52 replies to this topic

#31 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

why the fuck did i get a pm to tell me to vote, what the fuck.

sounds horrible ^_^

is that what's going on here? lol...wasn't me. of course i'm loving the turnout for sure. i wish we had this many votes every week, damn. highest beat to vote ratio ever?

#32 Machiventa

Machiventa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Love, Hugs, & Hip Hop Soul

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

nah it was jin but no worries at least it should get some traffic in here (and a few pissed heads), that's why i voted. at least he didn't say "vote for me", he just said we need more votes.

i always skipped the battle threads for some reason.

#33 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

nah it was jin but no worries at least it should get some traffic in here (and a few pissed heads), i always skipped the battle threads for some reason.

well dude it means a lot to have you voting, for real. much thanks for stopping by!!

#34 chillo

chillo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

TKurata

#35 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

OK HERE WE GO (SIGH)

DEGRILLZ - BAD SOUND QUALITY...BUT U KNOW THAT ALREADY. APPLUASE ISNT LOOPED WELL....DOESNT SOUND AUTHENTIC. DRUM PATTERN IS COOL. LIKE HOW U USED VARIOUS PARTS OF THE SAMPLE. HOW IS THE VOCAL SAMPLE RELEVANT??? ANOTHER WACK VOCAL SAMPLE

MATT PRECISE - THIS ONE GETS 1 STAR (OUT OF 5)ANOTHER ONE WITH THE IRREVELANT VOCAL SAMPLE. TOO MUCH OF THEM ALSO....HONESTLY THIS BEAT WAS GRADE A DOODII!!!

POTENCIA INCISIVE - INTROS A LIL TOO LONG. DRUM PATTERN'S COOL. DRUMS SOUND THICK AND THOROUGH. THE "OOO'S" WAS A GREAT ADDITON TO THE BEAT. THIS WAS MY FAVORITE

SUBBASE - MY MANS THINKS THIS IS THE BEST BEAT HERE.... NICE ALTERNATIVE FEEL...THIS ONE I CAN ACTUALLY SEE BEING A RECORD
TKURATA - DIDN'T REALLY FEEL THIS ONE FROM YOU.I HEARD BETTER..............

AJ - I GUESS HE THINKS THIS IS DOPE CAUSE HE SAMPLED BACKWARDS....WHEN SAMPLING BACKWARDS THE SOUND HAS TO BE ILL.......THIS WAS NOT ILL!!
I LIKE THE SNARE SOLO ON THE FOUR, THOUGH.

!!!!!!P.S.!!!! SOMETIME I FEEL ALOT OF YOU BEATMAKERS USE VOCAL SAMPLES TO COMPENSATE FOR A LAME BEAT..
HERES A REFERENCE OF A DOPE VOCAL SAMPLE
"SURVIVAL TEST" - JAYLIB

DO YALL MAKE BEATS TO BECOME RECORDS OR JUS TO MAKE BEATS... I SERIOUS WANT AN AWNSER TO THIS QUESTION PLEASE.

PEACE.

#36 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

thanks for the support. he had a kidney and 3 gallstones removed, but he's doing great.
should be out of the hospital on monday...

to grandmaster- i hope you were kidding about the bad samples ^_^ :)

#37 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

it's after the voting deadline and I just got back from my nieces' birthday party (who knew 7 and 5 year olds could party all night..?!?!) -- it looks like TK ran away with this week but I still figure I'd drop some feedback...

DERGILLZ - hmmmm, not terrible but not really feeling this. the thing is I can hear from this that you know how to do some nice chopping, but I just don't think what you chopped makes for a very good beat. I hate to continue the sample bashing, but I could tell with something better you could do something better...

JINESIS - from scanning the reviews earlier this seemed to have a very serious love/hate relationship, so I am excited to hear it...ok, I was all set to bash this baby at first -- but I'm all aboard right now...this is some crazy shit -- not exactly sure how you got all this from the samples but whatever if you did it you did it. WAAAAY outside the box, overall pretty good but not without it's issues. maybe a little too hectic/schizo and not really feeling that fart bass-drum -- but I can never hate on going for it -- and you definitely went for it on this one -- good work..!!

