppy but it became a little too much...
Loved the drums on Jinesis beat, especially those killer hihats.
Loved the sample use on Dante Lewis beat.

So it was down to two..

Sorry Jin, but that squeaky noise throws me off! Maybe next time :rolleyes:

So despite making one of the most questionable comments of the year* my vote goes to dante lewis!

* "you dont think im doper than you?"

:lol:

#78 chazakaCH

chazakaCH

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:artistic expression.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

WELL THIS IS MY FIRST WEEK DOIN THIS..UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE MIDTERMS THIS WEEK
I BEEN WATCHING 4 BOUT 4 WEEKS...I like to judge based on which beat is most susceptible to be a record... a lil on technique...and a lil on what you trying to get acrosss

IM AFRICAN-AMERICAN, &
I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE LIKE ALL PEOPLE BUT THIS WEEK DONT U JUS FEEL LIKE BLACK PEOPLE JUS FUCKED UP THE THREAD LMAO

Wigmaster - It SOUNDS LIKE A BAND OR ORCHESTRA AT THE REHEARSAL WHEN THEYRE ALL PLAYING AND TUNING THEIR INSTRUMENTS. LIKE THE KICK. U HAVE SNARE ON ANOTHA BEAT IM GONNA SAMPLE....LETS SEE IF U KNOW WHEN I USE IT.

CHAZ - I view my music objectively so...SHOULDVE EQ'ed THE BEAT.....HE NEEDS A BOARD IF HE DOESNT HAVE ONE..THE FACT THAT HE HAD MIDTERMS &..GOT HOME FRI. @ 11:38 IS HIS BIZ LOL chops were very good. he claims he used all three samples but it was a lil hard to tell. minus sound quality this is good

matticulous - LOVE THE PART OF THE SAMPLE U CHOSE...PANNING ON THE SAMPLE WHEN SOLO'ED????? BEAUTIFUL. NICE ARRANGEMENT. DIGGIN THAT SNARE & RIDE. LOVE HOW THE LAYERED SAMPLES CREATED A VIBE. KICK DIDNT MOVE ME THOUGH

LUK - like the drums especially the snare....dont like the loop or sample chioce at all.... sounds like a beat used for closing credits of an independent movie. THANKS FOR THE LINK HELP

JAYRED - THANKS FOR THE DIETODAY ADD....SORRY I TOOK IT DOWN......THE EQ & VOL WAS LOW ANYWHO....LIKE THE SNARE.....LOVED HOW U FLIPPED THE STRINGS ON (16LEVELS OR WHATEVER) 4 THE HOOK...DRUMS TO TOUGH FOR THE SAMPLE CHOSE.

REN - COOL INTRO....DRUMS WERE TOO LOUD....LOOP BECAME REPETITIVE.....DIDNT LIKE THE BREAK ....I DONT REALLY SEE THIS BEING A GOOD RECORD

DANTE - CRASH WAS TOO MUCH IN THE HIGHS

DOOT - U had a hard week bro.....i dont hear this becoming a record jinesis-jineses = doot.....im jus jokin bro....vocal sample was funny!!!

POTENCIA - IT WAS A GREAT BEAT TO SCORE A FLICK WIT...NOTHING TOOK ME OVER THE TOP OF THE HILL...BUT THE VOCAL SAMPLE SHOWED ME WHAT THE TOP LOOKED LIKE....LOL......NICE SOLOS & ARRANGEMENT

CRALIAS - DRUM PATTERN INTRIGUED ME... HATS NEED SOME LEVELING (BUT WHO AM I TO TALK SHIT BOUT MIXING LOL) DIDNT LIKE THE SAMPLE CHOICE.. BEAT SWITCH WASNT VERY HOT BUT POINTS FOR DOIN IT

TKURATA - I DIDNT LIKE THAT PART OF THE SAMPLE SONG AT ALL IF YALL DIDNT KNOW ALREADY....LOVE WATCHA DID WITH THE RIDE...NICE DRUMS...BACKWARDS....WASNT RELEVANT TO THE BEAT MUCH...AAAAA'S WERE COOLIO

