• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MR2Turbo

MR2Turbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:12 AM

I usually show up at least an hour early. How early do you guys usually show up? There will be merch that I really want at the Chrome Children show, so I'm thinking that maybe I should show up a bit earlier than my usual hour.

#2 ANT8U

ANT8U

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Im a Funky Mathmetician.. Suave herbalist local pot doper presentator and mediator.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:09 PM

I usually show up at least an hour early. How early do you guys usually show up? There will be merch that I really want at the Chrome Children show, so I'm thinking that maybe I should show up a bit earlier than my usual hour.

wow what a great question.

i'd say atleast 2 days.

#3 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:22 PM

serious.. i have generally found that the no names are better than the highlighted acts of the nite... this goes more for a dj night than a concert...

#4 Sol ah

Sol ah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:47 PM

Earley???? I never been early to a show....Always like one hour late.....

#5 DAWNCITYDMC

DAWNCITYDMC

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:06 PM

Turbo...man, Denver shows have like 4-5 dj's before anything else happens...then usually some local act will make their presence (i.e. black pegasus.) Then the real show starts.....cervantes won't get packed until 9:45-10:15......I'd put money on it. But At cervantes, if you show up early you'll more than likely get a good seat upstairs with a clear view of the stage...next to the mixing booth, blazing one down. At least thats how I've done it in the past.

So for Me I usually show up like an 1:00-1:30 after the doors.....unless I wanna get my drink on early. But cervantes no later than half hour after the doors.

#6 lib

lib

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:24 PM

im a freak, il get there an hour early usually. if theres no q il go to a pub accross the road and keep my eye on that door. this was the case for the london show anyway.

#7 MR2Turbo

MR2Turbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:50 PM

Turbo...man, Denver shows have like 4-5 dj's before anything else happens...then usually some local act will make their presence (i.e. black pegasus.) Then the real show starts.....cervantes won't get packed until 9:45-10:15......I'd put money on it. But At cervantes, if you show up early you'll more than likely get a good seat upstairs with a clear view of the stage...next to the mixing booth, blazing one down. At least thats how I've done it in the past.

So for Me I usually show up like an 1:00-1:30 after the doors.....unless I wanna get my drink on early. But cervantes no later than half hour after the doors.

i'll be showing up a bit early then. i have a six hour drive to denver as it is. i always like to get up front, so that's where i'll be. and no backpacks, so i'll be the guy with handfuls of shit and cds, etc in my damn pockets. is cervantes pretty nice? i've only ever been to the fillmore in denver.

#8 DAWNCITYDMC

DAWNCITYDMC

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:09 AM

i'll be showing up a bit early then. i have a six hour drive to denver as it is. i always like to get up front, so that's where i'll be. and no backpacks, so i'll be the guy with handfuls of shit and cds, etc in my damn pockets. is cervantes pretty nice? i've only ever been to the fillmore in denver.

6 hours???? Damn that sucks. Cervantes is nice...it has become the hipster capitol of Denver, right in the heart of 5 points. If you don't know what 5 points is, welcome to a whole new world. I've seen a lot happen there. But the venue is clean. More than likely both upstairs and downstairs bars will be open (no waiting) Plus, usually you can talk and grab a beer with some of the heads who roll through, If you get there early enough. (P.U.T.S. & Immortal Tech, and Rugged Man for me.) Good Venue, you can see everything from wherever you are.

What I would do if I were you is buy all your shit as soon as you get there...then go and stow it in the car, Unless you're looking to get stuff signed...then just get there early, you never know what'll happen.

#9 shea

shea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:90.5 ksjs San Jose

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:04 PM

I usually camp out for at least 6 1/2 days. just to get a good spot.

#10 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

What is this "early" thing that you speak of ???

I am not familiar ...

#11 Ambient

Ambient

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:31 PM

If you go to early your high will wear out before the people you came to see come out!

#12 MR2Turbo

MR2Turbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:47 PM

6 hours???? Damn that sucks. Cervantes is nice...it has become the hipster capitol of Denver, right in the heart of 5 points. If you don't know what 5 points is, welcome to a whole new world. I've seen a lot happen there. But the venue is clean. More than likely both upstairs and downstairs bars will be open (no waiting) Plus, usually you can talk and grab a beer with some of the heads who roll through, If you get there early enough. (P.U.T.S. & Immortal Tech, and Rugged Man for me.) Good Venue, you can see everything from wherever you are.

What I would do if I were you is buy all your shit as soon as you get there...then go and stow it in the car, Unless you're looking to get stuff signed...then just get there early, you never know what'll happen.

lol, explain the 5 points thing to me. and to those that don't know the concept of showing up early, i usually go to rock concerts, etc where people show up at least 3 hrs early to get a good seat. last time i went to denver, i went to see the mars volta and showed up an hour before show time, was way at the back of the line and still got up front luckily. so there might be a difference? dunno.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users