32 replies to this topic

#31 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:28 AM

JINESIS - those drums sound too rigid to go with those free jazz chops. also sample chops sound muted and disconnect. you could have chopped those samples up better. there were plenty of more opportunities in the samples besides those free jazz bursts you used...
t!llman - beautiful man. my only real complaint is that really slinky bassline is kinda jacked up in the left channel. if you would have taken that right channel bassline and put in in the left channel it would have sounded better. otherwise though i love this beat, i would love to hear an mc over it.
Wig Master - great filer work. nice vox stabs/touches. is that bassline from the samples, with some fuzz filter or something? sounds good man. nice variation. i like it. congrats on the win!
funkyfunky* - no disrespect, but i did not like this beat. the sample loop is way too obvious and the drums sound very disconnected. no variation. sorry man.
P.I. - no numbered labels on your beats in myspace, i'm not gonna hunt around your player to try and find the samples. is it hard to put STMB55 somewhere on myspace? maybe you did and took it off cuz voting is over. lol @ animated pic on your myspace.
Garcia Vega - nice dark drums to start. the second loop kind ruined the vibe a little. i like the vibe for the beat, some nice little chops in there. not too bad, man, you did a good job with the samples...
_Aj - nice beat "underscore Aj" really nice piano chops. the pitched up vibe sounds great amongst the rest of these beats. My only complaint is that the keys are sitting a little too far back in the mix or something, a slight disconnect from the drums and bass. otherwise though--dope!!
LUK - bad link....no player on your myspace page?

1. t!llman
2. tie between Underscore AJ & The Yonamaster
3. Garcia Vega

sorry again for not voting...i felt pretty guilty until i saw the madness that is #56 thread, what the hell is going on over there?

peace-~

#32 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:55 AM

too kind, TK -- but thanks..!! highly appreciated..!!

yeah man - #56 is already a mess -- haha. oh well, at least I guess it means people have a bit of passion towards this which is a good thing...

#33 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:10 AM

tk- thanks. the bass is a moog bass from the AMG ExpansionPack for garageband
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users