TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:36 AM

Let's do this:

RULES:

Normally we vote all day Saturday until Midnight when the winner is decided. #50 is different, but I guess we proceed as usual until someone has a better idea. Voting is until MIDNIGHT 12:00 US Eastern Standard Time. Leave your vote and feedback in the thread below, and vote in red and then bold for easier tallying. ANYONE CAN VOTE. Provided you have been around these boards for more than two weeks you do not have to submit a beat to vote. Feedback is not required for voting but is highly appreciated.

Please take the time to leave feedback for each beat. Especially for this week's battle...we are going to compile these tracks into an album to celebrate Battle #50. So if you hear something you don't like, tell us about it and we could potentially change it. I don't see it as selling out our style---it's a very small nucleus of people on here with serious good taste, not like some rubbish focus group--let's make this album bang! Also, let's continue to take submissions throughout the week for the album, eh? Right now we are at 12 tracks...which is not much of a longplayer...it's close!

IDEAS:

We need some ideas for the final album. Album names, artwork, interludes, etc. I had this crazy idea that I could compile the tracks (after a tracklist is agreed upon) and chop each track in half right down the middle. Then I could parcel out two sections in "kits" to anyone who is interested is mixing the the tracks together. Example...let's say SubBass wants to mix/fade/blend track 1 into track 2. He would then get the second half of track 1 and the first half of track two. Take the time to do a dope transition, then send back to me as one track. Then all I have to do is stick them all end to end...is that crazy or what? Even if you didn't make a beat you could help with this.

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BEAT (FOR THE HELL OF IT)

t!llman
Bill Collector
Trenchant
jayred
JINESIS
_Aj
2 Mello
theyoungelohim9
SubBass49
chillo
TKurata
The Wig Master

Ok there ya go...I think we did pretty good for this week considering STMB cooked this up less than a week ago.

Check ya links! Feedback!

#2 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

good beats this week...nothing crazy

t!llman- kinda sounds like a kanye beat, but the snare sounds off for some reason. a little stiff, but nice arrangements

Bill Collector- dope. this is a great 9th wonder beat but with more distorted drums. i love it

Trenchant- cool stuff, but where's the bassline?

jayred- some dark beatminers type ish. i'd make the kick pattern sloppier though

JINESIS- dope--slopped it up a bit i see. might wanna change some of those out of tune guitar sounding samples and chill with the stuttered hook a little bit. good stuff though

_Aj- i love the snare/clap and maracas. not crazy about the hi hats or some of the vocal samples (the "you" chop, for example sounds out of tune with the beat while the "girl" sample fits nicely.) i like all the instrumental samples though

2 Mello- pretty mello ...maybe a little '2 mello'? ;)

theyoungelohim9- i like it, but same thing i said for jayred--i would slop up the kick a bit so it sounds a little less quantized

SubBass49- sounds like a live band. i'd maybe extend the kick reverb so its a little more natural sounding

chillo- cool. overall mix sounds a little muffled though

TKurata- dope and dirty. dirty ass drums as usual. choppy

i really wanna give it to JIN but the out of tune guitar parts and stutter overload kinda confused me.
bill C gets it. great beat this week

#3 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:02 PM

Bill Collector - nice job, this has that classic hip-hop sound to it -- yeah, gotta say you did a fantastic job on this one -- I think it should def make the cut..!!

Trenchant - was this done with a Steely Dan track..?? I think I remember reading that it was something you submitted before, correct..?? anyway, it's definitely a nice little slice. it's pretty compact so there isn't too much to say about it, but it sounded good while it lasted.

jayred - I really like this loop, just for the length of the track a little more variety would have been nice. If you wanna keep it as is then just trim it down a little -- but I really do like it, sounds like it a nice beat to slap some acapellas over or some freestyles. nice work, I just would like to hear a change in there...

JINESIS - well I have to give you credit on this one, you definitely put together something pretty interesting here.. this shit is pretty nasty sounding, some of it is a little off putting but at the same time I am 100% for it. the only thing that I may complain about are the vocal drops (are those cut from the SD song..??), but it's a petty complaint at best. good work..!!

_Aj - damn this beat is chilled out..not sure about the repeating vocal part (don't know how to describe it), anyway it's maybe a little long..?? but overall it's a nice beat..

2 Mello - another chill beat..can't say I don't like it..!! anyway this is pretty nice, really sounds good levels are nice, instruments sound nice -- like the little breakdown in there. yeah man, this is another one which should make the cut..!!

theyoungelohim9 - another one that sounds really good..!! pretty much the one loop but it's a nice one..the vocals are there but honestly not paying much attention -- but it adds to the track.. it was pretty good, a little more variety would really knock it up a notch...

