STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...Vie...A:IT&rd=1

it's time for a reissue.

I feel you, but then it wouldn't be as special, unless they reissued at limited amount like 100 copies lol

#3 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:58 PM

i definitely missed the boat on ruff draft. a reissue would be much appreciated. where you at wolf?

#4 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:22 AM

http://cgi.ebay.de/w...wIt...A:IT&rd=1

the first pressing would still be special and you could get this record to a broader audience. and come on 200$ for a record. this is a degenerated trend, caused definitely mainly by dilla's death.

#5 Drums

Drums

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:07 AM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...Vie...A:IT&rd=1

it's time for a reissue.

i'm so happy i got it!

how many copies is there?

#6 Bobby Wham

Bobby Wham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

didn't wolf say in an interview that he'd be interested in mixing it down again and releasing it on cd cause it was never released here? That would be cool to have a high quality version on cd, but I'm glad i got the wax when it dropped too.

#7 Toya?

Toya?

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:53 AM

What I meant by 'It wouldn't be as special' is that the feeling of having it now is so great because it was limited. If they reissue it, everyone will have it (or at least a lot more people). But I guess people who already have it will still be on top because they have the originals.

Of course Ruff Draft is special, I'm not talking about the EP at all. I love it!

Don't get me wrong though, I just may get it because I missed out too...

#8 envy sible

envy sible

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

i'm so happy i got it!

word. i love this record!

#9 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

What I meant by 'It wouldn't be as special' is that the feeling of having it now is so great because it was limited. If they reissue it, everyone will have it (or at least a lot more people).

Wolf could just release it on CD. That way sleepers could get a copy, old-timers could get a higher quality version (possibly wit some goodies?), and the vinyl retains 90% of its original worth.

everyone gets some!

#10 Kuraden

Kuraden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:22 PM

didn't wolf say in an interview that he'd be interested in mixing it down again and releasing it on cd cause it was never released here? That would be cool to have a high quality version on cd, but I'm glad i got the wax when it dropped too.

Judging by the way "Nothing Like This" was mixed for Chrome Children, I don't think I like the idea of mixing down the whole album at all. I liked the way the track sounded on Ruff Draft a lot better. The sound quality on J. Rocc's Thank You Jay Dee podcast sounded damn near perfect compared to the webrip(s) circulating.

#11 Drums

Drums

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:29 AM

Judging by the way "Nothing Like This" was mixed for Chrome Children, I don't think I like the idea of mixing down the whole album at all. I liked the way the track sounded on Ruff Draft a lot better. The sound quality on J. Rocc's Thank You Jay Dee podcast sounded damn near perfect compared to the webrip(s) circulating.

i would actually prefer another mixing for the cd. feels like the ruff draft didn't get a proper mastering, but i guess that's part of the charm with it too.

"straight from the motherfucking cassette!"

#12 envy sible

envy sible

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:37 AM

right. plus if you own the ruff draft vinyl you'll notice they let the song end another way on chrome children than it did on the vinyl version... on the original dilla was lettin the sample play for a few secs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users