114 replies to this topic

#61 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

It would help to get some beats from DeezSteez, Drella, Remus, and Bill Collector. wuh wuh where ya at?

Party over there! Slacking over here :P :lol: :P

I've downloaded the albums that looked interesting and I'll probably have time to sit down and listen to it tomorrow..so I might crank something out!

#62 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:51 PM

this next battle will be mindsssssssssssssssssss ITZ JINESIS!

#63 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

^^^normally I would pretty much agree...but I was under the impression that this 50th week was a whole different animal. either way, everyone is choosing different songs this week so it seemed like a perfect time to use many samples...

What I would really like to do when I get to choose samples is choose about 6 tracks and limit the battle to NO synths and NO outside sources with a requirement to use ALL sample choices...but people would throw a fit. Ultimately I wish the winner could pick whatever rules they want and still have a good turnout...instead it seems like whenever the status quo is altered people start complaining and ducking the challenge. no disrespect.

Here are the formula(s)

A. STMB Presents "Steeling From Dan" with samples used exclusively from Steely Dan records.
B. STMB Presents "Steeling From Dan" with each beat using one Steely Dan track as the sample.

IMO option A is the clearer concept. Either way, I don't care.

I like it the title, Shakey.

LETS TAKE THIS TO 50TH BATTLE TO THE MOON LOL

#64 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

I DONT ABOUT THE REST OF YA'LL BUT IA M READY TO POST MY BEAT RIGTH NOW SO UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS WOULD HAVE TO RE-WORK YOUR BEAT LOL TKURATA WHATS THE DEAL HOMIE

#65 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

it really doesn't matter at all cause there's no real prize, but i like it better when everyone is using the same sample so we can tell who flipped it best more directly. i even get thrown off when someone has a different beat as the first track in their myspace player cause i forget what the sample sounded like. that's why i always ask people to make the track come up automatically as #1 on the myspace player.

that said, people like bill (....) can do it up with one sample but i usually need more to make it dopely

also, we shoulda waited til 52 or 53 for this craziness...

#66 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:22 PM

it really doesn't matter at all cause there's no real prize, but i like it better when everyone is using the same sample so we can tell who flipped it best more directly. i even get thrown off when someone has a different beat as the first track in their myspace player cause i forget what the sample sounded like. that's why i always ask people to make the track come up automatically as #1 on the myspace player.

that said, people like bill (....) can do it up with one sample but i usually need more to make it dopely

you got it on my half

#67 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

someone suggested this before, probably on the first page -- probably would have been smarter to figure out the rules over the weeks between 50 and 52/53 so we were ready to celebrate the first year of beat-battles...

oh well...

#68 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:39 AM

I DONT ABOUT THE REST OF YA'LL BUT IA M READY TO POST MY BEAT RIGTH NOW SO UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS WOULD HAVE TO RE-WORK YOUR BEAT LOL TKURATA WHATS THE DEAL HOMIE

Yeah yeah...if you had the job, the woman, and the stax of video games I have you wouldn't be finished yet either! My suggestion for maximum dopeness was to critique each other beats and kick um up a notch for an album...but yeah this has been a little too spur-of-the-moment...hell it's probably gonna turn out fine.

Master Jin if you need some help making your beats doper just holla at me...I know you are searching for that TKurata sound! I give lessons, let me know if you want to go to school! LOLZ!

Posted Image

Anyway...damn. This is all twisted. Cosign with Wigs about the myspace track #1 ish.

so is anyone done with their beat or having good progress? except Master Jin? I counted about 16 claimed Steely Dan tracks on this thread...

#69 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

this looks real interesting, wich i'd have been up on this from the beginning.

#70 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:28 AM

so is anyone done with their beat or having good progress? except Master Jin? I counted about 16 claimed Steely Dan tracks on this thread...

mine is going ok but ive gotta go to my mates tonight to install some software on his laptop and tommorow im going the pub to get shitfaced(cos i didnt go out all last weekend) so mine wont be finished for the deadline, but wasnt there talk of carrying this on til next week?

#71 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

I have two different ideas currently up on my MySpace (www.myspace.com/tillbeats) -- the "Obey Fez2" I kinda just stumbled upon late last night but I kinda like where that one is heading, though it is far from complete. the "Obey Fez" was my original idea, it's maybe a little more straight forward but is much more fleshed out than "Obey Fez2"...

I too thought the plan was to let people critique this week so we can refine the beat during the 2nd week -- so I was hoping people would tell me which version I should stick with and work on further...

(I actually have a 3rd loop in the barrel as well which could take it all in yet another direction...but that's not on the MySpace...)

#72 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

I have two different ideas currently up on my MySpace (www.myspace.com/tillbeats) -- the "Obey Fez2" I kinda just stumbled upon late last night but I kinda like where that one is heading, though it is far from complete. the "Obey Fez" was my original idea, it's maybe a little more straight forward but is much more fleshed out than "Obey Fez2"...