MATTICULOUS PRECISIONIST - haha - this sounds like a JINESIS beat..!! I definitely like this one, it's definitely got a lot of crazy shit going on but at the same time it feels completely understated -- like it doesn't need to flaunt so hard that it's about 6 dope mini-beats rolled into one -- the only thing is that I think the vocal samples are over done -- a little here and there would have been alright, but as is I think it's overkill...still love the music here..!!

POTENCIA INCISIVE - I don't know if any of the beats on your page are for this week's battle -- I didn't recognize any of the samples in any of those beats -- if it's up there and I missed it I am sorry, if not and you ever put it back up let me know and I will give it a listen...

SUBBASS49 - welcome back..!! liking this -- I know you said it wasn't hip-hop, but I beg to differ, those drums are pure hip-hop..!! I can totally picture some throwback breaking to this shit. quality beat for sure, though I am not in love with the snare there really isn't anything else to dislike -- and to top it off you used the 1st P.I. sample (major prop points..!!) -- oooh, abrupt ending hurts it -- but once again, great beat..!!

TKURATA a.k.a. Mr. Vote Thief -- hmmmmm, man gotta say all of this hype may have hurt -- I was expecting to hear something...well, more. this is good but well to be honest it wouldn't have received my vote. too straight forward, not exciting at all. there is stuff about it to like but it's a bit of a snoozer compared to the others. BUT once again, (maybe I will quit writing this as maybe it should just be assumed) the actual audio quality of you beat is the best so far..!! your shit is always mixed beautifully -- sorry to come down on your beat, but I saw how it stole the show before I actually heard it, I guess I was just expecting more...

AJ - first off, while the sampled kick and snare are all well and good, I don't like the high-hats that are included -- I know there was nothing you could do about that but well, it just doesn't work for me -- now, as for the rest of the beat I actually really like it a lot..!! damn, this shit is over so quick -- makes me think that I should have done the same with what I came up with -- just kill what little bit I had quick. this has to be one of the few cases where short works pretty well -- this isn't even an interlude but it's like one of those tag-beats that are all over the JAYLIB album -- but I really do like it a lot...

there you have it -- hearing these make me wanna go back and work on what I had going from this week again..!!

love the voter turn out -- much praise to all those who came through to vote that didn't submit a beat -- your participation is greatly appreciated -- ok, I'm jazzed gonna fuck around with these samples again...

TK, hit us with something lovely to work with this week..!!

#38 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Hey this feedback was way more harsh last time I checked...thanks for softening the blow! :)

TKURATA a.k.a. Mr. Vote Thief -- hmmmmm, man gotta say all of this hype may have hurt -- I was expecting to hear something...well, more. this is good but well to be honest it wouldn't have received my vote. too straight forward, not exciting at all. there is stuff about it to like but it's a bit of a snoozer compared to the others. BUT once again, (maybe I will quit writing this as maybe it should just be assumed) the actual audio quality of you beat is the best so far..!! your shit is always mixed beautifully -- sorry to come down on your beat, but I saw how it stole the show before I actually heard it, I guess I was just expecting more...

LOL...yeah I know it's nothing great...I put all my time into the bassline and people seemed to like that. the drums sound pretty corny...I'll probably do a redux and dirty up the drums and find a different snare sound. I'm usually too lazy to spend much time "tricking out" the beat as you put it. Oh and t!llman I never tire of hearing the "mix" praise...lol thanks man.

Let the TKurata backlash begin! LOL...11 votes, wow...i'm honored. Thanks very much. I'll be sure to post a sample early tomorrow. I've got some 2001-era midi ringtones that are gonna set this bitch on fire!

Oh and JINESIS...I am definitely in this to become a recod...i think. ^_^

Wigs I'm glad your dad is ok.

THANKS for all the feedback also, much appreciated!

