5 replies to this topic

#1 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:22 AM

got this in the post today with my copy of chrome children. isn't that the same beat madlib used for the MF DOOM - "one beer" remix that came out on 7"??? plus ive heard that MED track on chrome children about a million times before. whats the deal - i thought madlib was supposed to be super prolofic - why do they have to re-use his old beats.... lame.

#2 monophonic

monophonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:19 AM

you heard that med track a million times befor cc? bullshit. i've heard it once on a madlib set from friday night flavors, that's it.
and the on beer remix was more of a bonus track for mm leftovers and special herbs 456 on vinyl.
percee probably wanted to use the beat for himself so what's wrong with that?

stop complaining.

#3 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:58 AM

Naahhhh.

i can understand the scenario...

i bought the single sided 45 doom with the madlib beat from jaylib. i though this was going to be a nice item for the collection.

low and behold rhymesayers puts it out..... <_<

#4 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:59 PM

stop complaining.

i'm not whinging. i just don't see why i keep hearing all the same stuff a lot of the time ( beats from the mindfusin mix finding their way onto the beatkonducta 7" etc...) when every interview he keeps going on about how prolific he is. I want to hear the brand spanking new shit.... whats wrong with that. i felt slightly cheated is all.

#5 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:46 PM

i'm not whinging. i just don't see why i keep hearing all the same stuff a lot of the time ( beats from the mindfusin mix finding their way onto the beatkonducta 7" etc...) when every interview he keeps going on about how prolific he is. I want to hear the brand spanking new shit.... whats wrong with that. i felt slightly cheated is all.

you gotta be patient brotha... :lol:

#6 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:14 PM

damn I hate this since the new board people seem to complain alott about stonesthrow releasin stuff that they have heard on mixes or bootlegs

i used feel the same as you j303 about seein stuff like the one beer track on later releases but i feel everyone should have the chance to hear the song not vinyl geeks only and if your worry about its value sure it is diminished due to the album release but it is still orig release 7" with hookie n baba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users