• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kruttyranks

kruttyranks

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

what up, i know i posted about this a while ago but i wanted to hear from the dad's out there, my little guy just turned 2 last week. i taught him how to say "daddy's records" so now everytime he goes to bed he say's "nite nite daddy's records" damn i love that!!!!!!!!
i bring him into my little studio and give him a crate of stuff and he pulls out what he wants to hear, he loves to put his thomas the train guy's on the record and let it spin around. he also likes the sound of the needle scrathcing accross the record (not in the good way!!)
anyway hope yall are takin' care of the seeds and teachin' em' about this hip-hop ish, there all we got left.
get at me
much love to the fathers out there doin' it right

word up

ps: no father mc pic's this time, i can't handle that dude anymore ;)

#2 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:07 PM

what up, i know i posted about this a while ago but i wanted to hear from the dad's out there, my little guy just turned 2 last week. i taught him how to say "daddy's records" so now everytime he goes to bed he say's "nite nite daddy's records" damn i love that!!!!!!!!
i bring him into my little studio and give him a crate of stuff and he pulls out what he wants to hear, he loves to put his thomas the train guy's on the record and let it spin around. he also likes the sound of the needle scrathcing accross the record (not in the good way!!)
anyway hope yall are takin' care of the seeds and teachin' em' about this hip-hop ish, there all we got left.
get at me
much love to the fathers out there doin' it right

word up

ps: no father mc pic's this time, i can't handle that dude anymore ;)

just like I said last time this came up, I gotta god-daugheter. I gotta go get her some savings bonds... damn I've been slacking.

#3 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, DRums, Art, Xbox 360

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:59 AM

i had a close call last week.....girl didn't have her peiod...took the pregnancy test and negative.....word up.

#4 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:31 AM

My boy Dave Black out in Greenville has a son named Van, dude is like 2 and a half now.

When we'd have late night sessions in his lab at the house, we'd all take turns checking on Van when he was crying or whatever. He was cool as hell.

Sometimes, when the little dude refused to go to sleep, Dave would take him into the lab and just turn everything on (MPC, Turntables, SP) and just hold him over all the equipment and let him go to town; he'd go nuts, hitting pads, moving records back and forth and all that. He'd just go nuts. The crazt thing is right around the time that he could walk, the kid could actually pound out a decent rythm on the MPC...nothing special but he could actually keep tempo it was so cool.

Plus, we taught him to hold up a finger when you say one love....so you could say "hey Van...one" and he'd kinda lean back and hold up a finger...like he was the shit...man the kid is going to be a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia by the time he is 5....we even had him watching vintage "YO MTV RAPS" stuff in between baby einsteins....the kid loves hip-hop....just like his dad.

#5 Operatore

Operatore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:39 AM

Proud father over here.

I have a 7 year old daughter, and i'm very invovled in her upbringing, matter of fact just last night i joined her schools PTA. My daughter is into all that "radio hiphop" but she does like some songs by Dilla and YNQ. I try to hip her to as much game as i can when i have her. She likes the internet, her iPod, her toys and dancing. She says she doesn't like to go digging with me but she always finds some records she'll think i'll like. It's a struggle but i would not change it for the world.

Peace to the dads that take care of business.

#6 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:54 AM

Father here 6 year old beautiful daughter. Unfortunately its a "Springer" of a story but she will be in my life real soon.

#7 Planet €urope

Planet €urope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

Not yet but I am working on it

#8 4% earf bodee X

4% earf bodee X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:11 PM

i had a close call last week

you? I have close calls all the time. Not only would I have some kid to tote around, but no drinking for 9 months? Naw son. Maybe I should stop drinking then the close calls would stop...nahhh

lol@me drinking right now about to drunk dial

#9 Astro Black

Astro Black

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:19 AM

Vinyl Warning:

I have two kids at 12 & 5, when my eldest was about 6 he went through a period of sleep walking he used to come down stairs go in the kitchen and just appear when we didnt expect it. Anyway about this time I had all my records on the floor as we where getting ready to move, anyway the bad kid did his sleep walking thing and ended up taking a piss on my records........................................I nearly had a cardiac!

#10 kruttyranks

kruttyranks

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:15 AM

you? I have close calls all the time. Not only would I have some kid to tote around, but no drinking for 9 months? Naw son. Maybe I should stop drinking then the close calls would stop...nahhh
lol@me drinking right now about to drunk dial

LOL, that's some funny, scary ish right there. my son picks up wack records and say's "poo poo"
but one time he picked up a gangstarr record and said "poo poo" i had to straighted him out, now he picks it up and say's "primo dope"

word up

one love to all the fathers out there takin' care of the seeds

#11 Terrorricks

Terrorricks

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:10 AM

I have a 8 year old son. .....when he was 3 he'd always want to hear T.R.O.Y & STRAIGHTEN IT OUT I had to have those on repeat ...but thats cool cause you never get tired of those songs..if you do you just don't like HIP HOP. ,, but yeah it was any PeteRock & CL alomg with OC's- M.U.G lil man was on point withthe beat. ...Recently he had a Talent Show at his school and told me he wanted to BREAKDANCE i'm like what ALRIGHT lets go get you some vids so you can see how its done..so i picked up THE FRESHEST KIDS ..he was like WOW.... so hopefully this is the beginning of his intro to the HIP HOP CULTURE...ima let him be..don't force your kids to like anything , let it come naturally.........I have this HUge collection (over 500) of HIP HOP CD's from mid 80's to present day....i always tell him when you get a little older and have some responsibility ALL these CD's are yours. ..........he just smiles........DOES HE HAVE A MASTER PLAN? Hhhhhhhhmmmmm!!!

#12 Intelx

Intelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:59 AM

I'm a proud father to a 1 month old baby girl! Never experienced true love until I experienced the love of my child! Big up to all the fathers holding it down. Bless...

Intelx

#13 T-Bear One8III

T-Bear One8III

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:hip-hop and spinnin wax

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:10 AM

i have a 4 month old son. when he first came home i snuk him in my room and played him some special herbs and dilla's donuts. sad part about it is, now hes getting older and he dosent want to be in the lab past 10 or 15 minutes no matter whats playing. but last week i had him watching hip hop honors and that quick video series that fab 5 freddy did. he loves it when i beat box, so im sure he'll come around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users