#39 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

sounds horrible :huh:

is that what's going on here? lol...wasn't me. of course i'm loving the turnout for sure. i wish we had this many votes every week, damn. highest beat to vote ratio ever?

THE NEW VOTES CAME FROM ME LOL WHOEVER I SAW IN THREAD I TOLD TO GO VOTE

#40 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

it's after the voting deadline and I just got back from my nieces' birthday party (who knew 7 and 5 year olds could party all night..?!?!) -- it looks like TK ran away with this week but I still figure I'd drop some feedback...

DERGILLZ - hmmmm, not terrible but not really feeling this. the thing is I can hear from this that you know how to do some nice chopping, but I just don't think what you chopped makes for a very good beat. I hate to continue the sample bashing, but I could tell with something better you could do something better...

JINESIS - from scanning the reviews earlier this seemed to have a very serious love/hate relationship, so I am excited to hear it...ok, I was all set to bash this baby at first -- but I'm all aboard right now...this is some crazy shit -- not exactly sure how you got all this from the samples but whatever if you did it you did it. WAAAAY outside the box, overall pretty good but not without it's issues. maybe a little too hectic/schizo and not really feeling that fart bass-drum -- but I can never hate on going for it -- and you definitely went for it on this one -- good work..!!

MATTICULOUS PRECISIONIST - haha - this sounds like a JINESIS beat..!! I definitely like this one, it's definitely got a lot of crazy shit going on but at the same time it feels completely understated -- like it doesn't need to flaunt so hard that it's about 6 dope mini-beats rolled into one -- the only thing is that I think the vocal samples are over done -- a little here and there would have been alright, but as is I think it's overkill...still love the music here..!!

POTENCIA INCISIVE - I don't know if any of the beats on your page are for this week's battle -- I didn't recognize any of the samples in any of those beats -- if it's up there and I missed it I am sorry, if not and you ever put it back up let me know and I will give it a listen...

SUBBASS49 - welcome back..!! liking this -- I know you said it wasn't hip-hop, but I beg to differ, those drums are pure hip-hop..!! I can totally picture some throwback breaking to this shit. quality beat for sure, though I am not in love with the snare there really isn't anything else to dislike -- and to top it off you used the 1st P.I. sample (major prop points..!!) -- oooh, abrupt ending hurts it -- but once again, great beat..!!

AJ - first off, while the sampled kick and snare are all well and good, I don't like the high-hats that are included -- I know there was nothing you could do about that but well, it just doesn't work for me -- now, as for the rest of the beat I actually really like it a lot..!! damn, this shit is over so quick -- makes me think that I should have done the same with what I came up with -- just kill what little bit I had quick. this has to be one of the few cases where short works pretty well -- this isn't even an interlude but it's like one of those tag-beats that are all over the JAYLIB album -- but I really do like it a lot...

there you have it -- hearing these make me wanna go back and work on what I had going from this week again..!!

love the voter turn out -- much praise to all those who came through to vote that didn't submit a beat -- your participation is greatly appreciated -- ok, I'm jazzed gonna fuck around with these samples again...

I WAS WAITING ON YOUR VOTE

#41 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

sounds horrible :huh:

LMAO IT WAS ME

#42 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:37 PM

dergillz - i like the chopping alot. you did a pretty good good with the sample...that crowd noise kind of works...maybe once or twice only though. drums are heavy and nicely chopped. good shit. not wack.

JINESIS - this beat is insane! whoa... i like the counter rhythm but i feel like it's mixed in a liitte too high. i like the second part where you took a midi sample i'm guessing and made it sound pretty dope with that stretchin. that kick is madness. i'd like to hear this is my car in the red. def not wack.

Matt P - my first thought is that you are relying to much on vox....the drum pattern is pretty cool. does sound a tad muffled. this is nice and organic, keeps changing...nice. second part...sounds like a spy theme almost. I like it, though you should eq this for sure...this third or fourth beat, the house thing...lol. i think you should have ended...ok maybe not the last part is pretty cool. is that the same as the first part?that was more like five beats there! :huh: not wack.

