53 replies to this topic

#31 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

Dude, your god IS A SICK FUCK...read the bible before believing in that shit.

woah, cmon man. i'm with grizz on this one. you're entitled to your own opinion, just like everyone else. but you really dont need to be sayin all that. uncool.....

i <3 Dudley :huh:

#32 The Clown

The Clown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:39 PM

woah, cmon man. i'm with grizz on this one. you're entitled to your own opinion, just like everyone else. but you really dont need to be sayin all that. uncool.....
i <3 Dudley :huh:

Sorry, that's how I feel. I don't take any of that back. SO many people claim to be "Christians" without even reading the bible. If you pick it up and read it, I think you will completely agree with me. Do you want more verses? After reading some of the ones I've posted, how can you not agree with me that the christian god is, indeed, repulsive? He had a well-documented feces fetish, as I can quote. Please read before believing. That's the only point I want to get across I guess.

Yeah Dudley's sweet though. If there was a Jesus, it must've been his ancestor!

#33 Brother of Inertia

Brother of Inertia

ΩΩΩΩ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

clown, you keep sayin "the christian god" and "your god," but you do believe in A GOD, right? cause this world wouldn't really make sense without one. at least that's kinda how i feel.

#34 The Clown

The Clown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:52 PM

clown, you keep sayin "the christian god" and "your god," but you do believe in A GOD, right? cause this world wouldn't really make sense without one. at least that's kinda how i feel.

No, I don't believe in a god. Not one. The statistical probablility of a god existing is MUCH lower than a god not existing. It's what they call the "Ultimate Boeing 747" principle: people say the odds of the universe just forming out of nowhere is about the same as a boeing 747 plane being put together after a tornado went through a scrapyard. seems unlikely. and it certainly is. Yet, by claiming that a god did it, we're taking a step backwards. By claiming that a god made the universe, it just begs us to ask: who made god? Thus, if such a god exists and has the power and ability to create the universe, then that's saying that God is the ULTIMATE 747 in the scrapyard. If god designed everything, then he too must be designed. And if the probablitity of the the 747 being formed is practically zero, then the probablity of a god being formed is even lower.

Logic is a beautiful thing, people.

In summary, don't just say that god created everything without telling me where god came from. And "he was always there" just doesnt make sense people...let's use our heads. That's the cop-out of faith.

#35 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:43 PM

I was gonna write a big paragraph and then I deleted it because I thought about it no matter what I say or how much I say it doesn't matter

Religion is based on FREE WILL whether you chose to believe or not is up too you.

#36 Brother of Inertia

Brother of Inertia

ΩΩΩΩ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

but that's the thing about logic: it's all statistically speaking. you're taking this from what we know as human beings. but do we know all there is to know? since when did people know everything? there have been phenomena that have occured that have yet to be scientifically explained. we might be able discover the answers to some of them in the future, but some may still remain a mystery.

yes, there is the whole enigmatic question of "if god created the world than who created god," but maybe there's more to it than that, something that we as humans can't even comprehend. there are so many things in this universe that we do not understand, some of them we may never understand.

is there a god? i don't know. where will i go when i die? i don't know. do i have a soul? i don't know. is there extraterrestrial life?.......... probably. i'm not the one to answer any of these questions.

but that's where religion comes in: religion is group of common ideas. and i think it's rediculous that throughout history countless people have died just because they had different ideas than another group of people. because that's all they are: ideas. i don't really strictly follow any one of them (even though i go to a catholic school). instead i just look at them as different ways of life.

but if you were to ask me, i would say yes, there is a god. i can feel his presence everyday. in life, good people, bad people, nature, dreams, love, laughing, crying, the laws of physics, space, time, matter, mathematics, art, literature, but most of all, music.

by the way, clown i got two personal questions for you:

1. do you live in pennsylvania?

2. were you ever on a debate team of any kind?

Religion is based on FREE WILL whether you chose to believe or not is up too you.

well said.

#37 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:22 PM

i am not a religous our necesarrly for organized religion but

clown sounds like the Posted Image of atheism

and pat robertson = Posted Image

#38 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:28 AM

what the fuck are you all talking about you crazy fucks! :huh: "cos i gotta have faith a faith a faith ah"

bring back jesus with the afro

#39 The Clown

The Clown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:59 AM

we might be able discover the answers to some of them in the future, but some may still remain a mystery.

But that's the point I'm trying to make: just because we don't know the answer now, doesn't mean we have to say a god did it. This is what we call the Worship of Gaps. Believers tend to find gaps in scientific knowledge: presently, we don't where the universe's intial material came from. So God did it. A few thousand years ago, we didn't understand thunderstorms. So God did it. Do you see where I'm coming from? I choose not to believe in a higher being; humans are very egocentric in that regard. We think there's an imaginary man in the sky, who can see and hear what we do and even what we think about doing. And he's here just for us, for our salvation to protect us!!! We're very spoiled here in America, we have such a twisted few of what life is. There are 3 billion people living without shelter, food, water, and clothes everday; a tsunami killed 2 million last year; we don't see this, but thank God for that raise we got. We just don't see the world for what it is.

As for the questions:
1) No, but close - I'm in New York (Rochester)
2) Nope, never been on a debate team. I don't want to make creationists look silly.

#40 kurtis

kurtis

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:59 AM

i just heard conversations with dudley...
yeah he got a lil jesus in him...lol

#41 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

we might be able discover the answers to some of them in the future, but some may still remain a mystery.

