90 replies to this topic

#31 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Beats, Sneakers, and Poker

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback--very helpful.

These battles are just falling apart, IMO. i didn't think things could get much worse, but was proved wrong. I'm going to start a new vote in honor of some on the newbies in the battle:

Vote For the Most Ridiculous Post in this Thread:

1. You need Pro Tools to make dope beats
2. Myspace views = bragging rights
3. Voting for yourself

This is a really hard one...

I'll be back later with a vote...maybe I'll vote for a beat while I"m at it. Fuck the haters.

comments, plays, and views aside.

you dont think im doper than you?

#32 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

what the fuck is up with you?

#33 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

IM GONNA VOTE FOR MYSELF THIS WEEK.

THIS IS MAINLY BEACUSE, I'M PRETTY MUCH THE ILLEST OUT OF EVERYONE HERE. LIKE I SAID BEFORE NUMBERS DON'T LIE. GO TO MY PAGE AND YOU'LL SEE THAT. I THINK PEOPLE VOTE FOR THIER "HOMIES" I DON'T THINK IT HAS MUCH TO DO WITH WHAT BEAT IS THE DOPEST.

I'M NOT GOING TO GO ON A BIG KANYE WEST STYLE RANT.

BUT IM VOTING FOR "DANTE LEWIS"

I WILL POST MY CRITIQUES AFTER I LISTEN TO EVERYONE ELSE'S BEATS.

(PEACE)

you will post your critique AFTER you listen to everyone else's beat, but have already voted for yourself..?!?!

Posted Image

#34 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

I dont think,
in fact I KNOW that you cant vote for yourself.

if he says that, it doesnt count.

#35 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

what the fuck is up with you?

im just stating facts bro.

what's wrong with having a opinion?

that's what's really wrong with these forums like stmb and okayhater>

people are afraid to tell someone there shit is wack.

i agree i come off a lil vocal and arogant, but it's who i am.

#36 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

since i can't vote for myself.

i'll give my vote to "REN"

#37 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

sorry that I have to step away now -- I have a feeling this may get good...

PS: TK, I feel you on these battles...peace to all the heads who are trying to keep this fun..!!

#38 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:03 PM

well aww shanks.

:
:]

:?

#39 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

i vote for Cralias.

the 1st half of the beat is well good.. reminds me of some eerie ol Vadim type shhh.

#40 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:07 PM

actually can i change my mind?

i vote for myself.

#41 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

a lot of beats and I'm short on time -- gonna need to keep these brief - I am of the assumption everyone followed the rules:

WIGMASTER - some nice chops in here though at times just seems too noisey -- a lot of different stuff going on at once which seems to pull the beat in different directions rather than a cohesive feel -- the sound as usual is pretty great -- the outro was nice.

CHAZ - well I will say the first thing I notice is the low quality -- not sure why or how that happened but this sounds like it was recorded in a tin can...the beat itself is okay, actually at times sounds like Wig's without all the clutter -- not bad overall but the sound just needs a major shot in the arm -- more bass, better EQ, etc..

MATTICULOUS - nice beat, the sound is wonderful -- somehow didn't strike me as anything uber-original or amazing but was solid top-to-bottom -- nice work..!!

LUK - I really like the drums on this one but I am not loving the musical loops so much -- actually this music with softer drums probably would have sounded better and these drums with harder music would have sounded better -- as it stands though it's a decent beat...

JAYRED - I like the strings, the drums sound off to me, not digging the keys (too loud/abrasive) - I'm kinda getting tired of the half-step decending beat...still not too bad...

REN - NICE..!! good or bad/right or wrong, this is the first beat that really struck me this week. nice sounds all around, I am loving the drum patterns, everything sounds pretty great -- this one is all sorts of ready to have some vocals spit all over it -- nice work..!!

DANTE LEWIS - your beat has fallen victim to the MySpace player malfunction -- sorry man but I can't give feedback to what I can't hear...

