• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 D@rk_M@rk

D@rk_M@rk

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:15 AM

Wasap yall, I went to the show in Amsterdam. It was pretty dope, but the dj's played to long...(wolf, j-rocc)..Percee was dope as usual..MED did his part.. It took ages before Madlib showed up..when he rocked the dj set for over 1/2 hour I left because I was to tired and had to wake up early next morning.. So.. tell me did i miss anything ?? did madlib rock the mic???

Overall I enjoyed myself.. Only expected to see more rappers/singers like aloe blacc, dudley perkins, wildchild, ohno...and less dj-ing..

Peace.

D@rk_M@rk

#2 lib

lib

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:03 AM

dude you should never have left, even if you had to crawl to work the next day. im not sure though as i went to london, i think thats the only place that madlib was rhyming mind. amsterdam show looks dope from the pictures mind! on another note - first time iv seen j-rocc and i was blown away by his selections.

#3 heyofordiego

heyofordiego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:37 AM

whats wrong with you?
why would you ever leave during the middle of a madlib set

but on another note

was there HELLA bud?

#4 P9000

P9000

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:03 AM

madlib rhymed in Ghent too, best part of the show :)
think he did 3, 4 songs

same show ;My Webpage

#5 D@rk_M@rk

D@rk_M@rk

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:29 AM

After hearing nothing but dj's all night long...and so little rap..It took to long with Madlib..And when he came on stage, he played some weird shit on the dj-set, because he was high as hell. Guess he was backstage for a couple of hours smoking some of Amsterdams finest :)

I just expected more from the whole show I guess...

Peace.

#6 radna

radna

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:12 AM

I would have loved to see something like this:

the show in amsterdam wasn't the best of the tour I guess, madlib played some beats (kind of bollywood sounds) which was nice and jrocc & pbw played good records, but I also missed something. The show seemed really focussed on the core hiphopstuff, I think that was also what the audience wanted, but I like ST because it puts out so many different stuff. Unfortunately Dudley was in Amsterdam a week before.

#7 P9000

P9000

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:05 AM

how far back could you get?? where you filming from the coat check?

:D no that part isn't filmed by me, i just wanted to share
sry for that, hope your 6th post will be more positive
did you read j303's topic (Stones Throw has finally found.... )on the "talk" forum ? you should

#8 monophonic

monophonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:01 AM

After hearing nothing but dj's all night long...and so little rap..It took to long with Madlib..And when he came on stage, he played some weird shit on the dj-set

weird??? he was playing never heard before beats for like 30 min. or more. you should've gone nuts because that was probably the only moment in your life that you would hear those beats.

i was glad to see madlib do a dj set instead of performing all the jaylib tracks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users