120 replies to this topic

#1 POTENCIA INCISIVE

POTENCIA INCISIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

NEW SAMPLE FOR ALL KIDZ WHO DIDNT GET THIER CHRISTMAS GIFT THEY WANTED....

LETS GO....STOP BITCHIN ABOUT THE SAMPLES AND MAKE SUM MUSIC... :)

SAVE FILE FIRST, THEN PLAY IT...

MUCH RESPECTZ TO ALL THIS WEEK. GO HARD...

STMB BATTLE 54 SAMPLE.mp3

RULES:

1. You can sample as many or as few of the sample songs as you want, no restrictions.
2. Limited outside synths, vocals, scratches are ok. The focus should be on the sample
3. Drums wide open, outside drums ok.
4. Submit your beat starting Thursday evening through Friday 1200 Midnight EST
5. Voting begins Saturday morning through Saturday 1200 Midnight EST
6. Competition wide open for newcomers.

#2 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Watching the A-Team.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

Wow, I feel so blessed.

#3 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

mmm hmmm...

#4 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

I feel like I just beat a videogame listening to this song -- haha

#5 Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

I feel like I just beat a videogame listening to this song -- haha

too true. a clean cd sample, um, what cd is this on, warcraft installation disc #2? i mean... if i want to make a corny midi beat, i don't need to sample some corny midi song, i can compose my own corny midi beat.

potencia incisive, i liked your beat, i can tell you have taste... i can't tell if your arrogance here is tongue in cheek or not, but either way, consider showing your respect for the producers by dropping a real sample. it doesn't have to be the best in your vault, you don't even have to say what it is, but seriously, this song kinda sucks, no disrespect to you...

#6 le starks

le starks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:33 PM

warcraft installation disc #2?

hahahh

sursly tho, i agrees my uncle here...

u cant sacrifice one descent track from yo "underground vault"? how many records u holdin? 3? this trk is garbage man get outta here

#7 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

LMAO THERE IS NO SAMPLE THAT I CANT TOUCH MR POTENCIA INCISIVE YOU GUYS TAKE IT EASY(SAMPLE SOUNDS LIKE A CONAN MOVIE

#8 khanedeliac

khanedeliac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:48 AM

Sorry, but that sample is bullshit. Ever heard the expression that polishing a turd only creates a shiny turd?
Deliberately stating that you are not using something you consider good is basically an insult to the rest of the people in the beat battle; and this sample is primetime assgrease.

And no one really knows whether you are serious about not "sharing" your "sounds", but if you are then what the fuck, man? Have you seen ANYONE else come on this and go "Im not sharing my good shit"? Besides, whats to say that a bunch of people here arent already up on the wax you have?

If it was tongue-in-cheek then it was borderline funny, if it wasnt then Im pretty sure it aint gonna be appreciated by the good folk here.

And you wont be able to keep your imaginary title belt unless people vote for your beat, so maybe pissing people off will have a negative effect on that...just something to consider.

#9 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:33 AM

never drink and type is the lesson learned here

#10 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:40 AM

I feel like cueing up that "Tribute to Dan Smith" track right about now...

(chirp-chirp, chirp-chirp...)

#11 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:47 AM

SEE AFTER ALL THE SHIT YOU PEOPLE BE TALKING, IMA HAVE TO POST A NEW SAMPLE FROM THE VAULTS....

YOU ALL SOUNDED LIKE LIL KIDS WHO DIDNT GET THIER GIFT THEY WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS.... WAHHH WAHHH :(

NEW SAMPLE WILL BE UP SOON....

NOW IM PISSED OFF...., ;) IN A GOOD WAY

REAL PRODUCERS WORK WITH ANYTHING, BUT ITS OK....ALL RESPECT AND FUN

GIMME AN HOUR TO DIG....

to be honest, I thought the sample was pretty goofy, but I also feel that it may not be the worst thing to try to work on something that you would normally NEVER work with -- remember Potencia HAS to use this sample as well, so no one is at an advantage aside from their own skill, technique and ears...

also remember, we had a two-way tie -- Matt still needs to post a sample -- maybe what Potencia posted would be more useful once we hear the second sample..?? (POST THAT SHIT, MATT..!!)

still I haven't listened to it since last night -- maybe if I listened again I would feel differently...

but to be honest as well, Potencia, my first impression of the song was that it was fairly un-usable -- especially after being told we've been blessed...haha

#12 matticulous precisionist

matticulous precisionist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:09 AM