SubBass49 - maybe a little long with the intro. the drums sound spectacular..!! you know I was just about to type on an on about how this really sounded bare without a high hat or ride or something and wham -- there it is (and a whole lot more) -- wow that was really nice..!! I think you mentioned that it was pretty loop heavy (or something like that) but whatever, this is a class act beat..but I don't think it should make the cd..ha ha just kidding -- great work

(PS: just a heads up -- there's a chunk of dead space and then it goes back to the main loop at the end of the track -- no big deal, but something you may just want to clean up.)

chillo - compared to all of the others this beat has almost a dancy vibe to it, much more uptempo and very busy drums. the ending comes up on you pretty abruptly but still it's pretty good overall -- Oooooh Yeah

TKurata - man, there are a few head-fucky beats this week -- I swear this should be the soundtrack to some kind of drunk elephant cartoon or whatever..anyway while I like it, it kinda strikes me (and I hate to say it) as a little bit of a novilty. I dunno, could be wrong -- like I said I do like it -- but in a goofy kinda way..

The Wig Master - this sounds like a SubBass beat to me - ha ha.. nah, but this is probably the most straight forward (if that's the right phrase to use) beat that I've heard from you.. pretty straight forward with the loop but the little touches throughout go a pretty long way -- if the beat were a little longer and had more of a change maybe..?? otherwise it's good man, I just think I know you can beef this one up a little more - ha ha

#4 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:09 PM

my vote goes to JINESIS for his daring robbery of battle #50...

#5 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

t!llman - really great sound here. I'm gonna start off by saying that I don't really want to hear Steely Dan loops in any beat, so to be completely honest I'm not going to be a huge fan of some of these. The craftsmanship is great, although the loops are just cycling with not much variation. if you could maybe use smaller loops sometimes within the main loops it would have made it more interesting to me. Otherwise though it sounds GREAT. Perfectly mixed down...and I like it more than most upbeat tracks like it...

Bill Collector - whoa man. this is probably going to win...sweet sounds. Everything sounds great in the mix. Again it's heavily loop based in the beginning... I don't really know the sample you picked but it sounds like you have great instinct as to where the melody goes...nothing really seems excessive. ok enuf praise damn that's hot!

Trenchant - very basic little track. the bass hits nice and hard...it's smooth man. will be a nice little 'lude.

jayred - points deducted for naked SD in the intro...seems a little quiet. Nice and moody. You hid the SD sound so well in the beat why'd ya open with that? haha. anyway the sounds I can't ID sound good for the beat. I like it man...

JINESIS - damn dude this beat is nuts. crazy high energy...i love what you chopped up, even though the melody is a little random, i still like it. when the beat starts to swing it's all good...nice off kilter ish...oh wait until the stutter edit thing...not really a fan of that. I like the overall sound, unique.

_Aj - cool laid back drums and vibe...smooth. that loop is a little boring...throwin in some vox drops...sounds good til you go overboard. The loops seems a little lost in the beat, maybe that's what you were goin for. it's got a nice overall feel to, just wasn't entirely feelin the samples. i like the piano work.

2 Mello - the first time i heard this I thought it was a little boring...2nd time I was feelin a pete rock vibe. third time...lovin it. nice and smooth, laid back. starts to get repetitive. when you throw down the atmosphere thing its really effective. this would sound dope with an mc over it.

theyoungelohim9 - Really cool sounds coming together here! vox samples are distracting. that piano sounds good in there...your recent stuff sounds fantastic, really focused. I wish the vox were outta the mix...not much variation here, but the beats sounds really good.

SubBass49 - so....basically a SD remix here. I guess this would be a good track for the album, since it's SD and all. Not much I can say about
this one, I'm not a fan of the direction you took at all. no disrespect, I know you were strapped for time. videos are cool.

chillo - bizarre sounds to lead this off. I'm gonna start it over and try to figure what you are doing there...shit gotta turn it up a little. just a smear of reverb'd loops...the kicks sound a little random at first. I like when the muddyness clears up. it's a strange sounding beat. just sounds like it needs a little air. points for uniqueness. the "oh yeah" thing is maybe not suited for this style of beat?

The Wig Master - the only complaint I have about the beat pretty much applies to most of your beats...seems like you have a set method, especially for the drum patterns. I would like to hear something that sounds a little different. I think the other beat you did this week pretty much fits that bill (meaning I thought it was dope) Nice bassline as always, it sounds great.

Back with a vote later...I might single handedly choose the victor this week cuz it seems like NOBODY is voting.

