Photo
- - - - -

Beat Battle #43 VOTING THREAD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: VOTING POLL (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Whose beat had ya head nod da most?

1. JustAnotherDj (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. The Wig Master (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Tone (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. SubBass49 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Svetnik (0 votes [0.00%])

6. cralias (0 votes [0.00%])

7. mchi (0 votes [0.00%])

8. AeorosolBreath (2 votes [25.00%])

9. theyoungelohim9 (0 votes [0.00%])

10. TKurata (2 votes [25.00%])

11. DeezSteez (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

Ok...another week of dope beats from the ST faithful!

Vote in the poll above and leave feedback below. If you leave feedback you are automatically entered into a drawing for the entire ST catalog on 8-track!* Get in the booth and strap on da 'phones:

JustAnotherDJ
The Wig Master
Tone
SubBass49
Svetnik
cralias
mchi
AeorosolBreath
theyoungelohim9
TKurata
DeezSteez

Make sure to check your links!

Winner is whoever has the most votes at midnight tonight Eastern US time.

Winner has until NOON on Sunday to post up a sample track...if they don't, the runner-up gets to post their sample...and straight on down the line.

Good luck to all and thanks to sera#1 for the dope sample!

*Contest odds: 1:100,000,000,000

#2 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

justanotherdj - love the echoes you put on here, and like you said, a bit too quiet, but still dope nonetheless.

wig master - I am in love with those drums, man, hot fire! kind of a spacey sound to it, sounds pretty good.

tone - very good man, I can see myself listening to this while the sun sets...

subbass - haha, diggin the 'fuck bill' and dillagence samples in the intro...beat's nice, has a laidback/creepy feeling...

svetnik - good chops throughout, a bit too repetitive for my taste, but still pretty hot.

cralias - REALLY like the 'dadada' noise in the background, and the drumbreak...:mellow:

mchi - pretty good one here, intro's the best part IMO. it sounds like it's missing something, though...maybe another drum program would make it more exciting...but that's just my taste.

aeorosolbreath - some dirty effects, my kind of beat, love it.

theyounglohim9 - pretty good one, this is the first one I've heard from you...very well put together.

tkurata - REALLY loving this one, has that stutter-step/all-over-the-place feel to it, very well done. drums are amazing as well. the breakdown near the end is BANANAS!

deezsteez - deesupreme's drums work great on here, has a strange movie score sound to it. :huh:

all of you guys did incredible, but I'm gonna have to vote for...tkurata! he blew me away in the last half of the beat, good work man!

#3 Friies

Friies

STMB Mayonnaise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Interests:music and other stuff

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

same for me, TKurata wins this

#4 JustAnotherDj

JustAnotherDj

noone special

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

oh snap, this is tight, finding it really hard to choose but im settling on
WIG MASTER

kinda hard to put my finger on why but i really like this ones whole feel. think its the way it sort of stumbles along, and soudns kinda.. subtle, i dunno. anyway, like it a lot. peace
(cheers for the feedback DA)

#5 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

JustAnotherDJ - This beat is really out there...the volume is more than just low, though, it sounds like it has an envelope going up and down over the whole thing. It actually sounds fresh but just incomplete...it'd be cool if you could reassemble this into a better mix cuz there's a really dope beat underneath.

The Wig Master - Usual high-quality craziness goin on. The madness sounds like it needs to be reined in just a little. Great sample work though, I don't think many people tried to use vox offa the source. I like your kit but I would like to hear somethin a little different in future beats..I'm a fan of all your work...

Tone - I hope you stick around these boards for a long time cuz I always look forward to hearing your stuff. You know how to loop, man. Great structure as always, nice bassline, sampled vox work good. The change up is super dope, lovin the second part alot! One of my faves...

SubBass49 - I looove the intro...you brought ish full circle with those dillagence samples. I really like this beat! The drums are soundin like a nice change from your usual bangers, good to hear that variation. It's got that creeping feel...like the fuzzed out bass! Good job man!

