shoot somebody needs to wake us up!

#2 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

jesus was black the first time around so perhaps your saying dudley is the second coming

#3 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,515 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:25 AM

who told you that? nas?

#4 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:29 AM

no, scientists :blink:

75% of the people living in that area at that time where either black or middle eastern

#5 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:38 AM

i dont doubt for a second that jesus had dark skin but i dont buy into him being black,nas be watching the historyy channel way too much :blink:

#6 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:45 AM

jesus had an afro dude...an afro

:blink: :D :D

#7 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:59 AM

can we get an image of jesus rocking an afro asap please? ;)

#8 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:44 PM

workinonit ;)

#9 dub_g

dub_g

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:23 PM

maybe that can be his next release...

moving from the fonk to the gospel tip :P

:rolleyes:

#10 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

i used to play in a band that had a song about how jesus discovered funk and that the only way to salvation was to get down. i think we'd be a lot more peaceful if that had actually happened......

#11 dub_g

dub_g

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

kdubs..what band were you in?

i'm from chicago....

i remember you mentioning nw side burritos..from ?

i like gallo bravo near montrose & kedzie

did you catch percee p this year @ the abbey or empty bottle?

or edan @ the empty bottle twice? (he's coming back november 4th with cut chemist)

i got burned on that supposed oh no show @ the morseland
we went there and i knew somthing wasn't quite right
we walked right in
no money at the door

it was a release party for sombody..copperpot or tone b nimble - i cant remember
longshot was there...
i was talking with the kid promoting the show -
i say "wheres oh no"
"uhhh... he's on oxnard getting high"

i wanted to slap his face.

said oh no wanted too much money

we bounced and stood outside the abbey for 30 minutes listening to the end of kool kieths set - should have never missed it.

oh no was posted on the stones throw events page w/ no cancelations

i figured kool kieth would be a bust (($20) really no big deal) - there were just tons of local opening acts
opening up

instead it was the other way around

i feel bad cuz i talked my homies out of kool kieth..

daedelus is playin this week also...

then saturday - metro

#12 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

can we get an image of jesus rocking an afro asap please? :D

Posted Image

I hope I don't go to hell......

#13 kurtis

kurtis

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:23 AM

GOOG GOD!!

#14 Kuraden

Kuraden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

So....Jesus is Gil Scott Heron?
Fair enough.

#15 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:10 AM

nah he dont have a crack pipe in his hand

#16 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:22 AM

Posted Image

I hope I don't go to hell......

B) :lol:

#17 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:36 AM

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#18 Kuraden

Kuraden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:56 AM

ba-ZING!

#19 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

jesus was black the first time around so perhaps your saying dudley is the second coming

Jesus Christ was Jewish. Dont get it twisted. To say he was black is ignorant. The Bible says that His hair was like wool, that doesn't mean he was black. Jews have hair like wool too. Quit listening to what you heard on a BDP Live tape.

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You people need to have a little reverence

#20 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:42 PM

all i know is that currrency pays the rent....... ;)

#21 The Clown

The Clown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:38 AM

I think everyone here has it twisted. Jesus and his cult, I mean followers, sprang up much like the modern-day "cargo cults" of New Guinea. There are about 50 known cults, all separate and unknown to each other. In this sense, they provide an outstanding testament to how religions form.

Of course, it is impossible to disprove god, but in the same sense that it is impossible to disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster and fairies. Faith is just believing in something that you know is false. It's a cop out. There is tremendous scientific support for a Darwinian purpose of religion - mematics is a relatively new and complex, yet elegent field being pursued by scientists. We, as humans, have been brought up on religion through the centuries...but within a few millenia, we'll look back at God and Jesus like we do at Zeus, Poseiden, Hermes, Achilles, etc. like we do today...as made-up tales.

We're all atheists. You don't believe in Allah, Buddah, or Zeus, do you? I just take it one god further.

We need to wake up. When we have religion dictating the politics and individual rights of this nation, we need to wake up.

Nothing against Dudley, though. I don't see any religious tone to his music. I think he's just really in touch with himself, emotionally and spiritually. But I don't see religion when I hear his music. I just here peace.

By the way, has anyone here actually read the bible?

"But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you” (Isaiah 36:12)

“If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart. Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it” (Malachi 2:2-3).

WTF??? I could go on forever.

#22 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:41 AM

yeah what he said :)

#23 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:36 AM

Faith is just believing in something that you know is false. It's a cop out.

As long as people have faith in something/someone(whether they can see them or not) that makes live justly in this world and they don't force their beliefs on anyone then I'm all for it.

It's when people use their religion to cause harm on soceity/ shove it down your throat then it becomes a problem.

#24 The Clown

The Clown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

It's when people use their religion to cause harm on soceity/ shove it down your throat then it becomes a problem.
[/quote]

Why do people worship this feces-obsessed fuck? The Christian god is a sick fuck if you read the bible. I could write a book about all the sick shit that guy supposedly did. Eating children and feces?

This is what is shaping our laws in America. Gays can't marry. Abortions can't be performed, stem cell research is a no-go? Seriously, what the FUCK are these people thinking?

#25 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:59 PM

Dude you need to tone it down. I cant believe that you would say my God is a sick ____! I am a Christian and I love my God with all of my heart and I know that he is real because I am a living testimony of His goodness and mercy. He saved me from certain death with the lifestyle I was living before I knew him. If it wasn't for Him I would not have my wife and kids.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for. Dont try to steal that from people with your logic. Faith is the enemy of logic and faith is all some people have and is all that keeps some of us going.

I dont try to force my religion on anybody. I am not even religious, although I am a Christian. Its 2 different things. I have a relationship with my God and I am saved by grace not religion.

All you have to do is believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and you will be saved. Its as simple as that and that is the good news about Jesus Christ.

#26 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:36 PM

Religion started because of fear, what happens when i die? oh well dont be afraid because if your good you go to a magical place. i agree with you completly clown, as much as people want to press there religion on me all i can think is that its completely illogical if only people stopped worrying about being alone and started using common sense

#27 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

Dont take this the wrong way but you are just ignorant to the gospel and you might be judging Christianity by what you see on TV and by people who offended you that were Christian. Please dont make the mistake of judging a faith by those who fall short. The Bible says that all will fall short of the glory all God. It is the sinful nature that we are all born into. Its up to us if we want to except His grace on our lives or not.

#28 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:39 PM

an attempt to cool this convo down

hey cocoa, nice signature! lol. i'm glad someone appreciated that. keep it up there, spread the good word!

no offense to ya blee, i'm a christian too. sounds like you and i have a similar story.

#29 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:05 PM

This is what is shaping our laws in America. Gays can't marry. Abortions can't be performed, stem cell research is a no-go? Seriously, what the FUCK are these people thinking?

i'll cosign with that point at least. there is some seriously ignorant shit going on in washington on account o' jesus. the kinda ol' redneck shit thats gonna have to be removed before science and society can advance. but really dude why be so offensive? you know christians be readin' this. i mean, you do have the right n all, but what purpose you trynna serve?

#30 The Clown

The Clown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:10 PM

with your logic

Wow, that pretty much sums it up. I'm glad that you were "saved" from certain death while 2 million people died during the tsunami last year. God certainly is selective! Oh, and if you still don't think your god is sick, I've gone through the liberty of finding more quotes from the bible:

"And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...." (II Kings 6:28-29)

"If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart. Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it." (Malachi 2:2-3)

Dude, your god IS A SICK FUCK...read the bible before believing in that shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users