#33 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Watching the A-Team.

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

Had to finish the beat today, along with an 8 page paper. I'm going out of town until Saturday, so I'm going to have to turn my beat in early.

http://www.myspace.com/upperbasement

#34 DeezSteez

DeezSteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:13 PM

Ended up doing a track using the "San Diego" parts (and others) since I'm a San Diego native.

Heh, the instant I heard "San Diego" in the song I had the same idea... Haven't started this one yet though 'cause I spent the weekend and yesterday working on TK's 4 sample challenge. Now I'm all the way back home in D.C. for the holiday, so I 'm probably out of this one too...

#35 TKurata

TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

Heh, the instant I heard "San Diego" in the song I had the same idea... Haven't started this one yet though 'cause I spent the weekend and yesterday working on TK's 4 sample challenge. Now I'm all the way back home in D.C. for the holiday, so I 'm probably out of this one too...

Yo Deez that's cool yr still trying to make a beat outta dem samples from last week. Can't wait to hear what ya came up with. I am doing a mix of Battle #39 and will def put yr track on there...I am actually just waiting for one person from #39 to submit their track so I can mix this shit...it is gonna be a sick mix, I've been bumping ya'lls ish in my ride. Dope-ness.

I haven't started this week's yet but I hope to enter something on Friday...so good to see new life in these battles...

#36 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

I'll do this one
haven't listened to the sample yet I'm just trying to get motivated again with production.
Third beat this week after a month off.

#37 Guest_Drella._*

Guest_Drella._*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:13 PM

Finished. :D

#38 godzilla

godzilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

I just finished mine. I'm interested to see how I stand up against all you new cats.

#39 LUK

LUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

About finished.

Should be done tonight.

#40 Collosal

Collosal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

i just finished

#41 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:47 PM

F**k, all I've come up with so far is this dance track, and I got tons of other stuff to do.
We'll see if I get something done, otherwise I might just put you on to that house vibe :(

#42 monokkel

monokkel

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:34 PM

Almost ready

But still some work :)

I love the track

#43 Guest_Drella._*

Guest_Drella._*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:21 PM

My beat. Third track, called "STMB Beat Battle 40."

#44 godzilla

godzilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:37 AM

california

#45 sera#1

sera#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:13 AM

Numero 40

#46 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:21 AM

You don't have to download.....it's streaming.

#47 AeorosolBreath

AeorosolBreath

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, books, art, drugs, stuff...

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:30 AM

cartoons and cable tv (stmb40)

#48 Areou

Areou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:....well yes music
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/areou

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:04 AM

hey i don't know the rules or if i can even join in but i followed this link off my buddies myspace page and i said ooooo snap this looks like fun so anyways here is my attempt

http://www.myspace.com/areou

it's the song called cali 2 dcity

#49 Collosal

Collosal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:31 AM

Just simply STMB 40

#50 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

Heres Mine : STMB 40

to Bill C: sorry dude i havent managed to find the madlib worldwide mix yet, wasnt on the computer afterall :o so that means its backed up to dvd somewhere....ive looked through about 15 discs so far and no luck yet, ill be sure to shout you when i find it.

#51 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

Bill: Cool, cool, no rush :D

Anyways, I'm short of time so I have to go with the one I finished earlier this week.
House Hop

#52 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

San Diego Flow

Featuring vocal samples from Anti-Citizens - "America's Finest" and an intro sample from one of the Homegrown albums (San Diego unsigned artists singing about San Diego...put out on vinyl back in the 70s & 80s).

Enjoy.

#53 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

Heres Mine : STMB 40
to Bill C: sorry dude i havent managed to find the madlib worldwide mix yet, wasnt on the computer afterall :o so that means its backed up to dvd somewhere....ive looked through about 15 discs so far and no luck yet, ill be sure to shout you when i find it.

hey bill c i have that on the old hard drive. wont be at home till next week tho but i could send u it about wednesday?

#54 soleil

soleil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

hi there, I made 2 variations of this sample, none of them reaching 1 minute in length, so I put them together. Count the secord part for the competition, please.

#55 LUK

LUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

Yoyo!

Cali and back

#56 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

hey bill c i have that on the old hard drive. wont be at home till next week tho but i could send u it about wednesday?

Sounds terrific! *insert thumbs up smiley here* :blink:

#57 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

OK folks...here's my reviews...all these are typed AS I LISTEN to the beats...so if they're a bit rambling, oh well. I try to give both positive and negative feedback...guess that's the teacher in me...

Cuba 140 - Used the same part of the original that probably everyone else used (I know I did)..sounds off-beat to me...maybe I'm wrong...is it not 4-4 time? Hmmm...having a hard time gettin' into it...maybe try switching up the hats? I dunno...would have liked some more variations to it...but then again, I have the same problem with my stuff 9 times outta 10.

Dialog - Nice start...kicks sound flatter than what I usually dig...like the snares...good chopping...could have used some bass...like a nice soft sine wav...overall nice stuff though.

JayRed - Nice stuff...like the start...overplaying the 1-2-3'd sample though...gets a bit tiring...also sounds like it goes off-key as the notes fade out, but I'm pretty sure that's the sample itself...more variations would have helped...or at least a clear hook/verse pattern...imho of course.

Drella. - Nice! someone used a different section from the sample track! Whew...like the short chops ya used...would have enjoyed some bassline work though to mix it up...maybe a nice 32 beat bassline with some low-down bass...not feelin' the end though...

