STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:www.manerok1.bandcamp.com

www.enstereomusic.bandcamp.com

www.myspace.com/maneline

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

Now right off the bat, someone is gonna hate on the fact that I am speaking on Canibus...that is not the point of this.

my question is more so, why do rappers do this. Not even why really, guess I am just left in dissapointment.

Opened for Canibus this weekend, and, well, dude was rapping over his cd. What a fucking shame. Now I know that he is no where near his status of yore, but man, he still shouldnt be doing that.

Tho I must say, it was a bit of an ego stroker to have all these audience members come up and tell me and mine how bad we made Canibus look.

ehhh..another day another dollar.

#2 your drunk aunt

your drunk aunt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

i heard doug e fresh be lip syncing his beatboxing.

#3 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:49 AM

That sucks. It reminds me of this gimmick that Grand Wizard Theodore does. He blindfolds himself and loops a break by picking up the tonearm and moving it back an exact amount of grooves, basically looping some doubles without using the crossfader.

But, he uses the scratch proof records (which the audience, obviously, can't tell) so, it's all fake. Scratch Proof records line up all the kicks and snares in line with each other, so anyone could do that blindfolded or not.

Yeah, it's some turntable nerdly type shit, but it's heartbreaking seeing an icon lie to his loyal audience.

#4 Meatwad

Meatwad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

I do it sometimes...when I'm out of breath

#5 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

I do it sometimes...when I'm out of breath

You don't have lungs..

#6 Mane Rok

Mane Rok

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

www.myspace.com/maneline

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:46 AM

That sucks. It reminds me of this gimmick that Grand Wizard Theodore does. He blindfolds himself and loops a break by picking up the tonearm and moving it back an exact amount of grooves, basically looping some doubles without using the crossfader.

But, he uses the scratch proof records (which the audience, obviously, can't tell) so, it's all fake. Scratch Proof records line up all the kicks and snares in line with each other, so anyone could do that blindfolded or not.

Yeah, it's some turntable nerdly type shit, but it's heartbreaking seeing an icon lie to his loyal audience.

OUCH!!

i heard doug e fresh be lip syncing his beatboxing

TRIPLE OUCH!!

This shit is uncalled for. Really bums me out. Just to be honest, on some hooks due to singing we leave those in, but dont lip-synch. Alot of times, since we dont have backup singers, singing chorus' sound thin, so we put in the back up tracks for that. But beyond that, this faking jacks shit really bums me out.

#7 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

Mane Rok -

First off, congrats on the opening spot and for rockin' that shit! Second...the whole lip-synch thing bugs the shit outta me. Like cats would be showin up on Wild'N Out and do "live" sets, but the cuss words would be reversed out of the track!! Like who the fuck is buyin' this crap??? All the little MTV audience kids rockin' out to that shit, when it's really just some grown-ass studio emcees jumpin' around on stage like overpaid hype-men. Shit pisses me off. Grrrr...

#8 Mane Rok

Mane Rok

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

www.myspace.com/maneline

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

Mane Rok -

First off, congrats on the opening spot and for rockin' that shit! Second...the whole lip-synch thing bugs the shit outta me. Like cats would be showin up on Wild'N Out and do "live" sets, but the cuss words would be reversed out of the track!! Like who the fuck is buyin' this crap??? All the little MTV audience kids rockin' out to that shit, when it's really just some grown-ass studio emcees jumpin' around on stage like overpaid hype-men. Shit pisses me off. Grrrr...

Thanks b.

That's what I am saying tho. So called entertainers, getting paid g's to rap over their cd?!?! WTF! Just to make a club appearance. Tho we got some of the nicest pay thus far for the show (good looking out CLub 101) we deserved the g's for what we did compared to that sucka. Kinda takes away from him smashing LL in my eyes. Had alot of respect for dude for that...and now that has been over shadowed.

#9 Guest_GOYO(Monsta X)_*

Guest_GOYO(Monsta X)_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

Doom also does it

#10 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

Doom also does it

Really? Are you sure because I've seen him before and it was definitely NOT lip-synched.

#11 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

doom lip syncing?....am not sure...though when i did see that new doom video on ST's utube that was the first thing that came to my mind but kinda igroned it and pushed it to the back of my mind...if doom does lip sync then clearing he will lose alot of fans and respect as no one expects an underground cat like doom who preaches the virtues of real hip hop to be fake the funk.

#12 Mane Rok

Mane Rok

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

www.myspace.com/maneline

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

doom lip syncing?....am not sure...though when i did see that new doom video on ST's utube that was the first thing that came to my mind but kinda igroned it and pushed it to the back of my mind...if doom does lip sync then clearing he will lose alot of fans and respect as no one expects an underground cat like doom who preaches the virtues of real hip hop to be fake the funk.

for real...that would be another one of those major ouches!

Never have had the privledge to see him-last time he was supposed to be here there was a blizzard like a muhfuka!!

PBWOLF or any mangmnt-if he comes to CO thru ya'll again, hollar at me for an opening slot...do you justice with the show and promo... :mellow:

#13 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,509 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

i dont know why ppl are having such a hard accepting that doom lip synchs as i previously mentioned(in another thread) he is known to be a shady fucker,in short there must be less than 10 ten artists that actually do put on a good live show the rest is distorted loud shouting over backing tracks or a dj playing the instrumental and cutting along to it

#14 HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

You don't have lungs..

That made me LMAO

To put on a show you gotta be in shape thats why i got me some of that mc hammer health drink

Its called HAMMER TIME its the health drink made with natural ingredients and filled with vitamins and nutrients,which is designed for MC's to boost your energy and prevent you from having to lip sync & illness resulting in mud butt and shortness of breath while smoking bluntz on the mic. This unique product allows you to no longer need to take multiple vitamins and drink all the 40oz you like with out ever having to workout and truly prepare for a show on stage, like your favorite rappers. All your essentials are in one drink with a delicious Honey flavor.

#15 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

That made me LMAO

To put on a show you gotta be in shape thats why i got me some of that mc hammer health drink

Its called HAMMER TIME its the health drink made with natural ingredients and filled with vitamins and nutrients,which is designed for MC's to boost your energy and prevent you from having to lip sync & illness resulting in mud butt and shortness of breath while smoking bluntz on the mic. This unique product allows you to no longer need to take multiple vitamins and drink all the 40oz you like with out ever having to workout and truly prepare for a show on stage, like your favorite rappers. All your essentials are in one drink with a delicious Honey flavor.

You're a fucking nutcase...and I like it... ;)

#16 Meatwad

Meatwad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

You don't have lungs..

Uh yeah...u right

BEEF RAP!!1

#17 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

Remember middle school talent shows where a kid would rap over an old snoop dogg song without the vocals taken out? those were the good days I tell ya.

#18 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

i heard doug e fresh be lip syncing his beatboxing.

:lol:

in short there must be less than 10 ten artists that actually do put on a good live show

De La Soul has to be one of them as far as hip-hop is concerned.

#19 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:59 PM

Remember middle school talent shows where a kid would rap over an old snoop dogg song without the vocals taken out? those were the good days I tell ya.

HAHAHA and then at my school (see: Saved ! for reference) they would proceed to turn off the song for it's "lyrical" content

I remember these two cats got detetion for having The Chronic cd in their backpack. Their parents were called and everything...it was a "BIG" deal at the time

I had a point to this post before I got distracted :lol: O' well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users