taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:05 AM

Dilla was never on a major label

Janet Jackson wasn't on a major? Q-Tip wasn't on a major?

Dilla produced a shitload of tracks on major labels. Just not solo.

#62 Ralph Wiggum

Ralph Wiggum

One 4 LuvBunz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:02 AM

Wasn't Dilla on MCA, which folded into Geffen?

#63 2 for the better greens

2 for the better greens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:Music that fucks with your brain

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:23 AM

yea this guy definitely is a bitter. He is unoriginal. Come up with your own albulm cover, fuck, dont rip off someone else's because you can't think of anything yourself. That fools lameeeeeeee, fuck that i won't even listen to that shit, wont give it a chance just because the guy is obviously a douche.

Oh and as for the marijuana poster
1) i have heard my hair grow and it wasnt laced with sherm
2) depending on where you live, it IS LEGAL under STATE law, with the right paper work.

im sick of people trying to preach to me about how to live my life. If i want to smoke some dank in a responsible manner that doesn't bother anyone, than whats the big deal??

Don't impose your bullshit on me, fuck off, you can have your 'alcohol', go get drunk, become a douchebag, get in a fight, join a frat, throw up all over yourself, shit your pants, piss your bed, stumble around like you can't walk, pretend like your a pimp because you had a smirnoff ice winecooler and your 'buzzed' in a bar and pick up some cum-guzzling drunk bar-fly meth headed white trash piece of shit low life degenerate bitch that has whored herself out since she was 12. You can have all that but i dont want it

#64 Ralph Wiggum

Ralph Wiggum

One 4 LuvBunz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

im sick of people trying to preach to me about how to live my life. If i want to smoke some dank in a responsible manner that doesn't bother anyone, than whats the big deal??

Don't impose your bullshit on me, fuck off, you can have your 'alcohol', go get drunk, become a douchebag, get in a fight, join a frat, throw up all over yourself, shit your pants, piss your bed, stumble around like you can't walk, pretend like your a pimp because you had a smirnoff ice winecooler and your 'buzzed' in a bar and pick up some cum-guzzling drunk bar-fly meth headed white trash piece of shit low life degenerate bitch that has whored herself out since she was 12. You can have all that but i dont want it

Amen. Living in Texas, people look at me crazy when I tell them I smoke bud, but don't drink Bud. Being high enlightens my mind. Being drunk can make you look like a fucking idiot. I smoked some shwag mixed with popcorn before a journalism competition earlier this year. The comp was on a Friday. That Monday morning, when I got back to school, I found out I placed first. I'm not even tooting my own horn. I'm tooting the horn of marijuana.

#65 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,486 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:35 AM

go get drunk, become a douchebag, get in a fight, join a frat, throw up all over yourself, shit your pants, piss your bed, stumble around like you can't walk, pretend like your a pimp because you had a smirnoff ice winecooler and your 'buzzed' in a bar and pick up some cum-guzzling drunk bar-fly meth headed white trash piece of shit low life degenerate bitch that has whored herself out since she was 12. You can have all that but i dont want it

sounds like last friday night :blink: :P

#66 2 for the better greens

2 for the better greens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

Amen. Living in Texas, people look at me crazy when I tell them I smoke bud, but don't drink Bud. Being high enlightens my mind. Being drunk can make you look like a fucking idiot. I smoked some shwag mixed with popcorn before a journalism competition earlier this year. The comp was on a Friday. That Monday morning, when I got back to school, I found out I placed first. I'm not even tooting my own horn. I'm tooting the horn of marijuana.

I understand. I am not against alcohol or anything, my friends seem to especially like it a lot. But for me, it tastes gross and it makes me feel like shit the next day. Makes me all dehydrated.

When i tell people, yea i dont want to drink, they get all crazy and feel the need to ask me 'why not?' 30 times after i have declined. I just prefer the green bud over the brown bottled bud.

Scwag mixed with popcorn??? I havent heard that one before sounds intriguing, but may i reccomend you get something better than scwag next time? Dont they got medical out in texas??

#67 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,486 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:44 AM

smoking weed is well fuckin hip hop . . . . so ive heard :blink:

#68 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:Beats Teeshirts & MaryJane

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

don't be dismissive... combine the two, in massive doses, it'll make everything spin (...and add some cheap wizz for extra kicks) :blink:

as for this funny lookin cat and his record, my copy of donuts doesn't look anythin like that shit but sesame seed bagels are a good way to make a basic sandwich more interestin for definate.... smoked salmon and brie thats what i'm on about

#69 Ralph Wiggum

Ralph Wiggum

One 4 LuvBunz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

I understand. I am not against alcohol or anything, my friends seem to especially like it a lot. But for me, it tastes gross and it makes me feel like shit the next day. Makes me all dehydrated.