Godzilla - Already diggin' this...intro has me in it...a little lo-fi for my usual taste...but it's working...nice bassline sampling...feels like an interlude...not sure if the change-up fits it well...sounds like a transition to another song on a mixtape or something...

Sera#1 - Interesting samples so far...was that Ahnold? A little jumbled sounding right now though...hard to get into with a decent head-nod...I can hear elements of a dope beat under it, but all the reverbed samples are too overpowering...now it's mellowed a bit more...nice bass work...hmmm...kinda undecided about this one.

Big Ern - Like the approach so far...intro a bit long...when the pause came in I was expecting a full-on beat to jump in, but it didnt...nice change up though...interlude vibe...

Aeorosol Breath - Nice vibe...borderline Portishead sound at the start...good stuff...so far my favorite...like the slow-flow...nice drum changeups...

Areou - Intro so far...nice take on the beat...so far interesting...high energy...nice drum work...like the bass sample...good use of the sample track so far...very high quality stuff...could probably benefit from some mastering...

Collosal - WOAH! High energy...yikes...scary so far...that's one AGGRO beat...hard to get into because it's so jarring...even though it's not my cup of tea it's good for what it is though...

Bill - Cool start so far...excellent bassline work...nice pro sound...bassline is excellent...cant stress that enough...really accents the beat well...up there with my favorites this round...

Bill Collector - Feel like I should have some glowsticks...jk...not quite house though...kicks aren't steady enough yet at least...not really my vibe...

Soleil - Interesting intro...different on a lot of levels so far...real spacey...but then again, that's the first part...as for the second part...nice stuff so far...feelin the vibe...like the fluttering snares...too short though!

LUK - Not really feelin the chorus or whatever filter that is on the sample so far...nice chops once the beat kicks in...but I think it would have benefitted from some less-defined kick samples...maybe downtuned kicks? Like where it's going though...could be a really cool beat with a few minor tweaks.

#58 ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

subbass you pretty much raped this shit

#59 sera#1

sera#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:26 PM

OK folks...here's my reviews...all these are typed AS I LISTEN to the beats...so if they're a bit rambling, oh well. I try to give both positive and negative feedback...guess that's the teacher in me...

Cuba 140 - Used the same part of the original that probably everyone else used (I know I did)..sounds off-beat to me...maybe I'm wrong...is it not 4-4 time? Hmmm...having a hard time gettin' into it...maybe try switching up the hats? I dunno...would have liked some more variations to it...but then again, I have the same problem with my stuff 9 times outta 10.

Dialog - Nice start...kicks sound flatter than what I usually dig...like the snares...good chopping...could have used some bass...like a nice soft sine wav...overall nice stuff though.

JayRed - Nice stuff...like the start...overplaying the 1-2-3'd sample though...gets a bit tiring...also sounds like it goes off-key as the notes fade out, but I'm pretty sure that's the sample itself...more variations would have helped...or at least a clear hook/verse pattern...imho of course.

Drella. - Nice! someone used a different section from the sample track! Whew...like the short chops ya used...would have enjoyed some bassline work though to mix it up...maybe a nice 32 beat bassline with some low-down bass...not feelin' the end though...

Godzilla - Already diggin' this...intro has me in it...a little lo-fi for my usual taste...but it's working...nice bassline sampling...feels like an interlude...not sure if the change-up fits it well...sounds like a transition to another song on a mixtape or something...

Sera#1 - Interesting samples so far...was that Ahnold? A little jumbled sounding right now though...hard to get into with a decent head-nod...I can hear elements of a dope beat under it, but all the reverbed samples are too overpowering...now it's mellowed a bit more...nice bass work...hmmm...kinda undecided about this one.

Big Ern - Like the approach so far...intro a bit long...when the pause came in I was expecting a full-on beat to jump in, but it didnt...nice change up though...interlude vibe...

Aeorosol Breath - Nice vibe...borderline Portishead sound at the start...good stuff...so far my favorite...like the slow-flow...nice drum changeups...

Areou - Intro so far...nice take on the beat...so far interesting...high energy...nice drum work...like the bass sample...good use of the sample track so far...very high quality stuff...could probably benefit from some mastering...

Collosal - WOAH! High energy...yikes...scary so far...that's one AGGRO beat...hard to get into because it's so jarring...even though it's not my cup of tea it's good for what it is though...

Bill - Cool start so far...excellent bassline work...nice pro sound...bassline is excellent...cant stress that enough...really accents the beat well...up there with my favorites this round...

Bill Collector - Feel like I should have some glowsticks...jk...not quite house though...kicks aren't steady enough yet at least...not really my vibe...

Soleil - Interesting intro...different on a lot of levels so far...real spacey...but then again, that's the first part...as for the second part...nice stuff so far...feelin the vibe...like the fluttering snares...too short though!

LUK - Not really feelin the chorus or whatever filter that is on the sample so far...nice chops once the beat kicks in...but I think it would have benefitted from some less-defined kick samples...maybe downtuned kicks? Like where it's going though...could be a really cool beat with a few minor tweaks.

yeah, that's ahnold, since the original is called california,well.........................

anyways, i like your reviews.

#60 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

subbass you pretty much raped this shit

;) Hoping that's a good thing... :blink:
lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users