#1 dub_g

dub_g

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

come on people

somebody out there has a report to give...

#2 hosfordchase

hosfordchase

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:37 PM

I went to the show.

SHOW
J Rocc warmed up the audience and played in between sets. He played Stones Throw and related stuff.
Percee P was awesome (as usual). We walked around selling CDs, talking to people. We saw him on the Perseverence Tour (with Dabrye) and he basically did the same songs.
Peanut Butter Wolf’s VDJ set was pretty cool, he played a lot of old hip hop videos. He and J Rocc were goofing around about Prince stuff.
MED did a few songs. I wish he would have done more, he only did like 4 songs.
Madlib was good but, short. As soon as he hit the stage the crowd lit up. I really like his music, but his strongest suit isn’t MC.
Koushik showed up late apparently and closed the house down with PB Wolf.

Over all I was happy to see the show, since none of those guys get out here very often, but it was an OK show. Nothing too memorable happened. But then again its Minneapolis. I’m sure the crowds would have been better in Europe or Japan or even the West Coast. I really hope we get Oh No and Roc C out here again. (Last time they played here 5 people showed, LITERALLY!) I was really, really hoping to see Dudley Perkins, I hope he makes it out here and some of the other label members. I think an Aloe Blacc, Georgia, Dudley Tour would be exceptional.

MERCH
2 J Rocc Mix CDs
3 PB Wolf Mix CDs (yo 45 raps, bass your car, and 666 Mix)
2 Madlib (Mind Fusion)
J Dilla Fan club 45 (the one they gave away with donuts)
MED Bang Ya Head Mix Tape
PB Wolf 45 Poster
The US shirts and Europe Shirts

Attached Files

#3 Laser Closet

Laser Closet

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:43 PM

I thought the show was sick, my friend and i parked on the other side of the city and walked for 3 miles to get there. J Rocc was ill, PB Wolfs deal was tight too. They had the mind fusion albums, so i was hyped. Percee P was good, MED was good, Madlib was more energetic than i thought he would be. All in all a good show, I wish they would come through more often and i also wouldve loved to have seen Dudley.

Sold out show too so thats tight.

#4 CyphaSamurai

CyphaSamurai

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:50 PM

Great show! Although I wish Dudley, Muldrow, & Aloe were there. Still a great show, lots of herbs smoked and no security on patrol!
& Im also disappointed in the usual turnout for Stones Throw artists around here, the crew needs to get out here more, that would help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users