8 replies to this topic

#1 defter

defter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

so I was just thinking about Beat Konducta - I find it pretty consistently dope, very few things I might FF thru..

and it reminded me that I always thought that Ghost would've killed - MURDERED - Stax Strings.

that led me to remember that Ghost and Busta have talked about how they've worked w/Madlib on some tracks.. my question is, WHERE ARE THEY??? what happened to those tracks?

too bad Stones Throw couldn't get those for a record or something, or some crazy series of 7-inches.. could they?

anyway, any insight would be cool, just a random thought.

that is all...

#2 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:31 PM

so I was just thinking about Beat Konducta - I find it pretty consistently dope, very few things I might FF thru..

and it reminded me that I always thought that Ghost would've killed - MURDERED - Stax Strings.

that led me to remember that Ghost and Busta have talked about how they've worked w/Madlib on some tracks.. my question is, WHERE ARE THEY??? what happened to those tracks?

too bad Stones Throw couldn't get those for a record or something, or some crazy series of 7-inches.. could they?

anyway, any insight would be cool, just a random thought.

that is all...

i think the beats you mentioned are the one's he sold to them for their next album....

#3 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

i thought the busta stuff never made the cut for the album

i have heard busta over the one beat originaly from the jaylib bootleg off one of the big bang mixtapes

#4 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

yeah, i would love to hear that...

and to what the guy said about most of Madlib's beats being crap, I agree.
Sometimes your ideas don't pan out and they just sound like s**t. I don't even wanna think about how many beats he has that are unreleased...in the thousands, that's for sure.

#5 defter

defter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:44 PM

urb, nice avvy

interesting. also remember hearing Flipmode Squad over the Starz beat... and VERY interesting, the notion of Rae over Madlib.. where is that stuff, indeed.

Planet €urope, I am thinking specifically of stuff ppl were supposed to have rhymed over - basically finished tracks. ............ :blink: but check yer Beat Konducta fadat. don't hear Ghost's voice sampled on it, tho, don't think...

Edit: Oh SNAP. Where'd Urb's post go? and Planet's??

quick tangent here - any one else think that the material released on Busta's lead-up mixtapes is better than a lot of the Big Bang album material? See 'Psycho' (great Dilla beat, first heard on The Heist re-working) and 'Where's your money?' feat ODB (--Is this a Dilla beat???) - both of those could have been included to make Big Bang more enjoyable IMO...

#6 Planet €urope

Planet €urope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:47 AM

Edit: Oh SNAP. Where'd Urb's post go? and Planet's??

I was wondering the same. seems like we shouldn´t mention madlibs "Top Secret Bangers" CD here. Seems this is really secret.

#7 Drums

Drums

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:22 AM

I was wondering the same. seems like we shouldn´t mention madlibs "Top Secret Bangers" CD here. Seems this is really secret.

i can't see what's so secret about it. everybody's got it.

#8 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

huh? whats this "Top Secret Bangers"?

#9 Fejj

Fejj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Music, Art, Life

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:53 AM

top secret bangers is someone throwing together misc. madlib stuff as far as I can tell. most of the stuff you would have heard B4. Kind of eh really. not something official.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users