6 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:34 AM

Something I did with a bunch of friends for fun, we're trying to start our own indie film company. This was a practice peice, to get everyone comfortable with filmmaking since no one involved really had any previous experience except for myself. Pure renegade filmmaking, real locations, no permits, no script.

It's broken up into 3 parts, check it out and let me know what you think.........

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=duhXuldPsqc

#2 MF1000

MF1000

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

Nice Job, the last part was my favorite

#3 AeorosolBreath

AeorosolBreath

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, books, art, drugs, stuff...

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:25 PM

pretty cool... the lightning could be a bit better but the camera angles were dope...

what was karl marx doin in part 2 ? :lol:

at the moment i'm doin an improvised short for fun, too ...but we're a bit lazy with shooting...
plus i write a screenplay for my own full lenght feature which i am going to shoot next year during autumn...

#4 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:03 PM

what was karl marx doin in part 2 ? :P
at the moment i'm doin an improvised short for fun, too ...but we're a bit lazy with shooting...
plus i write a screenplay for my own full lenght feature which i am going to shoot next year during autumn...

I used those images to demonstrate that the Russian dude was from the old country before the fall of communism.

Good luck with your projects, I'm interested to hear what they are about.......

#5 AeorosolBreath

AeorosolBreath

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, books, art, drugs, stuff...

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:27 PM

I used those images to demonstrate that the Russian dude was from the old country before the fall of communism.

Good luck with your projects, I'm interested to hear what they are about.......

the improvised short is inspired by le samourai and it's a neo-noir about a perfectionist hitman who fails and is shot down by the people who hired him, we've got only a few scenes shot, it's for fun so we got a lot of time...

the one i'm writing a screenplay for is going to be a crime-movie too (mostly inspired by takeshi kitanos movies) but it has many different aspects and storys combined... basically it's about a guy who's hired by a femme fatale to kill the mobsters who killed her brother. at the beginning of the story it seems like the main character is a ruthless hitman only lookin for a few bucks but it turns out that he's not doin it for the money but for his own revenge while the mysterious woman who hired him has the money her brother stole from those mobsters and she's afraid they're going to find her... it's pretty dark and fatalistic... i hope it turns out to be dope...

#6 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:14 AM

inspired by le samourai

(mostly inspired by takeshi kitanos movies)

They both sound great, I love the inspiration choices. My short was mainly inspired by 70's Italian Crime flicks, especially this one: http://imdb.com/title/tt0067134/ and of course the whole slicing of the apple was inspired by the Lone Wolf & Cub movies.......

#7 Guest_GOYO(Monsta X)_*

Guest_GOYO(Monsta X)_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

keep it up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users