#1 GoosDiff

GoosDiff

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Free Design is a group that, after listening to them on pb wolf's christmas mix (december '05) and listening to a remix that pb wolf had/has on his myspace page, i'm interested in.

will ST plan on releasing some Free Design in the future?? maybe on now again records??

if anybody knows who i'm talking about, share ur thoughts on what u think and if u have ANY knowledge on this group, PLEASE, feel free to share some....

piece!

#2 Fresh Jive

Fresh Jive

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

Free Design is a group that, after listening to them on pb wolf's christmas mix (december '05) and listening to a remix that pb wolf had/has on his myspace page, i'm interested in.

will ST plan on releasing some Free Design in the future?? maybe on now again records??

if anybody knows who i'm talking about, share ur thoughts on what u think and if u have ANY knowledge on this group, PLEASE, feel free to share some....

piece!

What's up - if you're intrested in The Free Design, check out Light In The Attic Records based out of Seattle,WA. They reissued a lot of Free Design material. Logon to http://www.lightinth...esign/index.php to check out what they got.

#3 GoosDiff

GoosDiff

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:15 AM

thanx ALOT man!!! this group is nice. it's something about them that just catches me... THANX

#4 dub_g

dub_g

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:02 AM

you got to check out "the now sound redesigned"
free design songs done by:
madlib
peanut butter wolf
stereolab
koushik & dudley perkins
dangermouse & murs
kid koala & dynomite d
caribou
and more
i found it for $1.99 at a record store in las vegas

#5 Drums

Drums

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:45 AM

while we're on the subject.

i like the free design too, but sometimes they can get a bit too cute for me. does anybody have a lot of knowledge about groups with the same kind of sound just a lil' bit weirder? sometimes i pick up a record that got both the melodic side to it and also the weirdness to it. but more often it's either the one or the other.

#6 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:28 PM

the now sound redesigned is a must. for everybody.

#7 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:46 PM

the now sound redesigned is a must. for everybody.

dont cry baby.

koushik & dudley, enough said.

#8 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:30 AM

the track that had murs in it was dopest... i think it was named "to a little blackboy" or something like that..

#9 Zach Shorts

Zach Shorts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:05 PM

while we're on the subject.

i like the free design too, but sometimes they can get a bit too cute for me. does anybody have a lot of knowledge about groups with the same kind of sound just a lil' bit weirder? sometimes i pick up a record that got both the melodic side to it and also the weirdness to it. but more often it's either the one or the other.

My dad was a big Free Design fan, so I got into them a little early, and have since become a huge fan of 60s sunshine pop, psych pop, etc. Check out The Millennium. Psych pop with gorgeous production and vocal harmonies.

#10 Drums

Drums

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:50 AM

My dad was a big Free Design fan, so I got into them a little early, and have since become a huge fan of 60s sunshine pop, psych pop, etc. Check out The Millennium. Psych pop with gorgeous production and vocal harmonies.

will do! thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users