• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 seasons change

seasons change

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:12 AM

Damn...you guys melted my fucking mind, for real. From Koushik to Madlib, that show was the kind that people will talk about in hip-hop restrospectives in the future.

Wolf, you're a bad-ass. I want that video shit!

Anywhoo, thanks for the show.

#2 dub_g

dub_g

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:36 PM

for shure..

hopefully they will stop off in chicago more often.

there was a lot of support there last night

and i was really glad that there was no chicago hip hop to contaminate the evening.

im not big on much of our citys hip hop.

maybe i'm just missing the good stuff.

to me, chicagos strong point is the deep/underground house - probably one of the best cities in the world -
traxx, derrick carter, gene farris, mark farina, farley, dj sneak, cajmere/green velvet

the hip hop dept is just average

it very predictable . some of it is decent ,like single minded pros
but nothing even close to stones throw
there is one stand out mc that i like but i think he moved to san fran - his name is offwhyte

the scene is very fragmented
and the creativity is on the low side
go to a show and be told what to do

everybody...

kneel down and say you own intentions in silence

in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirt
and of the blessed virgin mother mary
from now until the hour of our death amen

#3 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:50 PM

Damn...you guys melted my fucking mind, for real. From Koushik to Madlib, that show was the kind that people will talk about in hip-hop restrospectives in the future.

damn, i had a feeling that it was going to be an above average show. for me it was either pay a bunch of money to hang out by myself at the show or pay a little money and go to a halloween party. i gotta pay the man for some illegal activities soon so i had my budget in mind when i opted out of the show.

but koushik was there? who else?

#4 thecleaner

thecleaner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Making beats, records, drums, video games, skateboarding

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

Koushik, Percee P (who is a super nice guy, BTW), MED, Wolf, J-Rocc, and Madlib.

#5 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:57 PM

Koushik, Percee P (who is a super nice guy, BTW), MED, Wolf, J-Rocc, and Madlib.

damn. koushik, percee and MED woulda been killer. maybe they'll send someone out this way next year.

what were the percee p cds that everyones talkin about? legendary status? something different? got one you're lookin to get rid of?

#6 gravelheadwrap

gravelheadwrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:20 PM

This show was good as hell! Was nice to meet everyone. Havent had that much fun at a show in forever!!! I'm very glad that Koushik and MED were there! Nice to get more of the crew at the show.

Hadn't been to the Metro for a show before, been to plenty of other places for shows in Chicago and I think thats my favorite venue.

Koushik had some dope selections.
Same with J Rocc and Wolf.
The DVDJ shit was ill as hell, had seen that a few times before---had never seen it done the way PBW did it.
Percee P!
MED!
MADLIB!!

All was real, real nice.

#7 deacon

deacon

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:01 AM

was it just me, or did it seem like the crowd in general was not feelin the show in chicago?
whenenver there was a call and response, and even after songs, it seemed a good portion of the crowd was pretty quiet.

and it seemed like madlib, and even PBW, was sensing it and was getting frustrated with how weak the crowd was. after like four songs, madlib was like, "y'all want me to even play one more song? how about no more songs?"

just curious to see if anyone felt this way

#8 eltruant

eltruant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:19 PM

was it just me, or did it seem like the crowd in general was not feelin the show in chicago?
whenenver there was a call and response, and even after songs, it seemed a good portion of the crowd was pretty quiet.

and it seemed like madlib, and even PBW, was sensing it and was getting frustrated with how weak the crowd was. after like four songs, madlib was like, "y'all want me to even play one more song? how about no more songs?"

just curious to see if anyone felt this way

yeah and cats started booing way too much... i mean, dooms not on the bill and there was really no chance he was coming out so why give them shit about it?

j rocc seemed kinda frustrated when people started booing but that "encore" of the red was so tight...people seemed hyped for that...i think it it was the best song of the night (JAN was tight too).

i talked to them a little after and they seemed fucking exhausted from the tour so they probably were frustrated about how the show went. i can't believe people booed when j rocc bumped the needle and fucked shit up...

#9 deacon

deacon

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

yeah and cats started booing way too much... i mean, dooms not on the bill and there was really no chance he was coming out so why give them shit about it?

j rocc seemed kinda frustrated when people started booing but that "encore" of the red was so tight...people seemed hyped for that...i think it it was the best song of the night (JAN was tight too).

i talked to them a little after and they seemed fucking exhausted from the tour so they probably were frustrated about how the show went. i can't believe people booed when j rocc bumped the needle and fucked shit up...

yeah, the red encore was tight as hell. i liked how they started out by playing the original record that the vocal sample is from, and then went into the song.

#10 gravelheadwrap

gravelheadwrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

Where I was standing---middle and like 2-3 rows back---the crowd seemed real energetic. The booing was too much---kind of embarassing, but whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users