Photo
- - - - -

Beat Battle 47 Voting Thread

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Who Wins? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite beat.

1. SubBass49 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. sleepy (0 votes [0.00%])

3. cralias (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Josh G (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. 2 Mellow (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

6. S.L. (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

7. Areou (0 votes [0.00%])

8. JINESIS (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

9. The Wig Master (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

10. t!llman (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Outlier (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

12. TKurata (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:25 AM

"47 is a magical number. 47 plus 2 equals 49. 47 times 2 equals 94. 49 and 94. 94 and 49. Relationship between 47 and 2... is magic"

OK People...here's the re-cap:

SubBass49
sleepy
cralias
Josh G
2 Mellow
S.L.
Areou
JINESIS
The Wig Master
t!llman
Outlier
TKurata

OK people...vote until Midnight Eastern Standard Time (US East Coast)...google it if you can't figure it out where you're from.

Winner posts the next sample tomorrow morning (or even late tonight if you're up for it). Also be sure to post rules about the battle...in case you want any special requirements or whatever.

I will post my reviews in a bit once I have a chance to listen to everyone's work.

#2 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:55 AM

sleepy - Nice stuff so far...SMOOTH...I like the back and forth of the backing instruments...is that an organ?...cool mellow stuff...not too sure about the little change ups thrown in there though...they dont seem to fit the tone of the rest of the beat...same problem I was having...every change I tried sounded inappropriate to the rest of the track...do like the panning at the break down...nice touch...

cralias - Already like it...the breathing thing was dope...creepy but dope...one of my favorites from you so far...like the bass...in moderation though...if it takes over the beat it's gonna sound kind of cheesy...but so far so good...like the switch-up...nice chops...glitchy as all fuck, which is what you go for...so mission accomplished...

Josh G - Nice start...like the progression of your stuff...wish the guitar wasn't all over in the left channel though...same with the sax...I dunno if it would work to balance it or have it pan...ahhh...now some stuff is in the right channel...much better sounding...this is nice stuff right here...like the groove...good work!

2 Mellow - FUNKY...nice...that guitar in the right channel is keepin it funky as all hell...nice stuff...this is a nice groove right here...not too sure abut the snare sound...the rest of the beat is so organic sounding...that electro snare sound just doesnt seem to fit...but it's still a dope track...love the synth line when it drops in...this is a DOPE jam...

S.L. - Nice start homie...that bass has me hooked...sucker for fat basslines...not sure about the kick rolls...the piano has that subtle dre feel...video game sounds droppin' on my head...lol...oh damn...like where ya took it after that though...I can hear the samples loopin though...this is some shit though man...good work...the violin sample is a nice transition...

Areou - Haha...nice intro sample...smooth shit...whoah...flipped it when the intro was over though...darker sounding...but it works somehow...thats what I was unable to come up with this time around...a change that'd vibe with the track...this is cool...the real mellow breakdown is cool...i really like it...very subtle...a little background sound....but it's building anticipation for something to drop in...something loud...let's see if you take it there...damn...you went with the fade out. I'd like to hear something LOUD drop in just when you've lulled the listener to sleep...

JINESIS - Your myspace player is fuckin' up right now...your top 3 songs wont play for some reason...I'll check back later...

The Wig Master - Same with yours...but it's JUST your potted out track that isn't playing for some reason...

t!llman - DAMN...yours too...fuckin Myspace...

Outlier - Yours is workin' though...FAT bass...nice stuff...that upright sound...good stuff...this is a dope track right here...missed your style of beats...really spacey mellow ambient vibes...fuckin' DOPE...This is some after-hours vibe stuff...smoke filled room type shit...fuckin LOVE it.

TKurata - And of course yours isnt working either...hmmm...wonder if it's a location thing. I think Myspace stores their music on servers based on location...aren't ya'll northeast cats the ones having problems with tracks playing?

Anyway...I'll check back later and see if those beats are playing for the northeastern folks...until then I'm not gonna vote...

EDIT: Shit...mine isn't playing either...so much for my location theory....dammit. I'd hold off on the voting until everyone's stuff is working...unless you already listened to all the tracks...in which case go for it...