But that's the point I'm trying to make: just because we don't know the answer now, doesn't mean we have to say a god did it. This is what we call the Worship of Gaps. Believers tend to find gaps in scientific knowledge: presently, we don't where the universe's intial material came from. So God did it. A few thousand years ago, we didn't understand thunderstorms. So God did it. Do you see where I'm coming from? I choose not to believe in a higher being; humans are very egocentric in that regard. We think there's an imaginary man in the sky, who can see and hear what we do and even what we think about doing. And he's here just for us, for our salvation to protect us!!! We're very spoiled here in America, we have such a twisted few of what life is. There are 3 billion people living without shelter, food, water, and clothes everday; a tsunami killed 2 million last year; we don't see this, but thank God for that raise we got. We just don't see the world for what it is.

As for the questions:
2) Nope, never been on a debate team. I don't want to make creationists look silly.

i have a question,do you have a girlfriend? if not get one NOW!!

#42 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

i have a question,do you have a girlfriend? if not get one NOW!!

:P

#43 Brother of Inertia

Brother of Inertia

ΩΩΩΩ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:54 AM

As for the questions:

yeah i was just wondering cause we had to watch this debate one time and this one kid mentioned the flying spaghetti monster in space thing. is that from something?

#44 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:06 PM

For one thing "Clown", you dont know me or anything about me to say that I dont read the Bible. Also you should say "I think", or "I believe that" before you state something as being fact.

I think that you are foul Saying the words you say. If your beliefs make you say things like that then I want nothing to do with it. The Christian life is a good way to live. Shouting out blasphemous statements like that is not using wisdom. Street corner evangelists shouting "turn or burn" doesn't save anyone. If anything it turns people off and gives people a bad idea about Christianity. So if you are trying to stear people to believe what you believe, you are going about it wrong.

I will pray that God would reveal Himself to you in an awesome way.

BTW when I said "God saved me from certain death" I did not mean physically.

#45 The Clown

The Clown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:59 PM

BTW when I said "God saved me from certain death" I did not mean physically.
[/quote]

Well God sure as hell didn't save those tsunami victims spirtitually. By the way, how do you explain the tsunami? It sure is a great way to live a christian life, having all of your oppositions wiped out by a catastrophe, including unborn fetuses, teachers, doctors...

And yes, I have a VERY HOT girlfriend. Too bad I'm not christian, then I could wait until marriage for sex!!!

Atheism promotes peace, tolerance, and free-thinking. Religion is blindly following something that clearly promotes bigotry, slavery, violence, and sexual abuse. Is it worth it?

#46 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

Look dude, I'm sorry you feel that way. Like I said... I will pray for you and have already.

About the tsunami victims, I dont know. Who am I to question God. It is not for me to understand.

And about all those old testament verses you quoted... I dont know about those either. But I do know that in the New Testament God sent Jesus to free us from the bondage of sin and immorality by grace. That is a beautiful thing.

Also keep in mind that when you make those comments about Christianity, you not only offend Christians, but also Jews and Muslims as we all have the same God.

You can check my myspace page to see more of what I'm about... peace

#47 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

No, I don't believe in a god. Not one. The statistical probablility of a god existing is MUCH lower than a god not existing. It's what they call the "Ultimate Boeing 747" principle: people say the odds of the universe just forming out of nowhere is about the same as a boeing 747 plane being put together after a tornado went through a scrapyard. seems unlikely. and it certainly is. Yet, by claiming that a god did it, we're taking a step backwards. By claiming that a god made the universe, it just begs us to ask: who made god? Thus, if such a god exists and has the power and ability to create the universe, then that's saying that God is the ULTIMATE 747 in the scrapyard. If god designed everything, then he too must be designed. And if the probablitity of the the 747 being formed is practically zero, then the probablity of a god being formed is even lower.

Logic is a beautiful thing, people.

In summary, don't just say that god created everything without telling me where god came from. And "he was always there" just doesnt make sense people...let's use our heads. That's the cop-out of faith.

Yo...
You Into Philosophy?

Thomas Aquinas Had a Theory About God...

Everything On this Earth Has a Cause
EVERYTHING
Any Thing That Is Must Have Been Caused By Something

However, It Is Impossible to Go Back to Infinity Of Causes
So There Must Be a First Cause
The Uncaused First Cause
Which Many Refer to as "God"

#48 Kuraden

Kuraden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

#49 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:07 PM

LOL!!!

#50 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:52 PM

everyone has a right to there own opinion and most likely feels strongly about it. so rather then arguing and insulting everyone elses opinion lets just agree to disagree and respect peoples opinion

#51 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:22 PM

And yes, I have a VERY HOT girlfriend. Too bad I'm not christian, then I could wait until marriage for sex!!!

lol, i had a feeling it was going to be a response like. good for you man, i'm single right now and needing some feminine attention!

Atheism promotes peace, tolerance, and free-thinking. Religion is blindly following something that clearly promotes bigotry, slavery, violence, and sexual abuse. Is it worth it?

like i said before, i believe in God. however, i fully agree with this statement. i'm for gay marriage, pro-choice, pretty much a textbook liberal. some atheists ask me why i believe in God, and some hardcore conservatives ask me how i can believe in God and still maintain all those principals. I could honestly give a damn about what either side says because faith is what you make it.

whatever, i'm over this.....

#52 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:46 AM

i dont believe you :mellow:

#53 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

well the fact that someone boasts that there girlfriend is VERY HOT on the internet dosnt have much credibility...pics or stfu?

#54 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:35 AM

well the fact that someone boasts that there girlfriend is VERY HOT on the internet dosnt have much credibility...pics or stfu?

:D exactly!!!

word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users