DOOT - looks like your link's no good -- "Invalid Friend ID" -- oh I see it's actually http://www.myspace.c...umtheuppercrust -- fix it so people can listen. Anyway I believe I am supposed to be listening to BB53, anyway if so I gotta say not really my thing -- the overall sound/mix is nice but the beat itself is just not my cup of tea -- too noisey -- uh-oh vocal sample -- disqualified..!! ha ha

POTENCIA - very nice beat -- not too much to pick apart with this one, pretty solid start to finish. overall mix is great. only knock is that it's not super-exciting, but as is it's very nice -- great work..!!

CRALIAS - Ah yes the return of cralias..!! welcome back..!! hmmm, your beat isn't playing either..!! I think we may be seeing less and less MySpace links going forward if this shit keeps happening..!!

TKurata - this beat is JINESIS dark..!! as always the beat sounds great..!! not digging the choir/vocal samples, but what's underneath sounds pretty good -- hmmmm, not really loving this backwards part either -- sorry man, can't say I loved it like I've loved some of your other beats...

JINESIS - another MySpace Player victim..!! sorry man...

sorry to those who's beats I couldn't listen to...unfortunately I will be out for the rest of the night and will not be able to vote before the deadline if I don't vote now -- my vote is for REN

IT MIGHT BE YOUR INTERNET AND THATS WHY YOU CAN HERE OURS

#42 LUK

LUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Mercy, mercy, (ego trip, ego trip)
Mercy! (ego trip, ego trip), Mercy!!!

#43 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

i vote for myself.

yes you can,

but nobody else.

#44 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

i vote for myself.

that's what's up. i really respect this shit.

if you feel your shit is the best, vote for it.

#45 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

oh dear.

#46 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

actually i vote for these guys

#47 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,486 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

can you vote for yourself even if you didnt enter the battle?

#48 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

can you vote for yourself even if you didnt enter the battle?

dunno. but i just did coz i'm fuckin HIPHOP MO'FUCKAZZZZ. i took a shit on the rule book.

#49 LUK

LUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

wack .

#50 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

The Wig Master - I really liked what you were trying to do here, but it seems like this beat is just screaming for some open spaces. Alos the organ bits are abrasive. It's a really interesting track though, even more experimental than usual. Props for using the samples only.

Chaz - I didn't think it sounded that bad...the kicks were bland...it's alright. nothing really much happens though. Def could use some EQ work.

Maticulous - I love the pans...great sound to this beat. The drums are a little too standard sounding or something. Man I would love if those pans switched directions...that would have been cool. Great sample work, i really like this one. starts to sound slightly random after a while...good work though man!

LUK - you used the same chop i did, for your main loop...lol. nice. that ratchet thing sounds over compressed or something. I like it but would have liked a little more out of the samples as far as a melody goes. The kicks sounded...ok i guess. slightly bland. I'm likin it. thanks for helpin Jin out with my link...

Jayred - nice pic for this beat...um. yeah the samples and drums don't go together terrificly. when you start with those keys it sounds a little out of place with the rest of the beat. Overall I'm diggin the vibe in my headphones. Some low frq sounds in there. When it goes to keys and drums onlyi had a head nod going. The main strings sample didn't do it for me though.

Ren - yeah I love this beat too...those 808kicks in there are nicely placed... my only critique is that the loops are a little short and slightly repetitive. besides that it's a great sound, niiiice work!!!

Dante Lewis - fuck that i'm not listening to someone who voted for themself. that's just arrogant. i'm sure it sounds dope, i'm sure all your myspace friends will love it. (edit: i just got your myspace friend request, I was gonna turn it down but your Pants "tribute" avater was irresistible...lol...but i'm still boycotting your beat cuz you voted for yourself :huh: )

Doot - I don't think many people have heard yr beat, the link is bad and the track is called STMB53. LOL...anyway I like your beat (used the t!llman link). The drums sound a little rigid, but in a good way like james pants sort of. I think this beat has a nice bounce too it. Sounded good in the headphones....nice live feel.