JINESIS - GUESS U WANT US TO FOLLOW SUIT WIT THE VIDEOS...GOOD IDEA...KINDA REMINDS ME OF THE WHISPER SONG BY YING YANG.....OBVIOUS BUT STILL"I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT" LOL....LOVE THE DRUMS...KICK -100 LOL...DIDNT LIKE HOW U CHOPED THE SAMPLE....DONT HEAR AN MC ON THIS ...OR ANYBODY BESIDES JIN HIMSELF....U SHOULD JUS TALK OVER YO SHITS LOL

MY VOTE IS 4 MATTICULOUS...GOOD SHIT HOMIE...UR PRIZE IS ME ADDING U ON MYSPACE...CONGRATS

#79 radioraheem

radioraheem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

im gonna vote when i get some free time....i heard dante beat earlier in the week and was kinda feelin that joint but i gtta check out the rest

#80 radioraheem

radioraheem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

oh nevermind its over ill vote next week

#81 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Watching the A-Team.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

JAYRED- that long as intro man wtf when the drums came in that was a big let down man

Sorry, I get that a lot with my girl...except not having to do with beats.

JAYRED - I like the strings, the drums sound off to me, not digging the keys (too loud/abrasive) - I'm kinda getting tired of the half-step decending beat...still not too bad...

Half-step decending beats are what I do best in my mediocre beat making. Oh well can't please 'em all.

Jayred - nice pic for this beat...um. yeah the samples and drums don't go together terrificly. when you start with those keys it sounds a little out of place with the rest of the beat. Overall I'm diggin the vibe in my headphones. Some low frq sounds in there. When it goes to keys and drums onlyi had a head nod going. The main strings sample didn't do it for me though.

Pic was of my hand after I got a sweet christmas present when I was skating. I kind of threw whatever drums I had around. Like I said I just threw it together.

JAYRED-it was aight, but i can hear someone on it.

I assuming you mean "can't" and you are totally correct. If you actually meant "can" then your mom should have aborted you when she had the chance. I kid. :rolleyes:

Jayred

Yea, I kid of just guessed on the bpm. Thanks.

Sorry, I'll get the nonsense started in the beginning of the fucker next time. Thanks.

Oh really? I was doing my laundry when I made it! AWESOME! Wackness of the drum pattern is already known.

JAYRED - THANKS FOR THE DIETODAY ADD....SORRY I TOOK IT DOWN......THE EQ & VOL WAS LOW ANYWHO....LIKE THE SNARE.....LOVED HOW U FLIPPED THE STRINGS ON (16LEVELS OR WHATEVER) 4 THE HOOK...DRUMS TO TOUGH FOR THE SAMPLE CHOSE.

"DIETODAY ADD"?? Did I deny you or something. I had a few friend requests and I denied a few. Thanks though.

I think it was TKurata that said these battles are falling off and I have to agree. Ever since subbass stopped submitting it hasn't been the same. Oh well.

But I can't really vote because the computer I'm on doesn't have speakers plus it is too late.

#82 Tylerhipnosis

Tylerhipnosis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:48 PM

i went to your site tyler. practice what u preach bro.

looks like someones hating again.

thanks for the feedback.

not hating just calling like i heard it at the time i heard it im not saying anything agents you as a person or a producer i am merely specking on the beats that were placed in this particular battle.

benson walk is dope tho tyler.

i have pro tools.

but i didnt know that makes dope beats alone.

again thanks for the feedback.

number don't lie tho.

(peace)

And no pro tools dose not make the producer ,I just though you could have had recording problems transferring the beat from what ever beat machine, fruity looper, tink tink rock maker you used to make the beat .I was just saying if some of the sounds were a little more crisp and defined i might of liked the beat a little better but thats just me.

comments, plays, and views aside.

you dont think im doper than you?