#3 2 Mello

2 Mello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:10 AM

Reviews:

SubBass: Is the piano of your own creation? the way you used the sample is pretty good, although there's a rogue rimshot in there that throws the beat off. I hate when that happens but hey there's no way to stop it. This elevator sample is bizarre, I've never heard so much talk about the things. This beat is nice and mellow, though, sounds like an interlude, and even so much more since there's idle talking over it, which is what interludes usually contain.

sleepy: the drum beat sounds pretty good. that clap in the left ear is sorta weird and distracting but whatever. i like the sax chops, how they alternate from sounding smooth to chopped. There are a lot of little sounds coming in and out of this beat. Nice that you didn't just go and let something loop. Underneath all those sounds, though, is a nice faithful loop. Not bad.

cralias: strange intro, but when the beat comes in its i-ight. I like the electronic drum sounds, but I can't seem to catch the rhythm of this beat, maybe it's just that i'm not glitch-minded enough. Kind of drives me mad, but I think your chopping was still very good, especially the orchestral strings.
As for the second part with the second sample, I like it better. Good melody, although the rhythm was a bit off kilter.

Josh G: not bad at all man, very dark. might be my favorite so far. I actually like it more before the other sax comes in at 0:44. before that it sounded like something you could rhyme on but after it sounds more like a beat tape. I dunno, I guess it comes down to whatever you prefer it to sound like.

i don't know who the hell 2 mello is so ima skip that one...

S.L.: I don't recall hearing the part of the sample you used but whatever. I like the way it sounds, especially when those strings come in. i don't know about the synth at :50 or so though. and after that it gets real creepy. I think the original way you had the beat, with just the loop sample and the string stab, was great, I would have been content with that the whole way actually. Nice vibe tho, I could bob my head to it.

Areou: Now this is the part of the sample I would describe as white-man cheesy, but I still actually had wanted to use it. I like the way you managed it, and the minimal part with the reverbed drums is even nicer. And you keep on and on, adding new variations, nice. Almost sounds like it's a drummer and a guy playing sax, going at it live. Good quality sounds.

JINESIS: pulled a real funky bit out of that sample didn't you...nice. ah, now the real beat drops. Very driving drums. I like the reverses on everything. Sounds very "prefuse 73". I myself don't have the patience to produce like that, but I can respect it when you get it to sound good, and you get a pretty good thing goin, but i don't really like the sampled cheers later. Nice beat though.

Wig Master: Like what you did with the guitar solo, man. Beat is a little jumbled at times, hard to really get a headnod going on it, but the sounds themselves are good. I like the way you filtered the sample, real smooth. Listening to your productions, you seem to have a knack for pulling real interesting sounds out of a piece, so you get respect for that. Enjoyed it.

t!llman: the beat is a little too minimal for me, and the sax sample you used is kind of annoying too. but judging by the quality of your other beats, i'd say maybe you just didn't have enough time to get this one together for real and I understand that.

Outlier: nice beat, sounds dj shadow-like almost, dark and creepy. very fresh sounding drums. Reminds me of listening to old drum n bass intros. getting pretty good vibes from this one man. I like the look of that virb site as well. maybe i should get an account on there.

Tkurata: can't really tell where you used the samples on this one, man. really dark marching tune, like an evil army of drums. nice thematic sound you were able to establish, you sound like you're in control of your style. very atmospheric and soundtrack-like.

well there everyone goes.

#4 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:Beats Teeshirts & MaryJane

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:22 AM

hhhmmmm JINESIS, JOSH naaahh fuck it, WIG.
2 mello sounded Teddy Riley or summat on this one. uh, new jack shwing

#5 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:13 AM

trying to imagine which joints would be on the radio... the only one i can really picture is TK's, so i'mma give it to him.
josh's was nice but the snare was too muffled, and i liked outlier's bassline a lot too

just wish i noticed that second sample before today...

sub- they all seem to be working for me. for some reason your page always takes longer to load than anyone else's. has anyone else told you this?