#6 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:13 PM

TKurata - man, there are a few head-fucky beats this week -- I swear this should be the soundtrack to some kind of drunk elephant cartoon or whatever..anyway while I like it, it kinda strikes me (and I hate to say it) as a little bit of a novilty. I dunno, could be wrong -- like I said I do like it -- but in a goofy kinda way..

LOL...thanks for being honest it was a little experimental for me. I get the drunk elephant thing, I'm very much ok with that feel for this one! What would you recommend to rid the track of it's novelty feel?

#7 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

LOL...thanks for being honest it was a little experimental for me. I get the drunk elephant thing, I'm very much ok with that feel for this one! What would you recommend to rid the track of it's novelty feel?

honestly I guess for me it's the horn sound -- it just sounds goofy to me..I feel exactly the same way about the horn sound in Zeppelin's "The Crunge", and Zeppelin may be/have been the greatest band ever..!! please don't take this the wrong way, like I said I like the beat -- it's not that it's bad at all -- but I like it for it's somewhat goofy sound, and I don't know how long that lasts...

that's just my opinion though...

#8 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

t!llman - really great sound here. I'm gonna start off by saying that I don't really want to hear Steely Dan loops in any beat, so to be completely honest I'm not going to be a huge fan of some of these. The craftsmanship is great, although the loops are just cycling with not much variation. if you could maybe use smaller loops sometimes within the main loops it would have made it more interesting to me. Otherwise though it sounds GREAT. Perfectly mixed down...and I like it more than most upbeat tracks like it...

Bill Collector - whoa man. this is probably going to win...sweet sounds. Everything sounds great in the mix. Again it's heavily loop based in the beginning... I don't really know the sample you picked but it sounds like you have great instinct as to where the melody goes...nothing really seems excessive. ok enuf praise damn that's hot!

Trenchant - very basic little track. the bass hits nice and hard...it's smooth man. will be a nice little 'lude.

jayred - points deducted for naked SD in the intro...seems a little quiet. Nice and moody. You hid the SD sound so well in the beat why'd ya open with that? haha. anyway the sounds I can't ID sound good for the beat. I like it man...

JINESIS - damn dude this beat is nuts. crazy high energy...i love what you chopped up, even though the melody is a little random, i still like it. when the beat starts to swing it's all good...nice off kilter ish...oh wait until the stutter edit thing...not really a fan of that. I like the overall sound, unique.

_Aj - cool laid back drums and vibe...smooth. that loop is a little boring...throwin in some vox drops...sounds good til you go overboard. The loops seems a little lost in the beat, maybe that's what you were goin for. it's got a nice overall feel to, just wasn't entirely feelin the samples. i like the piano work.

2 Mello - the first time i heard this I thought it was a little boring...2nd time I was feelin a pete rock vibe. third time...lovin it. nice and smooth, laid back. starts to get repetitive. when you throw down the atmosphere thing its really effective. this would sound dope with an mc over it.

theyoungelohim9 - Really cool sounds coming together here! vox samples are distracting. that piano sounds good in there...your recent stuff sounds fantastic, really focused. I wish the vox were outta the mix...not much variation here, but the beats sounds really good.

SubBass49 - so....basically a SD remix here. I guess this would be a good track for the album, since it's SD and all. Not much I can say about
this one, I'm not a fan of the direction you took at all. no disrespect, I know you were strapped for time. videos are cool.

chillo - bizarre sounds to lead this off. I'm gonna start it over and try to figure what you are doing there...shit gotta turn it up a little. just a smear of reverb'd loops...the kicks sound a little random at first. I like when the muddyness clears up. it's a strange sounding beat. just sounds like it needs a little air. points for uniqueness. the "oh yeah" thing is maybe not suited for this style of beat?

The Wig Master - the only complaint I have about the beat pretty much applies to most of your beats...seems like you have a set method, especially for the drum patterns. I would like to hear something that sounds a little different. I think the other beat you did this week pretty much fits that bill (meaning I thought it was dope) Nice bassline as always, it sounds great.

Back with a vote later...I might single handedly choose the victor this week cuz it seems like NOBODY is voting.

man thanks homie for real,remember that stutter thing I love it and thats make my beat different

#9 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

http://www.myspace.com/jinesispro check out my tribute to j-dilla

#10 _Aj

_Aj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/ajisreal

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

t!llman - first thing that struck me was the snare. it didn't sound like it matched the rest of the beat. i will say though i liked the little echo effect you had on the turnaround. that was slick. and the snare pickup before that beat. sounded like a person on the set. also i really liked the loops you choose, especially the sick synth breakdown. that's a nice run. nice you scooped that one up.