I too thought the plan was to let people critique this week so we can refine the beat during the 2nd week -- so I was hoping people would tell me which version I should stick with and work on further...

(I actually have a 3rd loop in the barrel as well which could take it all in yet another direction...but that's not on the MySpace...)

defo go with the obeyfez (not obeyfez2) give it some more bass mayb some heavier drums sounds good though i like it

#73 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

defo go with the obeyfez (not obeyfez2) give it some more bass mayb some heavier drums sounds good though i like it

thanks for the feedback -- yeah, the "Obey Fez" I worked on more, so it's much more complete at this time -- the "Obey Fez2" I kinda stumbled upon by accident but thought it sounded pretty cool (though listening back maybe I was a little too stoney when working on it because I was thinking it was a little better than it actually is - haha)...but with some more work it could shape up into something cool...

anyway, thanks again...

#74 DeezSteez

DeezSteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

It would help to get some beats from DeezSteez, Drella, Remus, and Bill Collector. wuh wuh where ya at?

yo... i'm here... sort of...

had to do a bit of globetrotting for a minute there, now i'm getting moved in to my new place in orlando (c'ya sub :huh:), but it'll still be a few days before i have my gear set up and can work on a beat. this album thing sounds like a hella fun project though, i'd love to get in on it if y'all will allow me a little more time to get something together... even if i don't qualify for the "battle", just so long as i can submit a track for the album...

#75 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

Damn, I came home late today and will have little to no time tomorrow, but I'm gonna start browsing those tracks and see if it's possible anyway :huh:

#76 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Watching the A-Team.

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

I need to start on mine tonight. Probably just end up looping one thing. hahaha.

#77 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

Ok, I don't have time to listen, so I'm grabbing Night By Night

#78 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

my beat will be up tonight at 12am yo tkurata lol

#79 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

Ok, I'm done! And I'm gonna play it safe and post it up right now, since I don't know I'm gonna be able to get home in time to upload it tomorrow..."ain't no thang" B)

For once I'm pretty pleased with my entry, especially since this is the first beat I make in '08 I think..
Anyways, it'll be up in a matter of minutes.

#80 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:11 PM

As usual, I've only heard it on crappy headphones so the levels are surely fucked up. But I have to get some sleep so there's no time to fix it.. :o
Check checka check it out.

I tried making it the first song in the player, but I guess it just hasn't updated yet. At the time of posting this, it is at the bottom, but it might move up at any time B)

I don't really like the patterns in the beginning, but it gets better..

#81 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:30 PM

As usual, I've only heard it on crappy headphones so the levels are surely fucked up. But I have to get some sleep so there's no time to fix it.. :o
Check checka check it out.

I tried making it the first song in the player, but I guess it just hasn't updated yet. At the time of posting this, it is at the bottom, but it might move up at any time B)

I don't really like the patterns in the beginning, but it gets better..

I'm still at work so I don't have my good headphones, but sounds pretty good to me -- I'm liking it, looking forward to hearing the finished polished product (on good headphones..!!)

#82 chillo

chillo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

Co-sign

#83 Trenchant

Trenchant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

I once again forgot to work on a beat, so here is my first STMB Beat Battle Beat. I made it a few months ago, nothin special really. Sampled "Bablyon Sisters" off Gaucho.

Story Time
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclic...m...172207&q=lohi-fi URL: http://www.soundclic...m...172207&q=hi

#84 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:08 PM

I'll probably be busy for most of tomorrow, so I posting it early.

http://www.myspace.com/upperbasement

I used "The Royal Scam."

Edit: Forgot to add...Yo I got this shit on lock son! This one is mine!

:(

#85 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

Ahh shit fuck...

I just got Vegas Movie Editor 8 Platinum Edition and have been working on trying to make music videos all week. This shit is HARD to learn, but I'm gettin' there. Hardest part is finding raw footage to use. I've gotta have several hours of videos and instrumental music by February 17th for an art gallery show I'm helping to put on.

Therefore....

I've hardly worked on my beat. I'll put in some work tomorrow though. Hopefully end up with somethin' decent.

#86 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Ahh shit fuck...

I just got Vegas Movie Editor 8 Platinum Edition and have been working on trying to make music videos all week. This shit is HARD to learn, but I'm gettin' there. Hardest part is finding raw footage to use. I've gotta have several hours of videos and instrumental music by February 17th for an art gallery show I'm helping to put on.

Therefore....

I've hardly worked on my beat. I'll put in some work tomorrow though. Hopefully end up with somethin' decent.

I haven't been around here too long, but you're little stories are no longer gonna work on me -- I know you got a banger locked and loaded for us.. :(

#87 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

can someone tell me what stmb means

#88 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

can someone tell me what stmb means

Stones Throw Message Board

#89 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

Stones Throw Message Board

good lookin homie

#90 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

Technique or http://www.myspace.com/jinesisnyc this is the new beat from steely dan oh and this page so i could you to my top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users