• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:09 AM

I just finished making my first mix, its horrible, but all I have is traktor dj 3 and my macook, no controller or anything. Was wondering what you guys use to upload it, its pretty big tho over 100mb ;)

#2 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:Beats Teeshirts & MaryJane

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:29 AM

haha all my mixes are shit. ;)
if you're lookin for a good site to host them (wasn't sure what you meant) I highly recommend ZSHARE or even getting yourself setup with a MYSPACE

#3 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:09 AM

I forgot I had sorenson squeeze so ill have it up soon

#4 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:26 AM

mix 1.mp3 - 11.13MB

#5 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

any opinions would be ill so start hatin

i've had the program for about a day, using my track pad nd no other controllers.

#6 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:56 PM

said file couldnt be found, i use divshare, can take awhile to upload but its simple and has worked great so far.

#7 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

hmm Ill post another link, heres my second mix.. still sucks ;)

2007-10-24_23h24m0128k.mp3 - 7.28MB

#8 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:02 PM

hmm Ill post another link, heres my second mix.. still sucks ;)
2007-10-24_23h24m0128k.mp3 - 7.28MB

;)
you shouldnt say your mixes suck before anyone has heard them...

#9 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:24 PM

does the second one work? Ill post the first one up soon

#10 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

mix 1.mp3 - 11.13MB

#11 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:45 AM

all I have is traktor dj 3 and my macook, no controller or anything.

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TURNTABLES!?!?!? :(

#12 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:49 AM

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TURNTABLES!?!?!? :D

oh right, is this just a software mix? hmm.. :(

#13 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:21 AM

oh right, is this just a software mix? hmm.. :(

yeah thats precisley why I aint listenin to it!
in fact from here on in I boycott computer generated mixes, anyone joinin me?

#14 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:42 AM

yeah thats precisley why I aint listenin to it!
in fact from here on in I boycott computer generated mixes, anyone joinin me?

awwaaaa you poor thing :) , i mean if you wanna buy me decks Id be more then happy to have them, or maybe if I ate 1 less fish and chips a week id have the money in no time

#15 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:51 PM

awwaaaa you poor thing :lol: , i mean if you wanna buy me decks Id be more then happy to have them, or maybe if I ate 1 less fish and chips a week id have the money in no time

how about i rob and buy myself some new kicks instead? ;)
my point is if you were into music, or at least hiphop, you shoulda had turntables long before you got yourself a macbook and some monkey shit.....

anyway, not gettin aggy over this, but i got point don't I?

...and any fuckin way, hows some fella from New York chattin about some fish n chips? you ain't got no harry ramsden.

#16 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

my point is I dont have to have turntables to love hip hop and try to mix, I did good in school and got a macbook and all my books through my college as part of a scholarship. Call it monkey shit, but you gotta make due with what you have, what was i going to do buy one tech12 for the time being, or buy a program i can learn to mix with, that takes up no more room then my laptop does. All in due time Ill have some decks, but rite now its not gunna happen

#17 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:05 PM

my point is I dont have to have turntables to love hip hop and try to mix, I did good in school and got a macbook and all my books through my college as part of a scholarship. Call it monkey shit, but you gotta make due with what you have, what was i going to do buy one tech12 for the time being, or buy a program i can learn to mix with, that takes up no more room then my laptop does. All in due time Ill have some decks, but rite now its not gunna happen

alright, now explain the fish n chips ting? ;)

#18 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

no idea, I thought your post about not mixing on tables was rubbish, and I saw you were from the uk, all I could remember about the uk when i went there was the fish nd chips, so thats all the ammo I had

Dont get me wrong If I could I would have tables, or atleast not sold my tech two years ago. but you gotta make due with what you have. I love hip hop, and was skeptical about traktor, but im not going to not mix becuase I cant get tables.

#19 edru

edru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:26 PM

I dont think anything is wrong with computer mixes as long as the "DJ" (using that lightly here) makes note that its a computer mix and not some turntable shit.

I know a lot of heads that go and make mixtapes and try to be a secretive as they can when it comes to letting people know its abelton or acid.