Pot Inci - uh full metal jacket samples...so played out man. no offense. i've been out of high school too long maybe! the beat sounds pretty heavy...can't hear it too well over the drill sergeant. sounds like a nice melody goin on. you did a pretty good job with the sample...although maybe it needs to be eq'd a little. sounds like you had to filter the sample alot to get a good sound, maybe. not wack.

SubBass - lovin the intro...nice distorted samples...i'm thinking i know why you distorted everything. shit sounds pretty crazy! def sounds like an 8 bit video game remix. it's good to hear your sound again. i think the samples are too high in the mix...the drums are a little out of focus. not wack.

_Aj - beginning sounds like the player was skipping. i like the drums, although a little velocity variety might have helped. i really like the sound of this beat, although I feel like the keys part needed a counter melody or something, a little robotic or one-finger-piano-player feeling. damn i just want to quickly say the next beat sentimental journey sounds great, but you need to stick some of that fat bassline into the right channel! - ok back to the battle beat - wish it were longer. the backwards background stuff seems to work pretty damn well although i would have liked to have heard a change in that every 4 or so. nice cohesive sound! not wack.

Pretty easy choice for me, Master JINESIS made me stand up when I heard some of that nasty counter beat go lockstep with the samples...dope!!!! that elephant sounding horn...I tried doing a similar thing a few weeks ago and you showed me how it's done right.

whoa even more voters! lovin all the votes from old-timers on the board, much respect!! and thanks for all the votes!

I JUST GOT MY EFFECT BOARD INSTALLED SO I AM LEARN HOW TO USE IT AND THANKS.

P.S I CAN BE TUFF SOMETIMES

#43 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

my vote goes for TKurata... every beat was nice but this one really caught my atention from the get go...

so yeah TKurata

#44 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:10 AM

man i haven't taken part in the battles in a minute, bit of a shame really since i used to be take part every week.

too busy picking up women a' la dan smith with your "i'm on a record label" line...:)...naw man you should come back. thanks for the vote.

TKURATA- NIZE WORK WITH MATT PRECIZE SAMPLE... VERY CLEAN BUT DIRTY AT SAME TIME... WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HEARD ELEMENTS OF ALL SAMPLE SONGS IN THIER...BUT..... NIZE WORK THOUGH...
8/10
WILL BE FORGOTTEN....

yeah wasn't gonna ruin the vibe of my beat with the 8 bit orchestra...i thought we covered this. hey that 8/10 is a big jump from the crushing 3/10 i got last week...lol.

thanks for your comment but you should listen to donuts again and again lmao

don't really know exactly why sugoi in particular should do this but really we all should and probably do already?

i vote tkurata

thanks patch your ma dukes/phil collins vid post is still post of the year...

LOL thanks for hustling up all those votes, even though you probably pissed off a lot of people. it worked though! :huh:

ok i think that's it cya in da morning with a sample or two...

#45 dergillz

dergillz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:MPC 2000 XL + Dirty Vinyl = Heaven

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:56 AM

Thanks again for some more feedback

JINESIS ... to answer your question. With this beat, i was making a beat just to make a beat. How is the vocal sample relevent? It's not really, except for everyone was hatin on the sample and that entire speech is amazing, but I liked what he said about "Only the unloved hate, the unloved and the unpure." I guess I added that part due to all the hating on the sample. The more I listened to my beat the more i didn't like it. I do that to all my beats though haha.

Thanks again for the feed. Peace.

#46 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:36 AM

I think it's great that you (and I think I saw that P.I.) were out asking people to check out the voting thread..!! if you piss off a few people, well it sucks that anyone got pissed off, but it brought in a lot of voters -- way more than we've seen in recent weeks -- so thanks guy(s)..!!

#47 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:38 AM

i'm off to set up thread #55...give me about 20 min.

#48 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

Battle #55 thread is up and running...ready set go. Round 55.

