33 replies to this topic

#1 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:22 PM

This board blows. Its become more of a hip hop expertise contest rather then intelligent perspectives, statements, opinions, questions, inquiries, etc...
Can I get a witness!

#2 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:40 PM

?????????

i don't get it... Isn't this board meant to talk about muzak be it positve or negative statements?

#3 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:45 PM

Ok, let me rephrase.

Its become more of a hip hop expertise contest rather then intelligent perspectives, statements, opinions, questions, inquiries, etc...

I guess what I mean is there is always some wannabe hip hop expert who trys to put you down for your opinion or statement due to their inflated hip hop expertise ego.

BTW... I'm sippin on an Estancia Pinot right now that is not bad at all.

#4 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image

#5 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

TD Jakes in the House!

#6 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

TD Jakes in the House!

I swear he was a rapper in his former life.....is it me or do some of those preacher/televangilist act like they are in a Lil Jon video?

I'm sorry to fuck the post up but you said can I get a witness....I had too do it

#7 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

LOL, yeah TD Jakes can get a little crazy. I've watched him a couple of times.

But please dont judge Christianity from what you see on TV.

#8 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:34 PM

I Feel You

So Lets Turn It Into a Board Where We Just Talk Shit About all the New Members and Remenisce Of Old Times When We Could Talk About Music

Why Do You Post These Threads?

#9 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:37 PM

But please dont judge Christianity from what you see on TV.

I spend roughly 12 years of my life in both a Christian and Catholic school.........

#10 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, DRums, Art, Xbox 360

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:45 PM

ouch...

#11 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

This board blows. Its become more of a hip hop expertise contest rather then intelligent perspectives, statements, opinions, questions, inquiries, etc...
Can I get a witness!

some of them dont bother me, the sample questions only pop up every so often and its easy to play around with those. but questions and all that are cool, i mean when i was a new guy on the old board (damn that sounds lame everytime) i learned some good things and its always cool to help a guy or gal out.

*checks ID and releases is only 21*

to young for yall. later.

#12 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,508 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:17 AM

fuck im nearly ready to qualify for the 30 and up board :blink:

only posted here a few times since its changed up read a few topics here and there but sumthin aint right

#13 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:41 AM

fuck im nearly ready to qualify for the 30 and up board huh.gif

only posted here a few times since its changed up read a few topics here and there but sumthin aint right

Yeah, same here. I'll be 30 in Febuary.

#14 Planet €urope

Planet €urope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:52 AM

Im already 32 but thats no problem for me. I was growing up with Hip Hop and thats cool. I think GZA, Rakim, Premo, Pete Rock, Dre and all the Pioners are around 40 nowadayz and Rap is a serious music, at least in my eyes. So I dont mind talking with younger people about that.

#15 thecleaner

thecleaner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Making beats, records, drums, video games, skateboarding

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:55 PM

oh good. Planet's at where I'm at. I thought I might be clockin' in as the oldest old timer 'round here. <_<

I don't know what everyone's getting to so uppity about with the state of hip-hop these days. I started breakin' in '84. I loved it then and I love it now. There are tons of new releases each week I cop--So I'm not afraid about its future----Sure, there's WAAAYYYY more garbage out there nowadays. Let the sheep have at it. It's not hip-hop. Whatever state I'm in, hip-hop is always there for me. And you too. Relax.

Oh and by the way, I don't even really know what I was trying to say there. I took the day off work and have been smokin' some Hoooooweeee all afternoon. Apologies.

#16 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:08 PM

Good point! Do you remember the early 90's when there was so much good ish to listen to. Nowadays, it doesn't compare.

I was so blown away by De La's latest album when it came out, because "The Grind Date" is just as dope if not doper then some of their earliest stuff. And for some cats that have been in the game for the better part of 20 years, that says alot. They never changed up their style and they basically kept the same formula. "The Grind Date" reminds me alot of "Stakes is High". Longevity baby...

#17 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:16 PM

to be honest i really dont give a fuck about any new hip hop releases no more i think iv just lost the passion for it,after recenly breaking up with my girlfriend i debated selling all my equipment and just trying to get a decent job but fuck it i enjoy it,still not even looked at my mpc for over a month though <_< i dont think il take to being 30 very well but im sure il get over it i have no choice after all

oh and as for whoever mentioned pete rock,primo being in their 40's hip hop is their job! not like they gonna go start stacking shelves in a supermarket,my point being is when your broke at a certain age making beats takes a backseat and life takes over

#18 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

I'm under 25 (22) but I remember in the early 90s to mid nineties, that was like heaven. I could listen to the radio for hours and they played real music all day. Around that time in my life I was going through some family problems and hip hop was like therapy for me.

#19 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:32 PM

For all you old folks (like me) : If you have VH1 Soul they are playing crazy old school videos now. I just saw "In the Ghetto" by Too $hort followed by "Scenario" by ATCQ. I feel like it's Yo! Mtv Raps all over again ... except it's not after school and I'm not eating Cool Ranch Doritos !!! Pop in the VCR Tape !!!