Bill Collector - pretty nice. i dont really have too much to say about this one. it's a nice listen but it doesn't strike me as anything outstanding when i hear it. nice work though.

Trenchant - mellow. i like the echo and panning you got on the horns. and the little switch up with the drum pattern.

Jayred - another smooth joint. i like how when the "yeah" comes in the beat gets a little more intense. also, you got another kick in that drum loop somewhere that kind of throws me off. it feels forced. i counted out the bars and it seems as if it's in the 4th bar. iono it just didn't sit right with me.

Jinesis - the beginning weirded me out. i dont like those on-top samples at all. i also don't like the vocal repeating. the main beat was nice though. real soulful.

2 Mello - i love the loop. the drum pattern is nice. and i like the little stutter steps you got going on. the dropout with the muted trumpet is a nice addition as well.

theyoungelohim9 - i don't like the guitar sample in the beginning. it sounds off. that snare sounds bad too. i dont like the tone of it. the vocals dont seem to have anything to do with anything. but if there's a bigger picture about them i can't see then by all means keep them in.

SubBass49 - if those strings were manually put in change em. cause they sound a bit harsh for this track. that's just a minor quip. it's got a bit of that lazy feel to it. i like it though.

chillo - this sounds disorienting to me. like there's too much going on at once. i do like the stutter with the 2 different snares though. that's nice in the pattern. personally i couldn't focus on the beat itself there was too much going on.

TKurata - i like the skipping snares. the bassline sounds a bit off. or maybe my system can't handle it lol. i like the reversing though. that's a nice touch.

The Wig Master - uh. i dunno what to say. it doesn't grab me from the beginning. but it's cohesive.

my pick is 2 Mello.

#11 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

its all about teh late great tillman.

#12 theyoungelohim9

theyoungelohim9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

2 mello
thanks for the comments and great work everyone

#13 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:03 PM

TILLMAN: VERY FUNKY, SERIOUS/PLATFORM SHOES AND AFRO PUFFS!

BILL COLLECTOR: THIS WAS "SHAFT MEETS CLAUDINE"!

JINESIS: "KILL BILL MEETS KRAFTWORK"! LOL!

2MELLO: FIRST COUPLE OF BARS WAS MELLOW! YOU HAD MY MOM'S GROOVIN TO THE BEAT!!!

THEYOUNGELOHEIM: WELCOME TO "THE WIRE", HBO SPECIAL!!

SUBBASE49: LIKE JANET SAYS... "ALRIGHT"!

CHILLO: VERY BLAND! LIKE FRIED CHICKEN WITH NO SEASONING!!!

TKURATA: VERY COOL!

WIGMASTER: VERY DOPE BEAT, BUT EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU SOUNDS ALIKE!

TO THE OTHER CONTESTANTS, WE COULDN'T HEAR YOUR MUSIC BECAUSE....YOU DON'T HAVE MY SPACE!!!

MY VOTE GOES TO....TILLMAN!!!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK...TO BE DIFFERENT IS LIKE COMPARING OURSELVES TO ANDRE 3000!! ;)

#14 quasquasquas

quasquasquas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

my vote goes to Bill Collector

#15 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Watching the A-Team.

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

BILL COLLECTOR

#16 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

congrats to bill c. i thought you deserved it hands down this week. lets get a new thing

#17 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Watching the A-Team.

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

So since we are Stealing from Dan, shouldn't we steal one or a couple of their covers and change them up a bit for the cover of this album?

Just an idea
Posted Image

#18 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:10 PM

nah man, you're absolutely right -- as a matter of fact you're actually way too kind with your words..!! but certainly spot on in that it's a lot of straight up loops and I will see if I can spice that up a little over the week.

seems like you really know your Steely Dan because you had real good insight on everyone's beat. it will be interesting to see who your vote would have gone to, really appreciate the feedback but might as well try and get us your vote if you're gonna put in all that work.

again, thanks for the feedback..!!

PS: that EDAN show tonight was HOTTT..!!

#19 juta

juta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:23 AM

bill collector killed it

Wigmasta could have been a close one, but the drums should have been more straight forward. The chops were great but the drums ruined it a bit.

#20 2 Mello

2 Mello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:49 AM

thanks to everyone who voted for me anyway. my beat should be better by the time the "album" comes out. glad yall liked it.

#21 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:36 AM

So since we are Stealing from Dan, shouldn't we steal one or a couple of their covers and change them up a bit for the cover of this album?

Just an idea

Whoa, that's dope!