2 mello- i appreciate the comments a lot. i feel you on the head-nod factor. maybe less changes and more hi-hats would do it

#6 Areou

Areou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:....well yes music
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/areou

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

hey man i voted for wig, but to comment on wig's comment, I think that saying you could hear tk's on the radio might actually be a diss on this board right, when is the last time you heard madlib on the radio, Akoholics' albumn right? and anyways i think i could hear tk maybe on pirate radio in the uk. and to me that would be a complement. and another thing i don't get how some people don't get your style wig? i think it might be the best on this page for sure, u understand more or there is something i'm not getting, like what do you use to make your beats?

#7 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

i only listen to the down-dial stations--college radio and whatnaut. so that was a compliment...

just using garageband right now. i really miss the sound of the 303 but garageband came with my mac so i started messing with it and fell in love with its simplicity. i wouldn't fuck with anything else really except maybe a 404. i wanna get that new garageband '08 cause it's got 4 effects per track instead of just 2...

not saying my beats are the shit or anything (cause they're not) but one thing i would like to see more from people on here is less quantizing. shit is just mad boring to listen to when its all stiff like that

#8 sugoisounds

sugoisounds

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts
  • Soundcloud:sugoisounds

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

mozaik, jinesis and outlier held my limited attention the most. thx. Mosaik overall [reason? read 'blink' by malcom gladwell?]

#9 t!llman

t!llman

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

definitely had problems with MySpiggity player all day, sucks because I did have a chance to listen to them all before the voting thread went up but wasn't listeing with the "voter's-ear" at the time. I am going to withold my vote this week because of the MySpace fiasco but still here are my impressions of those I was able listen to more thoroughly, please don't take anything the wrong way -- trust me you all did a much better job than I did..!!

SubBass49 - I definitely like this beat, but seems to be driven by the piano melody more than the guitar from the sample -- unless there's some of the O'Jays in here that I am not hearing since I didn't work on that one at all. Like the percussion kicking in and the bouncier bass line, very nice change and nice transition..!! Scanner stuff may go a little too long acapella towards the end and the beat comes in just as it left us, but it's nice so by no means is it a complaint. I too heard the rimshot at the beginning, other than that this beat is completely top-notch..!!

sleepy - MySpace Player wasn't working on your since the Voter Thread went up -- I did hear it earlier today, but don't remember much about it. Not to say that it wasn't memorable, I just don't remember much about it, sorry...

cralias - I like this one a lot more than last weeks; Nasty, NASTY..!! Creepy shit in the into, not so sure how much of this is sample driven, but right now I don't care -- it's awesome..!! GODDAMN the switch up is brutal man, fantastic..!! Again doesn't seem very sample driven (unless that's the sax in there) but I really don't care -- doesn't seem like all much variety going on though, but overall I love it..!!

Josh G - MySpace Player wasn't working on your since the Voter Thread went up -- one thing I remember about yours is that you used the same guitar part I was messing around with for a bit, though you were able to make it work..!! I also remember liking the panned sax parts which were layered - sorry I wasn't able to say much more...

2 Mellow - Ok, making the fair assumption that this is from the O'Jays song -- and by GOD is it funky..!! This beat has a wonderful vibe, definitely it all comes together extremely well -- I just wish I I had worked on this song so I had a better idea of the sample and all of its intricacies, but as it stands it's a great beat, very nice work..!!

S.L. - Hell yeah, this is some ill shit..!! I am guessing once again driven by the O'Jays song, fucking nasty bassline..!! Not so sure about the old videogame sample, I really like the idea of throwing in a new melody but it didn't quite work -- now the part after with the chorus vocals and that crunchy organ worked much better in my opinion. Again, nice work..!! (hell yeah MOP.. nasty remix - ha ha)

Areou - ok, back to the "Pop Song" sample -- yup, yup - I like it. Mellow as fuck -- or is it, nope it's not, nice change..this is really nice too..!! (wish the kick were a little louder though). Nice sax solo outro, very well put together..!! Man I like this beat a lot too, either you guys put together a real nice crop of beats or I am too quick to give the thumbs up -- but so far I am diggin' these..!!

JINESIS - another MySpace casualty -- I did hear yours earlier in the week but honestly don't remember much about it -- sorry...