#49 matticulous precisionist

matticulous precisionist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:31 AM

yeah it was rushed i aint gonna lie wich is why i just recorded trading places over it hehe ...lazy? yes , but my cpu was over heating to about 75 celsius and shutting off every ten minutes so i did what i could with the lil 10 minutes sourts and that what cam eout lol
but now im all good computer running amazing !!
beat should be a lil better

#50 matticulous precisionist

matticulous precisionist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:46 AM

OK HERE WE GO (SIGH)

DEGRILLZ - BAD SOUND QUALITY...BUT U KNOW THAT ALREADY. APPLUASE ISNT LOOPED WELL....DOESNT SOUND AUTHENTIC. DRUM PATTERN IS COOL. LIKE HOW U USED VARIOUS PARTS OF THE SAMPLE. HOW IS THE VOCAL SAMPLE RELEVANT??? ANOTHER WACK VOCAL SAMPLE

MATT PRECISE - THIS ONE GETS 1 STAR (OUT OF 5)ANOTHER ONE WITH THE IRREVELANT VOCAL SAMPLE. TOO MUCH OF THEM ALSO....HONESTLY THIS BEAT WAS GRADE A DOODII!!!

POTENCIA INCISIVE - INTROS A LIL TOO LONG. DRUM PATTERN'S COOL. DRUMS SOUND THICK AND THOROUGH. THE "OOO'S" WAS A GREAT ADDITON TO THE BEAT. THIS WAS MY FAVORITE

SUBBASE - MY MANS THINKS THIS IS THE BEST BEAT HERE.... NICE ALTERNATIVE FEEL...THIS ONE I CAN ACTUALLY SEE BEING A RECORD

AJ - I GUESS HE THINKS THIS IS DOPE CAUSE HE SAMPLED BACKWARDS....WHEN SAMPLING BACKWARDS THE SOUND HAS TO BE ILL.......THIS WAS NOT ILL!!
I LIKE THE SNARE SOLO ON THE FOUR, THOUGH.

!!!!!!P.S.!!!! SOMETIME I FEEL ALOT OF YOU BEATMAKERS USE VOCAL SAMPLES TO COMPENSATE FOR A LAME BEAT..
HERES A REFERENCE OF A DOPE VOCAL SAMPLE
"SURVIVAL TEST" - JAYLIB

DO YALL MAKE BEATS TO BECOME RECORDS OR JUS TO MAKE BEATS... I SERIOUS WANT AN AWNSER TO THIS QUESTION PLEASE.

PEACE.

like a bank shot that you didnt call and people at the park get all pissy about ill take it all day son!!!! dont leave me open ill drain on ya like that reminiscent of detlef schrempf!!!! holla !!! hehe :mellow:

and to answer your question i make beats for my grandma to smoke that beautifl cali weed too :mellow:

#51 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:50 AM

LOL...yeah I know it's nothing great...I put all my time into the bassline and people seemed to like that. the drums sound pretty corny...I'll probably do a redux and dirty up the drums and find a different snare sound. I'm usually too lazy to spend much time "tricking out" the beat as you put it. Oh and t!llman I never tire of hearing the "mix" praise...lol thanks man.

I really didn't want it to sound negative -- I liked it and I'm not surprised it received votes, but it wouldn't have got mine -- honestly it would have been for either Sub (super enjoyable listen), JIN (biggest balls) or matt (most creative) -- though I am not sure who would be the obtuse (or at least right) angle in that one...

#52 matticulous precisionist

matticulous precisionist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:53 AM

like a bank shot that you didnt call and people at the park get all pissy about ill take it all day son!!!! dont leave me open ill drain on ya like that reminiscent of detlef schrempf!!!! holla !!! hehe :mellow:

and to answer your question i make beats for my grandma to smoke that beautifl cali weed too :lol:

oh and for my people to be free .. :mellow:

#53 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

like a bank shot that you didnt call and people at the park get all pissy about ill take it all day son!!!! dont leave me open ill drain on ya like that reminiscent of detlef schrempf!!!! holla !!! hehe <_<

and to answer your question i make beats for my grandma to smoke that beautifl cali weed too ;)

YEAH RIGHT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users