This thread came up after I left home last night, and I've not been in shape to either read or listen to anything <_< :P
Sorry for not voting, and massive thanks to those who voted for me..I'll at least listen thru the other submissions and give my thoughts in a short while!

#22 chillo

chillo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:11 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I have no excuses, it's just what I felt it should be.

I gotta give it up to Bill Collector. Killer track all around.

#23 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:11 AM

Oh damn....sorry didn't get a chance to get back here last night.

JINESIS gets my late vote. Shit was crazy! I did love the intro, also...great beat, man.

#24 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:15 AM

TKurata - i like the skipping snares. the bassline sounds a bit off. or maybe my system can't handle it lol. i like the reversing though. that's a nice touch.

I just got new headphones (Audio Technica ATHM40s) so I was wondering how different the mix would come out. Can anyone else tell me if my bassline is distorted or maybe just off key? Thanks for the feedback man!

Thanks to everyone else who gave feedback and sorry for the late vote...

#25 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:22 AM

Listening now..

t!llman - what wig said, very nice but i don't think the snare blends in with the rest very well (and the kick isn't all that fun either)...but great use of the samples, and very well done overall!

Trenchant - gotta love that swing, plus i really like those stabs...definitely working for me

jayred - absolutely lovely...also love those yeah's, and when the piano stab hits the first time you get that nice cozy bass-vibe.. ^_^

BLACK BELT JINES(IS) - at first i had some problems with that electric guitar, but as soon as the piano stuff comes in it works a lot better. the rest is gravy, heavy drums and everything...

_Aj - probably what wig said, i love those drums but maybe not the hihats...the rest is sweet, the one complaint i could think of is that it almost sounds a little bit too clean ;)

2 Mello - most others have said something about the 'mello-ness" of it, but i can't say that's a bad thing at all...the piano is awesome! my only complaint here would be that i'm not too keen of those drum sounds..the bassline is great though..

theyoungelohim9 - great interlude-style beat, and the vocal sample you use blends in so well it's almost like i'm not listening to it :D

SubBass49 - very interesting, would probably work very well as theme music in some really cool movie from the 70's-80's...on a side note, it sounded really different from your other stuff..

chillo - a bit too abstract for my tastes, just can't really get a grip of it! could be i'm just to hung over to handle too many sounds at the same time tho :P ;) (gotta give props for Glop though!)

TKurata - this one also goes towards the "too-abstract" area, but i gotta say it's got a real nice sound to it. bonus points for creativity as well..

The Wig Master - the usual niceness of the swing, lots of very different samples but still in good harmony! very nice bass as well. the only complaint i might have is one thing i also noticed in TKuratas track, and that's the "couple of snaredrums in a row"-thing...it probably would have sounded a lot cooler if it was an actual drumroll or so!

Again, thanks for voting!
If I would've voted it would probably have been for Wig Master, JINESIS or jayred...or one of the others, I must say it was a very good week! I'd say it's pretty good that there were no tracks I really felt the urge to skip, so as an "album" I think it'd work out allright :D

#26 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

Oh and btw, if I were to pick on my own beat a little, I think it lacks some flow...a bit too much silence here and there, and I could definitely arrange the patterns in a better order, maybe remove some.
I also wanted to make it a little faster, but that didn't really fit the sample..

#27 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

I'm still not a 100% sure here, but did I win this, and is it the usual "post a new track" planned for this week? :lol:
If that's the case, I'll put this one up here until someone starts a new thread, I'd do it myself but I have to get some sleep right now!

Think it has a little bit of everything...

Chucho Valdes - Nanu

#28 Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

Chucho Valdes - Nanu

hell yeah, chucho valdes eats pianos for breakfast

#29 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,508 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

I'm still not a 100% sure here, but did I win this, and is it the usual "post a new track" planned for this week? :lol:
If that's the case, I'll put this one up here until someone starts a new thread, I'd do it myself but I have to get some sleep right now!

Chucho Valdes - Nanu

carrying on with the steely dan thing so you have another week to work on your entry

#30 DeezSteez

DeezSteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

hey y'all, so i'm finally getting started on this thing...

and i'm sorry i wasn't able to listen/feedback... uprooting your whole life and re-establishing yourself on the other side of the country (for the second time in 12 months) is... taxing, to say the least.

was the "claim one song as your exclusive territory" vs. "rock anything steely dan ever did" debate ever settled? if i gotta stake a claim i'm grabbing "hey nineteen." (only 'cause someone beat me to "babylon sisters" - damn!) if it's wide open then... it's wide open. :lol: :D

hope i can put together something decent by the end of the week...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users