The Wig Master - MySpace Player not working again -- I did hear it earlier and remember by the end just loving it..!! If it means anything my initial reaction was that yours was the best, so had nothing changed and MySpace worked you probably would have received my vote this week...

Outlier - Pretty nice beat. I'm not really hearing where the sample is so I am guessing this is another one of the O'Jays beats, maybe that little bit of sax is from the "Pop Song" sample..?? Doesn't really do much but it's pretty cool and I like it though, not bad..

TKurata - MySpace, not working, sorry -- Once again, heard it earlier -- remember it being short and kinda building upon itself but that's kinda about it and even that may not be accurate...

Sorry to everyone who felt the curse of the MySpace player -- just felt it wasn't fair to vote without giving them all the proper listen...

gotta get ready for this Wu-Tang show tonight -- GO GIANTS..!!

#10 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

those of you who check me out Iwould like to say thanks.oh myspace player should be workin lol or www.myspace.com/jinesispro

#11 Guest_Outlier_*

Guest_Outlier_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

i like how everyone brought something different sounding. i liked several of the tracks but decided on TKurata's. it's heavy pulsing abstract nature just spoke to me more... i could see this as a Def Jux track.

i haven't been on these for 4 months... and i started on BB#1, so it's nice to see the players out here keeping this alive. my shit's usually pretty spacey,minimal and abstract but i try to keep the head noddin factor on point.

t!llman: i used both samples provided. the only things not from the samples are the kicks, snares, hats, and bassline. i deconstruct, pitch and layer to the point where the samples seem to be from somewhere else.

#12 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

Tkurata: can't really tell where you used the samples on this one, man. really dark marching tune, like an evil army of drums. nice thematic sound you were able to establish, you sound like you're in control of your style. very atmospheric and soundtrack-like.

well there everyone goes.

thanks man. evil drum army was definitely what I had in mind. I was really feeling bitter and betrayed so yeah, see title of song.

I used kick and a couple snares from pop tune. also found a very low sustained sax note from pop tune and that is my drone. also filtered and did a some flange to get that bass. from the o-jays I had a bunch of good chops but I actually switched got this email that was unreal (see track title) so I grabbed three of the chops, filtered, and added to ends of the phrases. had some vox chops and hats also mixed in but they were eaten alive by heavy, probably terriible sounding, compression/eq'ing.

of course there is 808 in there and I mic'd up for a little tambourine. hah.

thanks for wanting to hear my ish on da radio! I think...haven't listened to any ota radio inna long time. but thanks for the eventual, clarified props. and the votes!!! very surprised!

whoa jenisis w/ 5 votes! nice.....

ill vote here inna sec in on my phone at the moment.

#13 Areou

Areou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:....well yes music
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/areou

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

...not saying my beats are the shit or anything (cause they're not) but one thing i would like to see more from people on here is less quantizing. shit is just mad boring to listen to when its all stiff like that

thankyou that's it quanitizing you're right i was wondering why my beats didn't bounce right to computery i think im using the computer as a crutch too much right now

#14 Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

just got my vote in, i picked jinesis, the beat had a great atmosphere and the only thing i didn't like was all the applause on top. also really liked wig master's beat, tkurata's, and josh g's. be back for next week's battle. if i post any more before tuesday evening, it means i'm procrastinating, which i really can't afford to do any more of, so tell me to go away...

#15 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:50 PM

OK...reviews of the ones I couldnt hear before:

JINESIS: Nice stuff...smooth...good sound...a little repetetive but who am I to complain aobut that...I'm the king of repetetive shit...lol...good sounds though...top notch...

Wig Master: Glitchy but not overboard with it...good stuff...pro sound...funky bassline...always wins points with me...

t!llman: interesting stuff...blending crunky shit with jazzy sounds...has it been done before?...dirty south jazz?...lol...interesting...

TKurata: HEAVY bass...like it already...the reverse Sub-Bass...hehe...I see what you did there...lol...this is dope man...expect nothin less from ya though...good stuff...this is up there with Outlier for my faves...

EDIT: My vote goes to....shit I cant decide...Outlier or TKurata...damn...tough pick...

#16 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

Gave it to Outlier...the subtlety won me over...

