• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:59 AM

So, don't ask why, I decided to check out D4L's website to see what those idiots have been up to and I stumbled across this bio of them. It's a serious bio on a group that put out the silliest song in a loooong time.....so, peep it...its pathetic.

When the members of D4L chant, 'betcha can't do it like me,' they're not just talking about those nimble dance moves they demonstrate on stage or about the way they spit out their southern-fried flow. They're talking about their swagger, their hustle, their grind. They're talking about their success and the obstacles they've tackled to get to where they are. They're talking about everything they do and everything they've become.

Formed two years ago, D4L has seemingly appeared out of nowhere to become one of the hottest, most innovative groups to spring forth from the dirty concrete of the ATL.

All representing different Atlanta projects, Fa-bo, Mook-B, Stoney and Shawty Lo all traded in their street hustles to pursue a new kind of hustle: music. 'D4L means down for life,' explains Shawty Lo, who put up his own money to launch the group. 'And that means everything to me. When I put it all together I wanted it to be big. I was doing my thing in the streets illegally. I went and got a couple of guys that I knew had been working for years trying to break into the music business. I put my dollars behind them and put my street flavor to it and that's what made it happen.'

And two years later, D4L is an 'overnight success.'

Boom...respect the Down 4 Lifers....yo.

#2 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

being from atlanta... makes me reminisce about better music..
the early so so def and atliens days.

remember the so so def bass comps?
shit was great! :)

#3 4% earf bodee X

4% earf bodee X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

props to them. glad they made it.

#4 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:17 PM

you can mock them all you want but i bet none of them went to college and there making more money then we ever will. To bad there music blows or id go and support them

#5 Klay Doe

Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:24 PM

:)
Behind most stories of glamour and glitz, theres the grind. Most artists worked hard to get where they are today. Even though they're on some bullshit, the masses like em. I see them being on VH1's One Hit Wonders ina few years though.....

#6 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

pleeease da hell wit they hustle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users