SORRY FELLAS FOR THE LAG OF ALL LAGS!!!! HAHAH LONG DAY YESTERDAY AND NO COMPUTER AROUND ME SO COULD GET TO YOU ALL BUT I GOT SOMETHING NICE ( OR AT LEAST I FEEL IT IS HOPEFULLY DONT GET FLACK LIKE ROBERTA HAHA LIKE POENCIA DID HAHA JK IF I DO OHWELL ITS ALL GREATNESS

track 01.mp3 - 2.96MB
PHIL RANELIN - VIBES FROM THE TRIBES

#13 matticulous precisionist

matticulous precisionist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:15 AM

to be honest, I thought the sample was pretty goofy, but I also feel that it may not be the worst thing to try to work on something that you would normally NEVER work with -- remember Potencia HAS to use this sample as well, so no one is at an advantage aside from their own skill, technique and ears...

also remember, we had a two-way tie -- Matt still needs to post a sample -- maybe what Potencia posted would be more useful once we hear the second sample..?? (POST THAT SHIT, MATT..!!)

still I haven't listened to it since last night -- maybe if I listened again I would feel differently...

but to be honest as well, Potencia, my first impression of the song was that it was fairly un-usable -- especially after being told we've been blessed...haha

posted like shaq in pheonix!!!

#14 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:49 AM

danke schoen..!!

#15 sugoisounds

sugoisounds

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts
  • Soundcloud:sugoisounds

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:44 AM

LETS GO....STOP BITCHIN ABOUT THE SAMPLES AND MAKE SUM MUSIC... :P

@ P.I

please be honest. do you really mean what you say about respect? are you honestly trying to challenge people musically or are you not willing to share?

Checking out your myspace, this isn't the kind of thing you sample. if you look at someone like mr dibiase, he does sample NES games and does it really well.

something like 8 beats & 8 voters for 52 & 53 and you making the effort to re-post something that's basically the same as the first post seems like a way of saying 'fuck you' to people that criticized it. don't take it personal....

if you're really stuck google dust2dust

#16 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

something like 8 beats & 8 voters for 52 & 53 and you making the effort to re-post something that's basically the same as the first post seems like a way of saying 'fuck you' to people that criticized it. don't take it personal....

Sugoi, are you saying that you think the new sample P.I. posted is basically the same as the first..?? if so I am not sure I agree with that (though I just quickly scanned the song) but it seemed better...

STILL - what I don't like even with this new sample is all the synthetic sounds..!! like to me it seems just about everything on this song was done on a keyboard not done with the actual instruments (I could be 100% wrong) -- but to me both samples lacked the soul that real instruments produce...

I haven't checked out MATT's sample yet...

P.I., I really don't think anyone means any disrespect, at least I certainly know I do not, but for whatever reason there has been a solid drop-off of interest in the beat-battles over the past few weeks (I remember in Battle #47 or #48 there were something like 12 - 15 beats in one week..!!) not that it's on you or any of the winners to "Save The Battles", but if you put some shit up that was really sweet it could help bring some interest back in here...

just some thoughts...

#17 quasquasquas

quasquasquas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:26 AM

LETS GO....STOP BITCHIN ABOUT THE SAMPLES AND MAKE SUM MUSIC... :P

SAVE FILE FIRST, THEN PLAY IT...

STMB BATTLE 54 SAMPLE.mp3

stop being a cockmaster..

#18 POTENCIA INCISIVE

POTENCIA INCISIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:28 AM

DAMN, WHY ARE U ALL COMPLAINING...

I HAVE NO SPECIFIC STYLE OR RECORDS I SAMPLE.... IT IS WHAT IT IS....

ANYTHING I HEAR AND LIKE I MAKE A BEAT OUT OF... IF THE BATTLES SEEM TO BE FALLING OFF, I KNOW IT ISNT MY FAULT CAUSE I COME HARD EVERYTIME... (ONLY BEEN IN 2 SO FAR......)

FOR SOME REASON THIS IS CALLED A BATTLE.... RIGHT ???

ITS NOT CALLED GIVE ME THE PERFECT UNIQUE SAMPLE JUST FOR YOU.....

WORK WITH WHAT U HAVE.... DISPLAY UR STYLE AND SKILLZ OF CHOPPING AND SLICING....

THATS WHAT PRODUCERS DO....

#19 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:47 AM

I HAVE NO SPECIFIC STYLE OR RECORDS I SAMPLE.... IT IS WHAT IT IS....

ANYTHING I HEAR AND LIKE I MAKE A BEAT OUT OF... IF THE BATTLES SEEM TO BE FALLING OFF, I KNOW IT ISNT MY FAULT CAUSE I COME HARD EVERYTIME... (ONLY BEEN IN 2 SO FAR......)

FOR SOME REASON THIS IS CALLED A BATTLE.... RIGHT ???

ITS NOT CALLED GIVE ME THE PERFECT UNIQUE SAMPLE JUST FOR YOU.....

WORK WITH WHAT U HAVE.... DISPLAY UR STYLE AND SKILLZ OF CHOPPING AND SLICING....

THATS WHAT PRODUCERS DO....