VERY close second to TKurata though...that's probably been the hardest choice for me yet between two tracks since I started doin' battles...good stuff all around folks...

#17 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

NOt much time to vote so im gonnna make this short

Subbass - VEry laid back...that piano is nice. The police radio is kinda distracting. I still want to hear new kick sounds...lol. I really like it...when the extra drums come in, the hats didn't do it for me. I do like how you keep the evolution going. Good stuff. great vibe.

Sleepy - intro was ok. not really feeling the chord prog too much. the loops get pretty repetitive. would have liked to have heard the snare pop a little more. Not too bad...whoa weird little chanegup...kind of off maybe. sorry it's pretty good.

cralias - breathin stuff is in yr face. diggin the glitch. started to get a little crowded. cool chops and that bass work is going pretty good. Ok big change...doesn't seem to have much low end at all. man im being a critical sob. not feeling second half man. always original, props.

Josh G - had to reach for the volume knob to turn up. I really love this beat, but that guitar sounds out of tune. Very smooth...drums sound great but everything is a little muffly. great track.

2 Mellow - whoa, nice! awesome, organic swing! You did a dope flip on this track! awesome sounds man...after the change the track gets really interesting with that crazy line...it's a little hokey in bits...but did not interupt the nod. The main loop felt repetitive near the end...nice track!

Mozaik - crazy droning thing going on...a little trebly for a drone maybe. i love this ish though. drums sound great, cept maybe the kick rolls. bassline is GROOVE. You start dropping more samples in there...very nice...I like it but def takes away away organic-ness you had going...specially with those stutter bits. Loving it, the drone is too high in mix I'm noticing near the end. Overall though I thought it was dope. Also I realize the electro is part of your stlye.

Areou - volume...sounds good...that lazy sax is cool...The kicks are too low in mix...like the snare although shoulda switched it up a little. Is the beat over? Damn man...ok...slowly starting back up...kinda random sounding TRYING to catch a beat. Dunno I enjoyed it but its draggin on...cool track.

JINESIS - really liked it. the thing that really killed it for me was that looped crowd noise later on in the beat. The track sounds great though. Really nice nod, although I wasn't feeling that repetitive saxin the first minute. Felt much better when that drops out but I know that crowd noise is nearby...yeah there it is. lol...congrats man!

Wig Master - Potted out, yo. Awesome sound...really sig style hitting on all. dope basswork. some serious noodling going on...the beats keeps changing...expected that. awesome chops. I'd love to hear a beat from that 303! WOnder how different it would sound? Great work man, you have a good streak of weeks going!

T!llman - intro was a little long for what it was. drums hit pretty good but not really feeling the programming. pretty stiff yeah. it's pretty good. the chops sound good when you ride them ride a little. just too robotic for my tastes but i respect it.

Outlier - good to have you back...thought you were new to the battles. track sounds pretty good. that walking bass is sounding good. just feels like there is something missing to phatten it up a bit. dunno. i'm enjoying it...your snares/claps keep switchin up, sounds good.

Ok with 10 minutes to go in the vote I'm going with 2 Mellow. shit had that bounce. great work man!

Peace and THANKS for the votes...makes me feel a little better...anyway cmon Sub vote for me it would be a first for ya! HAHAHAHA! Fuggin vote campaigning bastard, am i right?

peace.

EDIT: Lol I knew it another week no vote from Sub..:( haha...just fkckcng with ya man....

#18 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

SubBass: Is the piano of your own creation? the way you used the sample is pretty good, although there's a rogue rimshot in there that throws the beat off. I hate when that happens but hey there's no way to stop it. This elevator sample is bizarre, I've never heard so much talk about the things. This beat is nice and mellow, though, sounds like an interlude, and even so much more since there's idle talking over it, which is what interludes usually contain.

Yeah...the Piano is FL Keys Compressed Piano preset...played on my CASIO (oh yeah) through a MIDI input in FL Studio. But yeah...it's got interlude written all over it...Whenever I cant come up with changes for crap I always say..."oh well...interlude..."