Potencia - Nice intro. This beat takes you a journey. Sounds like JINESIS drums...haha. Those first horn chops sounded too melodically basic to me, like some amateur playing a synth with two fingers. Since I typed that sentence about 4 other loops have come and gone. You did chop the shit out of this. Nice mixing, it all sounds cohesive. anyway there was nothing in this beat that jumped out and grabbed me, but I still think it was pretty hot.

Cralias - like the skipping stuttering drums. the lead sample was a popular choice this week, you did a pretty good job with it. I like the second part of the beat better. has some nice moments in there...whoa crazy panning shit in the end...i think it was dope.

TKurata - why can't this mf'er use myspace? still boycotting it i guess...

JINESIS - there was a VH1 Behind the Music about Jinesis on YouTube this week, it was fun stuff...lol. Weird intro. whoa nice drums!! would like to hear something different from your kicks, though. that is dope, man. Love the march feel to the kicks...are you gonna let them march for a while?...cmon do it! anyway it's a nice drum pattern. Some low frequency sound in there, blends well with the rest. It all sounds dope, man, it's gonna be hard to decide between you and Ren...damn you didn't let those kicks march on for a few bars that would have been dope...

Gotta go with...Ren. I think Jin's beat was very close but I am starting to hear this similarity in the tone of Jin's beats that is bothering me a little. Kind of hard to explain. Maybe it's those pitched down kicks, but I would like to hear something with a more upbeat vibe from you Jin.

Some good stuff this week i'm thinkin...I've been moving furniture all day and am ready to zone out for awhile...have a good weekend...

Peace-~

#51 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

VOTE GO TO TKURATA
BE BAC IN A MIN. WITH THE CRITIQUE AND OH BOY THERE WILL BE NO HOLDIN BACK WHAT SO EVER LMAO

#52 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

you dont think im doper than you?

I'll have to sleep on that... :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

#53 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

VOTE GO TO TKURATA

Thanks homie!

#54 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

WIGMASTER-Shit was bland, had no rhythm once so over, even some glitch loops have a lil swing.

CHAZ-Chops were dope but got boring after awhile. mix sounded thin.

MATTICULOUS- dope!

LUK-hahahaahah this shit is unemployed. needs work!

JAYRED-it was aight, but i can hear someone on it.

REN-dopest shit next to mine, it was the most creative. i would have juiced up the drums tho.

DANTE LEWIS-this kid is next up, sounded like some 1993 neckbreaker hip hop shit.

DOOT-I hope this is just a hobby for you.

POTENCIA-i like that it sounded dirty. but you need pro tools to win this battle. :huh:

CRALIAS-disqualified

TKurata-dope, but maybe it was to dark for me. mix and drums were thin.

JINESIS-if i had two votes my other would go here. it was creative the way u used the drum sample. and you get overall creativity points for doing a video. you changed the game with that shit. big ups for being a trend setter.

#55 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

The Wig Master - I really liked what you were trying to do here, but it seems like this beat is just screaming for some open spaces. Alos the organ bits are abrasive. It's a really interesting track though, even more experimental than usual. Props for using the samples only.

Chaz - I didn't think it sounded that bad...the kicks were bland...it's alright. nothing really much happens though. Def could use some EQ work.

Maticulous - I love the pans...great sound to this beat. The drums are a little too standard sounding or something. Man I would love if those pans switched directions...that would have been cool. Great sample work, i really like this one. starts to sound slightly random after a while...good work though man!

LUK - you used the same chop i did, for your main loop...lol. nice. that ratchet thing sounds over compressed or something. I like it but would have liked a little more out of the samples as far as a melody goes. The kicks sounded...ok i guess. slightly bland. I'm likin it. thanks for helpin Jin out with my link...

Jayred - nice pic for this beat...um. yeah the samples and drums don't go together terrificly. when you start with those keys it sounds a little out of place with the rest of the beat. Overall I'm diggin the vibe in my headphones. Some low frq sounds in there. When it goes to keys and drums onlyi had a head nod going. The main strings sample didn't do it for me though.