I pretty much agree 100% percent with this statement (as I pretty much said it myself earlier today)

BUT

you also basically said in the (original) first post that we weren't entitled your private stock of dope records and that we were getting something less -- kinda like how you don't feed the dog the delicious meal -- but toss it some scraps.

if you just posted the sample people probably still would have raged against it -- but to also say that you have STACKS of great records that you're not sharing -- well, I can see why people are a little peeved.

there is a part of me which agrees with you -- but there is a part of me which agrees with everyone else. I mean think of it logically, the better the sample the more eager everyone will be to kill it -- this isn't our job, we're doing it for fun and to learn -- no one wants it to be a chore...

#20 POTENCIA INCISIVE

POTENCIA INCISIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

I pretty much agree 100% percent with this statement (as I pretty much said it myself earlier today)

BUT

you also basically said in the (original) first post that we weren't entitled your private stock of dope records and that we were getting something less -- kinda like how you don't feed the dog the delicious meal -- but toss it some scraps.

if you just posted the sample people probably would have raged against it -- but to also say that you have STACKS of great records that you're not sharing -- well, I can see why people are a little peeved.

there is a part of me which agrees with you -- but there is a part of me which agrees with everyone else. I mean think of it logically, the better the sample the more eager everyone will be to kill it -- this isn't our job, we're doing it for fun and to learn -- no one wants it to be a chore...

I AGREE, I MEAN UNDERSTAND MY SIDE.... YEA I GOT A UNIQUE STASH OF RECORDS WITH SOME PURE FIRE SAMPLES, BUT REMEMBER AS WELL I SELL BEATS AND NEED TO EAT OFF THAT...

THE FIRE WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE VAULT,

MAYBE WHEN I GET MORE FAMILIAR WITH THIS BOARD AND SOME PEOPLE, THE TIME WILL COME...

FOR NOW JUST HAVE FUN AND MAKE SOME TRACKS PEOPLE....BATTLE HARD WITH WHAT U HAVE FOR THE TIME BEING...

THINK OF THE LOGIC,

"DOES A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE TOSS YOU 100,000 DOLLARS A WEEK JUST BECAUSE HE CAN OR DOES HE INVEST IT WISELY...."

SAME LOGIC APPLIES TO RECORDS AND DIGGIN....

AND I NEVER TOSS SCRAPS TO PEOPLE, COME ON LISTEN TO WHAT I POSTED CAREFULLY... THERE ARE SUM SICK SOUNDS TO WORK WITH... :P

#21 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:23 AM

cool man...I hear ya -- and like I said from the beginning I am pretty much with ya...

ok, I am gonna do my best to stop beating this horse (though sometimes I can't help myself - haha)

I'm also gonna do my best to work with what we got -- hell, I still plan on using P.I.'s first sample if I can make it work..!! It just bums me out to see all the backlash, overall it's not good for the (admittedly meaningless) battles...

Plus, there's always matticulous' Sample

good luck everyone..!!

#22 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:33 AM

track 01.mp3 - 2.96MB

quickly checked -- sounds like some nice clean drum hits in here -- nice..!!

#23 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:39 AM

cos yer caps lock is broken :P

#24 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

SORRY FELLAS FOR THE LAG OF ALL LAGS!!!! HAHAH LONG DAY YESTERDAY AND NO COMPUTER AROUND ME SO COULD GET TO YOU ALL BUT I GOT SOMETHING NICE ( OR AT LEAST I FEEL IT IS HOPEFULLY DONT GET FLACK LIKE ROBERTA HAHA LIKE POENCIA DID HAHA JK IF I DO OHWELL ITS ALL GREATNESS

track 01.mp3 - 2.96MB

yo matt, is the track you posted supposed to end that abruptly or did it get cut short..??

#25 POTENCIA INCISIVE

POTENCIA INCISIVE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

cos yer caps lock is broken :mellow:

GLAD YOU NOTICED THAT... "SMALL CAPZ..." <_<

#26 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

GLAD YOU NOTICED THAT... "SMALL CAPZ..." <_<

does it help you make better beats or is that a secret to?

#27 matticulous precisionist

matticulous precisionist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

yo matt, is the track you posted supposed to end that abruptly or did it get cut short..??

yeah i barley noticed that might have sent the wrong one comp has been tripping ill chek it out right now

#28 matticulous precisionist

matticulous precisionist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

yeah it does but theres only a few more seconds of it and it goes into another song dont know how it got cut but it did sorry
and yes theres some nice drums for everyone to enjoy!!! :mellow:

happy hannukah to all! <_<

#29 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

2 cents:

1) no reason to complain about a sample. the record doesn't make the beat--YOU do!

2) no reason to hoard samples (even if you're getting money for beats). the record doesn't make the beat--YOU do!

#30 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

yeah it does but theres only a few more seconds of it and it goes into another song dont know how it got cut but it did sorry
and yes theres some nice drums for everyone to enjoy!!! :mellow:

happy hannukah to all! <_<

HAHA - as long as nothing major is missing it's all good -- thanks for clearing it up..!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users