No every one has there own style all of you who participated in the battle have good beats on your pages and im sure you have some major joints that you won't let anyone hear for reasons never to be told at any rate what i wrote is what i felt when i heard the beats.

and the not home thing i think the link was bad

i have beats on myspace and a beat tape in my blog on my website i also posted a pod cast of my beats and raps in the hype so feel free to tear at them if you like i just hope someone enjoys the music.

www.myspace.com/tylerhipnosis side A
www.tylerhipnosis.com side B

#83 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:03 AM

Sorry, I get that a lot with my girl...except not having to do with beats.

Half-step decending beats are what I do best in my mediocre beat making. Oh well can't please 'em all.

Pic was of my hand after I got a sweet christmas present when I was skating. I kind of threw whatever drums I had around. Like I said I just threw it together.

I assuming you mean "can't" and you are totally correct. If you actually meant "can" then your mom should have aborted you when she had the chance. I kid. :rolleyes:

Yea, I kid of just guessed on the bpm. Thanks.

Sorry, I'll get the nonsense started in the beginning of the fucker next time. Thanks.

Oh really? I was doing my laundry when I made it! AWESOME! Wackness of the drum pattern is already known.

"DIETODAY ADD"?? Did I deny you or something. I had a few friend requests and I denied a few. Thanks though.

I think it was TKurata that said these battles are falling off and I have to agree. Ever since subbass stopped submitting it hasn't been the same. Oh well.

But I can't really vote because the computer I'm on doesn't have speakers plus it is too late.

I DO NOT THINK THESE BATTLE'S ARE FALLING OFF AT ALL,IN FACT THEY GOT MUCH BETTER AND WHO CARES IF THE NEXT DUDE DOESN'T WANT TO SUBMIT A BEAT ANYMORE,BUT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IS MAN UP AND GET READY FOR NEXT WEEK BATTLE.YEAH THIS ALL FOR FUN,BUT ITS ALSO TO MAKE YOU BETTER AT WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO,SO WALK STRAIGHT AND STICK YOUR CHEST OUT.........LMAO

#84 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:40 AM

so yeah after all this confusion who won this?

#85 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:45 AM

ok, so enuff of the bullshit,

who won,
me?

i think i tallied 4 votes,
anyone beat that?

i dont think so,
so what happens now?

Is it only me who posts a beat?

Anyways,
forgive me but I havent participated in any of these for a while,

so for all the haters and squabling, vote for yourself bullshit,
lets be gentlemn and civil,
just vote for someone else,

if your beat is the dopest it will get voted for,
i only vote for beats, not for people.

anyways,
having said that,
lets roll on.

#86 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:57 AM

so yeah after all this confusion who won this?

REN WON

#87 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

ok so what the protocol,

as i say i havent been in one for a while and i noticed 2-3 people submitting beats.

Do i make up the rules for this week?

#88 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:28 AM

ok so what the protocol,

as i say i havent been in one for a while and i noticed 2-3 people submitting beats.

Do i make up the rules for this week?

VISIT THE OTHER THREADS AND SEE WHAT RULES YOU LIKE AND ADD YOUR OWN IF YOU LIKE...

#89 POTENCIA INCISIVE

POTENCIA INCISIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

POTENCIA-i like that it sounded dirty. but you need pro tools to win this battle. ;)

PRO TOOLS IS FOR SOFT WET PUSSIES WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE DIRTY DUSTY DARK SOUNDS OF HIP HOP.....U MADE A FOOL OUT OF URSELF EVEN MENTIONING PRO TOOLS....USELESS....

ROOKIE...

AND MY BAD TO NOT VOTING THIS WEEK, I WAS TO BUSY HAVING SEX..... :angry:

THX FOR THE ONE VOTE I GOT....

BATTLE 57, LETS GO HARD...

#90 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:59 AM

PRO TOOLS IS FOR SOFT WET PUSSIES WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE DIRTY DUSTY DARK SOUNDS OF HIP HOP.....U MADE A FOOL OUT OF URSELF EVEN MENTIONING PRO TOOLS....USELESS....

ROOKIE...

damn, you know quite alot about protools don't you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users