Svetnik - Cool intro...intro vox are maybe a little too dirty. Anyway..............ok there's the drums. Hittin hard, man! That kick is niiice. Good loops! I do feel like there is something missing...and that's because it's so dope I'm looking for that completeness...maybe it's because the "bassline" is one note. Anyway the mix is great, this would sound nice in my car. Awesome/

cralias - That chopped melody is great...oh quick change, that bass walk is cooool. Loving the variation and the guitar samples. A little somethin extra on the kit would be nice to hear. Overall great work though man I'm liking all your beats.

mchi - The intro is interesting...kinda creepy. That loop works pretty good, nice drums! Lot's of dope changes goin on...I like how the beat evolves constantly. Good job man!

AeorosolBreath - I'm a huge AeorosolBreath fan...I gotta say it. I love this beat...awesome bounce to it, got my head noddin somethin fierce! Love your filters, they smooth this out so it's got this awesome floating feel to it. (Like alot of your ish) This needs to be played loud in my car, for real. Great bassline, one of my faves here.

theyoungelohim9 - Like I was sayin, your work gets better every week. Alway fun to listen to your beats. The vox sample is pretty funny shit. Nice chopping, good drums! Good work man. Looking forward to hearing your stuff!

DeezSteez - This is some sparse ish...I'm liking the drums...those reverse fades are soundin good. There's some LFE ish going on later but mainly not much of a bassline to glue this together...oh wait there it is. It takes a little too long to come together. I do like the evolution though, by the end it sounds all kinds of dope. Good job!

There was a lot of variation in these beats, I think everyone did great work. It's hard for me to choose, but I think I will have to vote for AeorosolBreath. I can't argue with the nod of my head...

Thanks alot for the feedback and votes!! I really appreciate it!

#6 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:12 PM

Aint got time for full reviews this time, but...

Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy...can't you see...sometimes your beats just hypnotize me....lol...you got my vote cat.

TK in second, and Aeorosol in third IMHO.

#7 JustAnotherDj

JustAnotherDj

noone special

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:18 PM

JustAnotherDJ - This beat is really out there...the volume is more than just low, though, it sounds like it has an envelope going up and down over the whole thing. It actually sounds fresh but just incomplete...it'd be cool if you could reassemble this into a better mix cuz there's a really dope beat underneath.

thanks man, yeah i agree with that, used my last cd-r at the wrrrrrong time! definatly need to sort out my mastering techniques, working out glitches and stuff, got kinda impatient with it!

thanks man, thats really constructive commentry so much appreciated! :mellow:

#8 I-FLIP

I-FLIP

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Beats<br />Food<br />Video games (shooters)<br />Women

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:53 PM

my vote goes to deez steez, the beat has a nice hip hop feel to it... Everyone did good though.

Oh let me intrduce myself... I'm I-Flip and i joined this forum looking for some beat battles, too bad i missed #43, but i'll be sure to take part on #44

www.myspace.com/spunkygenius

#9 JustAnotherDj

JustAnotherDj

noone special

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

hey man, welcome! just so you know, the board has had some posts deleated, so the voting was actaully closed. TKurata took it, (well done man) Wigmaster close behind.... (me third, jsut wanted to drop that in because my votes have dissapeared! I GOT 3! HONEST! :P ) anyway, check out the # 44 thread if thats survived!

#10 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

hey man, welcome! just so you know, the board has had some posts deleated, so the voting was actaully closed. TKurata took it, (well done man) Wigmaster close behind.... (me third, jsut wanted to drop that in because my votes have dissapeared! I GOT 3! HONEST! :lol: ) anyway, check out the # 44 thread if thats survived!

LOL, yeah, JustAnotherDJ did get three votes...good job man, it took me like 4 or 5 battles to get one lousy vote...

Again, it sucks that very dope beats get zero votes sometimes cuz hardly anyone votes...I wish more people from the boards (who supposedly care so much about underground hip hop, if you will) would jump on here and listen to these beats. If you can't make the time, just listen to 30 seconds of each beat until something grabs ya. Throw down a vote if your ears light up.

What if PBW came on here and listened to the beats, or the winning beats or something? Surely he's a little curious...

Anyway welcome to the battles I-FLIP I listened to your music on myspace and read your story. Good to have ya here, I like your beats! They are smooth...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users