#20 kruttyranks

kruttyranks

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

word, i turn 30 on sunday and i've been into this ish for a long time, i guess the best way to look at it is, who cares what everone else is doing, do what you like and that's it. i love this stuff man
but i do see what yall are sayin' bout the younger dudes, so mabey i have no idea what i'm talkin' about. i know i pissed off some people on this board with some dumb ass questions but i got a lot of info that helped me get to where i want to be (much thanks)

word up

#21 Planet €urope

Planet €urope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:34 AM

Of course had Hip Hop music his golden age in the 90s. Anyway the musik is still deveoping and a lot of good stuff is released recently. Thats why whe "oldies" can still listen to that music. But if we would only listen to the stuff we heared back in the days, we would not be better than the people who listen only to 80s music because that was their time.
Another point, from personal experience I can say that a decent job and listening to hip hop as a grown man fits perfectly together. You dont have to listen to classical music to be succesfull at work, even if you are a lawyer. But sometimes you just shouldnt mention that you were listening to "fuck the police" when you are driving to court. ;)

#22 Toya?

Toya?

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:14 AM

But sometimes you just shouldnt mention that you were listening to "fuck the police" when you are driving to court. :P

I'd do it, I swear I'd do it, but I wouldn't say it ;)

#23 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

for it,after recenly breaking up with my girlfriend i debated selling all my equipment and just trying to get a decent job but fuck it i enjoy it,still not even looked at my mpc for over a month though

;) AWWWWWWW SHAKEY... Sorry to hear that

.KEEP YOUR HEAD UP
Posted Image

#24 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:57 AM

thanks mistress,shit happens! :blink:

#25 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:37 AM

I Think That Some People Are Looking At this the Wrong Way
I Don't Think It Is So Much That The Music Now Days Is Garbage
Just Not Our Cup Of Tea
You Know What I Mean

I Think That The Music One Grew Up With Will Always Be The Best Music To That Certain Person
Listening to It Brings Back Memories

It's The Same with Every Generation
Like One Of My Uncles, My Uncle Joe, He Was a Guitar Genius And He Loved Music
But If I Put On a Hip Hop CD He Would Call It Garbage
And I Know It Is Him Just Being Bitter About Things Not Lasting Forever
He won't Even Pick Up a Guitar Anymore Because He Feels Like If He Can't Play The Way He Used to He Doesn't Want to Play

In 20 Years From Now There Will Be A Bunch Of Weird Ass Music Coming Out
And Kids Who Grew Up Listning to The Paul Wall and Chamillionaire Will Be Like "Damn This Music Sucks, Remember the 2000's?"

But History Usually Repeats Itself So Just Be Glad When You See Others Pulling Influence From Their Forefathers.

My 2 Cents

#26 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:50 AM

I Think That Some People Are Looking At this the Wrong Way
I Don't Think It Is So Much That The Music Now Days Is Garbage
Just Not Our Cup Of Tea
You Know What I Mean

true true.

ill listen to say...a wu tang album, and my parents will say its garbage but if i put on led zeppelin IV they wont say anything. they grew up on that rock and i grew up on hip hop. cant change their minds.

#27 Snit

Snit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:lampin

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

i'm 34 bitches *BB'YYAAAAaaawww... .. where i work at now is ill.. got a cat that just turned 21 and he plays more illy shit than me sometimes.. walk in and this cat got on Organized.. Eric B & Rakim.. EPMD.. homeboy be doin indian burns.. shit like that.. *yo, i'm at work with this shit blastin??*

i agree with whatever music you "woke up" to will always be your shit. still see buttrock cats in denim jean jackets with the Megadeth patches and dumb long hair like "WHAT?!!!" @ the mall sometimes.. i'm like: "oh shit man.. they still make you?" .. same as there are still jazz cats out there making "real deal" jazz shit . .

sheeeeeeit . .. .. whatever . .

*BB'YYAAAAaaawww...

#28 Sol ah

Sol ah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:20 AM

People in my generation, im 19, and they think they are more hip hop than others when they have an ipod full of mp3's...To me hip hop is about being different and trying not to be hip hop...I mean look back then, there were so many artist and so many different styles, and it was ALL hip hop....Be different kids...Dont just listen to hip hop, listen to punk, funk, rock, reggae, jazz.....i do....

#29 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:25 AM

I'm sick of music I came up with. That shit is old. I consantly need new flavors to quench my thirst..

#30 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:54 AM

People in my generation, im 19, and they think they are more hip hop than others when they have an ipod full of mp3's...To me hip hop is about being different and trying not to be hip hop...I mean look back then, there were so many artist and so many different styles, and it was ALL hip hop....Be different kids...Dont just listen to hip hop, listen to punk, funk, rock, reggae, jazz.....i do....

when your 19 most people are still learning about themselves. give them time

I'm sick of music I came up with. That shit is old. I consantly need new flavors to quench my thirst..

for the most part i agree with you... keep it moving... fresh produce is the best!!!! Yet classics will be classics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users