Ren - yeah I love this beat too...those 808kicks in there are nicely placed... my only critique is that the loops are a little short and slightly repetitive. besides that it's a great sound, niiiice work!!!

Dante Lewis - fuck that i'm not listening to someone who voted for themself. that's just arrogant. i'm sure it sounds dope, i'm sure all your myspace friends will love it. (edit: i just got your myspace friend request, I was gonna turn it down but your Pants "tribute" avater was irresistible...lol...but i'm still boycotting your beat cuz you voted for yourself :huh: )

Doot - I don't think many people have heard yr beat, the link is bad and the track is called STMB53. LOL...anyway I like your beat (used the t!llman link). The drums sound a little rigid, but in a good way like james pants sort of. I think this beat has a nice bounce too it. Sounded good in the headphones....nice live feel.

Potencia - Nice intro. This beat takes you a journey. Sounds like JINESIS drums...haha. Those first horn chops sounded too melodically basic to me, like some amateur playing a synth with two fingers. Since I typed that sentence about 4 other loops have come and gone. You did chop the shit out of this. Nice mixing, it all sounds cohesive. anyway there was nothing in this beat that jumped out and grabbed me, but I still think it was pretty hot.

Cralias - like the skipping stuttering drums. the lead sample was a popular choice this week, you did a pretty good job with it. I like the second part of the beat better. has some nice moments in there...whoa crazy panning shit in the end...i think it was dope.

TKurata - why can't this mf'er use myspace? still boycotting it i guess...

JINESIS - there was a VH1 Behind the Music about Jinesis on YouTube this week, it was fun stuff...lol. Weird intro. whoa nice drums!! would like to hear something different from your kicks, though. that is dope, man. Love the march feel to the kicks...are you gonna let them march for a while?...cmon do it! anyway it's a nice drum pattern. Some low frequency sound in there, blends well with the rest. It all sounds dope, man, it's gonna be hard to decide between you and Ren...damn you didn't let those kicks march on for a few bars that would have been dope...

Gotta go with...Ren. I think Jin's beat was very close but I am starting to hear this similarity in the tone of Jin's beats that is bothering me a little. Kind of hard to explain. Maybe it's those pitched down kicks, but I would like to hear something with a more upbeat vibe from you Jin.

Some good stuff this week i'm thinkin...I've been moving furniture all day and am ready to zone out for awhile...have a good weekend...

Peace-~

thanks for being real. but i gave my vote to ren.

thanks for the add.

lol

#56 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

How do you know your shit is the best if you didn't listen to the rest first?

By the way I've never seen anyone afraid of calling someone out for being wack on here...where da fuck you get that from?

#57 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

This is kinda tough, got a four way tie for my vote right now..might have to check back in later, got some work to do..

#58 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

TKurata-dope, but maybe it was to dark for me. mix and drums were thin.

word, thanks for the feed. I didn't have any time to mix or eq or anything before the deadline...

anyway ima go check out your beat since you ended up voting for someone other than yourself and gave some feed...

EDIT

dantelewis - Definitely a full sound. I had a slice like one of your horn chops but didn't use it. You did a good job with it. The crash at the change sounded dope. nice drums, but the vibes thing wasn't my style. it's a good beat but not as good as Jin or Ren...probably top five though. lol. peace.

#59 dantelewis

dantelewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

word, thanks for the feed. I didn't have any time to mix or eq or anything before the deadline...

anyway ima go check out your beat since you ended up voting for someone other than yourself and gave some feed...

yeah go get pro tools.

(peace)

#60 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

Jesus...

What A Way to get Back In the Game...
I Name the Fucking File Wrong. I Didn't Read the Rules... Posted the Link Wrong...

WTF

Yeah Jin If You Can Just Put a "T" At the End of My Link It Will Work

myspace.com/bumfrumtheuppercrust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users