When i tell people, yea i dont want to drink, they get all crazy and feel the need to ask me 'why not?' 30 times after i have declined. I just prefer the green bud over the brown bottled bud.

Scwag mixed with popcorn??? I havent heard that one before sounds intriguing, but may i reccomend you get something better than scwag next time? Dont they got medical out in texas??

As far as the scwag goes, it was a gift courtesy of one of my friends. It was three people toking on a single doobie. I've definitely had much better, but it was free, so... This is great, finally someone who can relate to having people ask him why he doesn't drink. "Please man, just try it once!" Uh...nah. Weed doesn't give me a hangover.

#70 2 for the better greens

2 for the better greens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

As far as the scwag goes, it was a gift courtesy of one of my friends. It was three people toking on a single doobie. I've definitely had much better, but it was free, so... This is great, finally someone who can relate to having people ask him why he doesn't drink. "Please man, just try it once!" Uh...nah. Weed doesn't give me a hangover.

Well I definitely can't argue with free greens, even if it is pop-corn laced schwag. hahaha

The other thing I love is when someone offers me a drink, and i tell them no im ok, would you like some green?

Then they get offended... hahahaha

#71 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:37 PM

How can you guys smoke stress?

I haven't smoked it in 10 years, no lie. Might as well smoke cigarettes cause all it does is give you a headache.

I have a cupboard full of alcohol. It's been there for a couple of years. Shows you how much I drink. If you come over, feel free to ask. I have Henny, Absolut, Kalua, Dark Rum, and more.

I do enjoy a glass of wine or a beer with my meal. Only one, otherwise you lose the health benefits.

#72 Style no. 6273

Style no. 6273

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

smoken them trees at a hundred degrees....

cigarettes have some nasty shit inside of them.

#73 omegaSB

omegaSB

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:the good stuff

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

i won my battle with newports....weed only

#74 Ralph Wiggum

Ralph Wiggum

One 4 LuvBunz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

Well I definitely can't argue with free greens, even if it is pop-corn laced schwag. hahaha

The other thing I love is when someone offers me a drink, and i tell them no im ok, would you like some green?

Then they get offended... hahahaha

My friend, who is 18, goes to these frat parties thrown by some kids who go to school in Dallas. Huge drinkers. Alochol all the time or whatever. He wanted me to go to one and I asked him would there be any weed there. He told me that the guys would flip shit if someone brought weed to the party. But drinking is okay... The sad thing is that some guy got drunk, started trying to pick fights with a bunch of people and ending up getting knocked the fuck out...by a female.

#75 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

you're talking about a dilla wave. i'd be glad to meet a person that listens to dilla. i think i saw two this year. one at a concert and one in the bus wearing a stones throw shirt while i was wearing a dilla shirt which got us to talk. damn thats a huge wave. don't think that this message board is representative for the whole world.

#76 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:56 PM

I permanently quit smoking cigs about a year ago.

But I doubt I'll ever permanently quit that greenery.

#77 catfish and grits

catfish and grits

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

whatever, you tards...it's a gimmick. yall are the dilla dick riders.

#78 Guest_GOYO(Monsta X)_*

Guest_GOYO(Monsta X)_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

My friend, who is 18, goes to these frat parties thrown by some kids who go to school in Dallas. Huge drinkers. Alochol all the time or whatever. He wanted me to go to one and I asked him would there be any weed there. He told me that the guys would flip shit if someone brought weed to the party. But drinking is okay... The sad thing is that some guy got drunk, started trying to pick fights with a bunch of people and ending up getting knocked the fuck out...by a female.

damn i should party more :(

#79 Ralph Wiggum

Ralph Wiggum

One 4 LuvBunz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

Damn, I've been talking about weed and alcohol so much, I forgot about the topic. This certainly is not the first time someone jacked the Donuts cover. There's a mixtape called "Gonuts" by this guy named Koffi or something. It's just him rapping over Donuts, and not very special at that. Anyway, the cover of the CD is off the mark more than the Bagels cover, which probably would make some people happy. It's weird...the Donuts cover was a mere snapshot taken by Jank on the set of MED's "Push" video. Dilla wasn't purposely posing for a picture. This shit is happening over some random moment in time that was caught on camera.