#20 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:29 AM

no idea, I thought your post about not mixing on tables was rubbish, and I saw you were from the uk, all I could remember about the uk when i went there was the fish nd chips, so thats all the ammo I had
Dont get me wrong If I could I would have tables, or atleast not sold my tech two years ago. but you gotta make due with what you have. I love hip hop, and was skeptical about traktor, but im not going to not mix becuase I cant get tables.

yo maybe i had too much to drink last night :( got on my high horse a bit much. maybe I'm lairy cause secretly I want a macbook ( and some new kicks), but I spent all my wages on fast food again...

I should learn to keep my righteous opinions to myself sometimes ey?

actually in retrospect it was quite nice to have a little beef over t'internet! Anyone fancy a message board war?

#21 Nerd

Nerd

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:01 AM

yeah i'll beef with you.
analog vs. digital?

#22 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

yeah i'll beef with you.
analog vs. digital?

RRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :mellow: :angry:

ANALOGUE!!!!!! everytime!!!!
you need that soul that digital don't have, digitals too perfect, clean and nice, we want to feel that warmth and crunch... BOOM BAP!
this goes for everything...
film over digi camera
video over dvd
records over cd
i could go on....

#23 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:23 AM

Damn.. I guess I should ditch my kick and strap one of these to my back

Posted Image

#24 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

Posted Image

yeaaaaah bwwoooooyyy thats what I'm talkin bout, dunno what the fuck it is but it looks like good times.
when I was at university, I did all my essays on this...

Posted Image

#25 edru

edru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:45 AM

---

yeaaaaah bwwoooooyyy thats what I'm talkin bout, dunno what the fuck it is but it looks like good times.

its a phone

my cell phone
Posted Image

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??? Goooooooooood.

I actually like a combination of the two. If i had the choice (more like money) id do everything digital until the final mixdown and then go to tape.

Digital - Friendly as hell but a bit like being at the dentists office - a bit toooooo clean.
Analog - All the warmth and feels like home, but just not as cheap and easy.

#26 edru

edru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:52 AM

RRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH :lol: :angry:
ANALOGUE!!!!!! everytime!!!!
you need that soul that digital don't have, digitals too perfect, clean and nice, we want to feel that warmth and crunch... BOOM BAP!
this goes for everything...
film over digi camera
video over dvd
records over cd
i could go on....

First off video is on DVD, im pretty sure you meant film..

But think about it, is there really a reason to do film anymore? Its expensive, and everything you film gets compressed down to dvd, thus nullin film quality. Even compressing to HD, compresses film.

I agree analog is better quality, but theres also ease of use to think of. Thats why fools rock iPods. The quality is worse than CD, but its way more convienent to have 10000 songs iwth you than maybe 50.

Hell i think digital cameras (still image) are gettin to the point where they are better than film now...

eventually they will figure out some "analog" algorithm and itll be cool...or maybe they have. Anyone try out DigDesign Reel Tape Suite yet?

#27 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:15 AM

In the battle of analogue vs digital, VHS will never win over DVD:
I'm so happy VHS is finally dead. I don't even have a VHS-player anymore.

#28 Grandmaster Mighty White

Grandmaster Mighty White

borderline schizo....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:34 AM

First off video is on DVD, im pretty sure you meant film..

alright if your gonna get technical I meant Video Tapes...

But think about it, is there really a reason to do film anymore? Its expensive, and everything you film gets compressed down to dvd, thus nullin film quality. Even compressing to HD, compresses film.

IT LOOKS SO MUCH NICER, MOVIES NOT MADE WITH IN FILM TEND TO LOOK PLASTIC AND CHEAP AND TACKY.
and if its too expensive then just pay them talentless hollywood actors less money, but make a better lookin motion picture! Easy solution-- edit offline, and don't compress it down but duplicate/print it to tape.

I agree analog is better quality, but theres also ease of use to think of. Thats why fools rock iPods. The quality is worse than CD, but its way more convienent to have 10000 songs iwth you than maybe 50.

laziness and complacency are the very things that are sending the western world to the dogs.... no one gives a shit anymore. people want conviency, easy of use and everythings got be cheap: whereas with music, cinema, art etc. it should be all about the content, and quality. And with all this mp3 shite, talented musicians who deserve to live off music can't because a) the markets so flooded with cheap nasty pap creatively produced by A&R men in suits and b- theres no fuckin money in it cause people aren't gonna buy a CD or record when they can't get it for free or a fraction of the price. IPODS ARE THE BIGGEST MARKETING SCAM I EVER SAW... EVERY FUCKER HAS ONE, SHEEP!! SHEEP!!

