11 replies to this topic

#1 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:53 PM

The listing is gone from the homepage, tour page, and myspace page. But it's still listed on Richard's On Richards on clubzone. Anybody know what's going on?

#2 coldsweat

coldsweat

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

yo
im just passing this as word of mouth so take it as seriously as you choose ...and dont kill the messenger...
unfourtunately do to one of madlibs grandparents passing away the vancouver date may no longer happen ...its all up in the air...i may asume the funeral might be on the 21st? anyhow if its true im sorry for his loss and wish his family all the best in these difficult times....

ps cheer up at least the mstrkrft,devin the dude and the grouch /zioni shows are still on.

#3 Fejj

Fejj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Music, Art, Life

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:25 AM

Man do I hope that is not the case about the show as I was flying to Vancouver for the show for the weekend and am really looking forward to stones throw killin it.

My reguards to Madlib and the family if this is true.

If the show is off, please reshedule.

Just let a guy know what the deal is.

#4 Guest_Lyrikal_kid_*

Guest_Lyrikal_kid_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:25 AM

how can anyone know that informaiton so quick!!!! maybe there could be some problem happenning but the show will go on!!! but im just shock how can anyone find know like Madlibs grandfather passed away.......it would hurt a lot of people wanting to see the show on the 21st!!! seriously and im part of that date too!!! please if anyone has TRUE FACTS please post em out......IT CAN'T BE LIKE THIS!!!!!

#5 Guest_Lyrikal_kid_*

Guest_Lyrikal_kid_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:54 PM

how can anyone know that informaiton so quick!!!! maybe there could be some problem happenning but the show will go on!!! but im just shock how can anyone find know like Madlibs grandfather passed away.......it would hurt a lot of people wanting to see the show on the 21st!!! seriously and im part of that date too!!! please if anyone has TRUE FACTS please post em out......IT CAN'T BE LIKE THIS!!!!!

i emailed clubzone.com for tickets and the thing with stones throw show on the 21st.....buddy said to me that the show will go on, he just said that they took it out so ill look nice? it didn't make sense, but what made sense is the SHOW WILL HAPPEN!!! so to all y'all whos fly to VANCITY for the show!!!! BE READY!! PEACE!

#6 PegCity

PegCity

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:30 PM

i emailed clubzone.com for tickets and the thing with stones throw show on the 21st.....buddy said to me that the show will go on, he just said that they took it out so ill look nice? it didn't make sense, but what made sense is the SHOW WILL HAPPEN!!! so to all y'all whos fly to VANCITY for the show!!!! BE READY!! PEACE!

Huh? No it doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I was flying in for this event too, so it would be good if it's still a go.

#7 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

fuck I hate to be the bearer of bad news but.......... <_<

Sent : October 13, 2006 7:54:38 PM
To : bb double
Subject : Re: vancouver show oct 21??????

| | | Inbox

Canceled. Sorry

RB

On 10/13/06 6:02 PM, bb double> wrote:

> Just wonderin whats happenin I saw it was taken off the tour page
> is it still a go?
> please reply to this email or post on the message board, I have flights
> booked for it and would like to know the sooner the better
> thanks
> bb bdouble
>
>

this sucks they never gave any reason i am guessin coldsweat is right
if he is i send my condolences to the jackson fam

but i am still not sure if it is that cause i would figure they would still have the show without madlib

#8 PegCity

PegCity

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the info.

Yes, disappointing to say the least. My flights and hotel are booked as well. Let's see: pay penalties or go anyway...

#9 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

yeah i am still goin but the only reason i am goin is cause i work for an airline so its cheap and i have a friend who lives their
maybe see devin the dude or the black angels on sunday if tickets are still available

#10 Guest_Lyrikal_kid_*

Guest_Lyrikal_kid_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

EVERYBODY EVERYBODY THE SHOW STILL CONTINUES ONLY MADLIB AND OHNO AIN'T PREFORMING!!!! I CALLED THE TICKET PLACE ABOUT THIS INFORMATION!!! FOR ALL THE PEEPS WHO ORDERED TICKETS BEFORE THIS HAPPENED GETS BACK 10$ @ THE DOOR THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY THE STH CREW SPINS BUT THA JACKSON BROTHERS AIN'T.......R.I.P 2 THEY GRANDFATHER...WHUTTA TRAGIC.....STILL KEEP Y'ALL HOPES UP EVEN THOU MADLIB & OHNO AIN'T THERE, THE SHOW WILL BE FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 PegCity

PegCity

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:39 PM

I guess the seafood, Stanley Park and mountains will still make the trip worthwhile. Actually, a decent oyster bar makes almost anything worthwhile.

Some information on why the show was cancelled would have been a nice courtesy for ticket buyers.

#12 spexx

spexx

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:12 AM

^sorry for the delay in updates

we were awaiting 100% clarity on the situation from the agent, wolf, and stones throw before we provided updates so there would be no room for misinterpretation

bottom line is, madlib's and ohno's grandmother passed and the funural is on the same date as the vancouver show - so that is the reason

as mentioned before, the show will go on (if anyone saw wolf and j-rocco play all 45's here last time, you know that alone is worth the $)

$15 advance

existing $25 ticket-holders get a $10 rebate at the door

if you have a ticket but you'd like to stay home and watch golden girls reruns in lieu of wolf, j-rocc, etc, refunds are available at point of purchase

you can buy tix online here: http://www.clubzone....product_iid=973

www.spectrum-events.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users