#80 Guest_GOYO(Monsta X)_*

Guest_GOYO(Monsta X)_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

Damn, I've been talking about weed and alcohol so much, I forgot about the topic. This certainly is not the first time someone jacked the Donuts cover. There's a mixtape called "Gonuts" by this guy named Koffi or something. It's just him rapping over Donuts, and not very special at that. Anyway, the cover of the CD is off the mark more than the Bagels cover, which probably would make some people happy. It's weird...the Donuts cover was a mere snapshot taken by Jank on the set of MED's "Push" video. Dilla wasn't purposely posing for a picture. This shit is happening over some random moment in time that was caught on camera.

it kind of looks like he's laughing

#81 2 for the better greens

2 for the better greens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:20 AM

I agree 100 percent

And Bagels is wack, someone else post up that other guy that bit Dilla, I wanna see how wack and stupid that one looks too

#82 Ralph Wiggum

Ralph Wiggum

One 4 LuvBunz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:58 AM

And Bagels is wack, someone else post up that other guy that bit Dilla, I wanna see how wack and stupid that one looks too

Posted Image

Here's the other guy, Kofii.

#83 93 million miles

93 million miles

22's 'for you say: what's dem?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

^^^what, is this serious^^^ i don't know which title is worse

#84 fritzypatzy

fritzypatzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:My beats, your beats, our beats

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

I permanently quit smoking weed about a year ago.

But I doubt i'll ever permanently quit that white and brown ish... :P

No, in fact, I will. On the ... 7th of february ... I see it in my crystal ball. :lol:

About Dude, is it that bad? The cover picture is sure. Don't have the time to listen to more of it. Not THAT bad though.
So many people doing crappier noises.
Wouldn't want to listen to it more than i did though...

#85 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

ooooo thats worse.

people have no creativeness with these, they try to do the same look, same shirt style even! i mean give an homage to it not plagerise.

#86 DeezSteez

DeezSteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

Damn! "Bagels"? That was my idea! Seriously... at one point I thought to myself if I ever make an instrumental beats album to call it Bagels. However, a) it makes sense for me to do it 'cause I'm Jewish, :lol: I wouldn't try to duplicate the cover or anything ridiculous like that, it's all about the title, and c) I wouldn't put it as a "tribute to Dilla" or anything like that. It'd just be a secret message for other Dilla fans. If you know Donuts then you'd get the reference.

I haven't been a fan from the beginning, but a friend of mine had been telling me about Dilla for years. Then one day I'm in the record store and... well, I guess I had heard that he had died, but anyway, there was "The Shining" staring me in the face. I decided I'd finally check out this Dilla dude. And then he changed my life. Well, not my whole life, but he certainly opened my mind to what hip-hop could be, and where boundaries were or weren't when making tunes. It was funny, 'cause I had a split reaction to The Shining - on the one hand, I felt super elated, and was like "YES! Thank god someone is saving hip-hop!", but on the other hand, I felt depressed 'cause I was like "Daaaamn... I might as well pack it in, 'cause no one can do it better..." But then I decided to stick with it anyway, I have my own voice, and after all, Dilla's dead. (Oh stop now, I'm just kidding.)

It's funny though, in the end it turns out I was a Dilla fan all along, and never knew it - I've always been a fan of Tribe, De La, Common, and there's probably more that I don't even know about yet.

But I have no desire to go get a T-shirt.

EDIT (hours later): Lol! I just saw that my "b, parentheses" got turned into a little cool guy. Makes it look like I'm sayin I'm coolin 'cause I'm Jewish. Not what I intended, but f*#% it, I'll roll with that. Hahahaa! Happy Hannukah!

#87 Ralph Wiggum

Ralph Wiggum

One 4 LuvBunz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

It's funny though, in the end it turns out I was a Dilla fan all along, and never knew it - I've always been a fan of Tribe, De La, Common, and there's probably more that I don't even know about yet.

I think that's how it's been for a lot of us.

"Stakes is High"
"Find A Way"
"Breathe and Stop"
"Vivrant Thing"
"Got Till It's Gone"
"Stand to the Side"
"Let's Ride"
"The Light"
"Didn't Cha Know"

I would go to my cousin's house and "Like Water for Chocolate" would be staring me dead in the face. Man, I feel like an idiot.

#88 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:34 PM

DEZO
CHANGED
MY
LIFE

#89 miss stress

miss stress

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image

HAHAHA WTF IS A GONUT?

LMAO@ THESE LAMOS

#90 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

What? Fuck all this, this shit is funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users