Hell i think digital cameras (still image) are gettin to the point where they are better than film now...

naw, I've never been able to take a photo that looks as warm and deep and has such soft nice colours with a digital camera as my Canon Eos takes every fuckin time. And playing about exposing/developing/printin photos is so good and interestin, sittin behind a computer just doesn't touch it....

anyway I'm late for work now! PEACE

#29 edru

edru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

IT LOOKS SO MUCH NICER, MOVIES NOT MADE WITH IN FILM TEND TO LOOK PLASTIC AND CHEAP AND TACKY.
and if its too expensive then just pay them talentless hollywood actors less money, but make a better lookin motion picture! Easy solution-- edit offline, and don't compress it down but duplicate/print it to tape.

Not if done right. There are things like "cinelook" which get that "plastic" look away. Dont compare the handhelds or even the 3ccd cameras to hollywood digital, very different. 28 days later doesnt look like plastic, a tad grainy due to effect. Once upon a time in mexico was all digital too. And comparing 80 dollars on digi tapes, versus the 80,000 that you would spend of countless feet of film.. please theres no contest there. And eventually it will end up on DVD, BlueRay, HD-DVD and thats still going to get compressed.

no one gives a shit anymore. people want conviency, easy of use and everythings got be cheap: whereas with music, cinema, art etc. it should be all about the content, and quality. And with all this mp3 shite, talented musicians who deserve to live off music can't because a) the markets so flooded with cheap nasty pap creatively produced by A&R men in suits and b- theres no fuckin money in it cause people aren't gonna buy a CD or record when they can't get it for free or a fraction of the price. IPODS ARE THE BIGGEST MARKETING SCAM I EVER SAW... EVERY FUCKER HAS ONE, SHEEP!! SHEEP!!

Really? A Scam? Please, it just sounds like you are some PC ELITEST (yes i use a PC, not a mac). Name ONE, i say ONE, media player, thats as easy use, and has the the capacity, at the same price? please tell me because id like to know. All the other ones i see are removable media (and the mem sticks are not cheap. Try to get 80 GB worth of compact flash cards and tell me how much it is.) I agree that convience sadly over kills cocntent, but thats just generalization man. And thats not what kills the music scene here and blacks out realy music, its the labels man. The labels control everything thats on MTV and Radio. Dont blame convience. And i think its the best of both worlds. I assume you never use drum machines or samples, because thats convient. You just play every single instrument? Fuck recording to protools, thats too easy, lets just always record straight to wax, its too convient to beable to mix after you record. Why not do it live?

naw, I've never been able to take a photo that looks as warm and deep and has such soft nice colours with a digital camera as my Canon Eos takes every fuckin time. And playing about exposing/developing/printin photos is so good and interestin, sittin behind a computer just doesn't touch it....

Do you have a high quality sony camera? Not some pocket cam shit? My friend has a sony top of the line digi cam, was roughly 1000 dollars, shoots lasers and shit to adjust its settings for light levels and shit. IMO it looks a LOT cleaner than film. (then again ive never really fucked with film cameras of that calibur either)

#30 djrome

djrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:35 PM

just think of it this way, are most people still rockin cars with no power steering and a fuckin a trak? No, because technology changes. You dont hear people with bmws getting screamed at to remember the roots and were the car came from. I know its different with music, but you just have to accept that people using cdjs or software are in the game the same way you are, with the same love for music, but using different technology. you can say its easier, but that doesnt mean its going to sound good. I had a mpc1k a few years back, motif rack, logic pro, synths ect.. and I heard another kid in my school was into makin shit, so i was talking to em, turned out he had frooty loops and a keyboard and an old ass deck. I thought in the back of my mind that this kid aint shit, for the fact that hes using fruity loops and a keyboard haha. but the next day he brought me in a cd of some of his stuff, it sounded pretty good, I was shocked. getting caught up in the hype of saying that cdj's and software is wack compared to turntables is bullshit. Its all about the love for the music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users