#31 00Genesis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/00genesis

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

View PostSubBass49, on Nov 7 2007, 05:43 PM, said:

No knock against this track Bill, but it's got so little variation, and the stuff that is there is tough to sample up...lot of vocal overlaps...tough loops...gonna take a lot of synth work to make it work with what I'm doing...hope that's OK.

Anyone who uses FL Studio have suggestions on ways to stretch short (talkin' < 1 second here) cuts & samples into longer, more useful notes and playable synths? I've tried runnin' stuff through the slicer, but it always sounds so crappy and grainy.

Use edison...usually the slicer works though

#32 soleil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:04 PM

alright i think i'am late with this one, although the clock displays 23:57 in East Europe :blink:
I'm currently recording my beat, so it will be available on myspace pretty soon.

cheers

#33 ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:12 PM

damnnn, im loving jayred's
and quasquasquas !

#34 SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

View Postsoleil, on Nov 9 2007, 03:04 PM, said:

alright i think i'am late with this one, although the clock displays 23:57 in East Europe :blink:
I'm currently recording my beat, so it will be available on myspace pretty soon.

cheers

You're OK...it's still Friday in the USA...lol

#35 DeezSteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

Alright, here we go...

I have this week's and last week's posted... Last week I was gonna bail on it, but on Friday I started hearing all the submissions and I got mad inspired, so I grabbed the sample and banged something out over last weekend, posted it on Monday. That one's called "The Truth." I'm actually kinda happy with it. The truth is at the end...

This week's... phew, tough sample to work with. I ended up with a kinda catchy groove, but it doesn't really go anywhere, and I don't even know if you could call it hip-hop, it sounds a bit jungly to me. Bass doesn't drop until like 1:20. But there you go... "In Your Eye." (More fun than a sharp stick...? Oh yes!)

listen here

Also, my big disclaimer is that I recently moved, and I'm not working on the same setup I'm used to, so the mixes may be a little off. C'est la vie.

#36 soleil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

View PostDeezSteez, on Nov 10 2007, 12:20 AM, said:

Alright, here we go...

I have this week's and last week's posted... Last week I was gonna bail on it, but on Friday I started hearing all the submissions and I got mad inspired, so I grabbed the sample and banged something out over last weekend, posted it on Monday. That one's called "The Truth." I'm actually kinda happy with it. The truth is at the end...

This week's... phew, tough sample to work with. I ended up with a kinda catchy groove, but it doesn't really go anywhere, and I don't even know if you could call it hip-hop, it sounds a bit jungly to me. Bass doesn't drop until like 1:20. But there you go... "In Your Eye." (More fun than a sharp stick...? Oh yes!)

listen here

Also, my big disclaimer is that I recently moved, and I'm not working on the same setup I'm used to, so the mixes may be a little off. C'est la vie.

lovin it :blink:

#37 SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:50 PM

View PostDeezSteez, on Nov 9 2007, 03:20 PM, said:

Alright, here we go...

listen here

DOPE shit...lovin it!!

#38 Tone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

I love the synth in the background quas! Very nice. Also on a side note I'm really liking your beats on your myspace page especially a la.

#39 Tone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

Subbass thats some righteous dub man!

#40 Tone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

http://www.box.net/shared/j1pqv2n1en

in three movements

#41 TKurata

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

11:30 on the East Coast of the U. S. and A. I'm back with some crazy sounds. I used the sample song + drum kit only. Hope you enjoy:

TKurata - Back Lit Beat
http://www.myspace.com/tkurata

I have listened to all but the last couple, and I have to say Subbass and A-Breath have it for me so far. I will listen a few more times tomorrow before voting...another great turnout, I'm lovin all the music, nice!

:blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#42 DeezSteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

Ok so here's a bunch of comments... I hope I don't offend anybody, it's all supposed to be constructive, right? Anyway it's just one man's opinion...

Josh G - Dope. I really like how smoothed out it gets with the filters.

jayred - Also great. Nice flippage, and I'm really digging the swing of it.

Subbass - The synths sound awesome, one actually sounds like Tuvan/Mongolian throat singing. I thought the mix was a little too bottom heavy, on my stereo the bass and kick were overpowering the mix.

theyoungelohim - Well, to me it felt like it was all over the place, like you didn't know what to do with the sample so you just did a little bit of everything. The part that jumped out at me was the little section with the strings, from 0:19-0:28 and 1:27-1:36. I wanted to hear more of that, with a little more beat behind it.

BigErn - Totally diggin the way this one moves, that's a hot rhythm. But I want to say the sounds could be a little tighter, somehow? They're good sounds, there's just something that sounds sonically loose about the mix, I don't really know how to describe it.

AerosolBreath - Not crap. That's a fun, bouncy groove.

quasquasquas - All around super dope. I especially like how the flute goes.

soleil - I'm loving the change into, through and out of the chorus part. But when the beat first came in, I thought it was too loud in the mix, until I heard the change and the other samples came in louder. So I guess what I really wanted was to hear the sample loop in the beginning louder in the mix...

Tone - Really liked the second movement.

TKurata - Cool... Loving all the intertwining melodies. Maybe a little bit of a bottom heavy mix.

#43 theyoungelohim9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:39 PM

View PostDeezSteez, on Nov 9 2007, 09:17 PM, said:

Ok so here's a bunch of comments... I hope I don't offend anybody, it's all supposed to be constructive, right? Anyway it's just one man's opinion...

Josh G - Dope. I really like how smoothed out it gets with the filters.

jayred - Also great. Nice flippage, and I'm really digging the swing of it.

Subbass - The synths sound awesome, one actually sounds like Tuvan/Mongolian throat singing. I thought the mix was a little too bottom heavy, on my stereo the bass and kick were overpowering the mix.

theyoungelohim - Well, to me it felt like it was all over the place, like you didn't know what to do with the sample so you just did a little bit of everything. The part that jumped out at me was the little section with the strings, from 0:19-0:28 and 1:27-1:36. I wanted to hear more of that, with a little more beat behind it.

BigErn - Totally diggin the way this one moves, that's a hot rhythm. But I want to say the sounds could be a little tighter, somehow? They're good sounds, there's just something that sounds sonically loose about the mix, I don't really know how to describe it.

AerosolBreath - Not crap. That's a fun, bouncy groove.

quasquasquas - All around super dope. I especially like how the flute goes.

soleil - I'm loving the change into, through and out of the chorus part. But when the beat first came in, I thought it was too loud in the mix, until I heard the change and the other samples came in louder. So I guess what I really wanted was to hear the sample loop in the beginning louder in the mix...

Tone - Really liked the second movement.

TKurata - Cool... Loving all the intertwining melodies. Maybe a little bit of a bottom heavy mix.

thanks. i appreciate the comment. thoses sections that you liked I did too, but i didn't want to just live off them. i wanted to have variation but it didn't pan out that way. but hey...lol but i definitely appreciate the comment.

#44 The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:02 AM

late, but here:
Skies Falling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users