I definitely like this beat, but seems to be driven by the piano melody more than the guitar from the sample -- unless there's some of the O'Jays in here that I am not hearing since I didn't work on that one at all. Like the percussion kicking in and the bouncier bass line, very nice change and nice transition..!! Scanner stuff may go a little too long acapella towards the end and the beat comes in just as it left us, but it's nice so by no means is it a complaint. I too heard the rimshot at the beginning, other than that this beat is completely top-notch..!!

Yeah...I laid out the sample stuff first, but was having trouble bridging it...brought in the piano and it kind of took over...no O'Jays in it at all...trie dto stayu true to the first sample choice...didn't even DL the O'Jays track. As far as the acapella of the scanner stuff near the end, I originally had planned to chop it at some point in the acapella and end it on that note, but I couldn't find anything worth ending on that would be funny or ironic, so I let the rest of the beat from FL stay at the end of the track...originally wasnt gonna drop back in at all. But thanks!

#19 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

Peace and THANKS for the votes...makes me feel a little better...anyway cmon Sub vote for me it would be a first for ya! HAHAHAHA! Fuggin vote campaigning bastard, am i right?

peace.

EDIT: Lol I knew it another week no vote from Sub..:( haha...just fkckcng with ya man....

Hahaha...I've voted for ya before havent I? (memory is shot)

No worries...it's just the subtlety of Outlier's beat and the upright bass had me hooked...could be the cold medicine, but it was nice and spacey for me..lol...

#20 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

I've voted for ya before havent I? (memory is shot)

Nope.

I remember cuz I kinda thought you were like the battle moderator or something from the start. all good, I know someday I will get one...funny shit really. peace.

#21 illadelphi

illadelphi

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

When is the next Beat Battle start?

#22 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

Wig Master - I'd love to hear a beat from that 303! WOnder how different it would sound?

i'll put one up on my page. it's the 2nd one, 'new planet'.
it's the first beat i ever completed (about 2 or 3 years ago)

#23 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

When is the next Beat Battle start?

JINESIS won the battle...so he can start up the thread once he has a sample...if mid-day tomorrow rolls around and we still havent heard from him, it goes to the runner up...

Just host the file on ZShare...

#24 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

i could be out of line here but isn't voting supposed to be limited to people who have been a member for at least a week or 2 (unless they enter a beat)?
if so why did i get 3 myspace bulletins from someone today asking people to come join and vote for him?
not trying to start anything, just wondering if the anonymity of the poll is messing with the results at all...

#25 JINESIS

JINESIS

Beat Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jinesis

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

yona/wig I see you at the next battle and if anything its ok to mention jinesis who post the bulletins.hip hop is about bringin people in to see a new art form or raw beats shout to everyone who put in work I listen to everyone and each of you had your own style.I will past on finding the next sample see everyone friday same bat station lol

#26 illadelphi

illadelphi

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

What is the next sample also where do we get it. Thanks

#27 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:49 AM

i could be out of line here but isn't voting supposed to be limited to people who have been a member for at least a week or 2 (unless they enter a beat)?
if so why did i get 3 myspace bulletins from someone today asking people to come join and vote for him?
not trying to start anything, just wondering if the anonymity of the poll is messing with the results at all...

yeah...big ass co-sign. I say we drop the poll for voting. its cool and everything but this is kinda ridiculous. also no offense to wigs but again someone anonymously dropped a vote for ya well past midnight...I wanted "2nd" place to myself!!!! haha whatever it's just useless whining really. I know wigs is a good sport...what really concerns me is someone with 5k friends on myspace doing the whole vote campaign ish.

I vote to abolish the poll. this does kinda suck cuz it is cool.

thanks again for the votes...i'm gonna post a sample shortly...wigs, post one up man...peace.

#28 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

no hate at all. think it was just a matter of the rules not being clear for newer cats...

jinesis- you should post a sample up too since you won officially (should be cool--we've had 3 samples before)

#29 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,501 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:16 AM

not everyone that votes though puts a comment i voted for jinesis and didnt leave one

just saying

#30 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:25 AM

true indeed. wasn't sure if i was just really high and didn't see the comments or what...

but it seems like i'm getting late votes every week and since they're anonymous it looks like i'm voting for myself. kinda wack

i like the poll system but not the anonymity of it. was better when we knew who was voting for whom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users