STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

I have Josh G for the win!
(Good dude, I like him a lot)

Let's see what you got for us.

This coming weekend may be hectic for me as far as posting the thread. Toya is going to have the baby any day now so if I'm a no show....don't start giving me the business. If I don't post the voting thread by 2AM EST then someone might want to post it, otherwise I'll be on here to do it.

break!

#2 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

Congrats Josh...pick a good sample!

Posted Image

#3 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:51 AM

Right cheers for for the votes people

Sample is Monk Higgins - Railroad

You can add synths, vocal samples & drums etc but i reckon the main sample should be the most prominent whatever you do with it.

#4 Audioholik

Audioholik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:45 AM

nice samp...let me see what i can do with it.

good luck and lot of fun to everybody

#5 sleepy

sleepy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Im 18, Im from Co.Wicklow in Ireland (NTMK Brapp Brapp), me and my mate used to make joke tracks on Ejay back in the day,when we were like 13 or 14 or some shit,got the production bug from there,always wanted to write my own music,make my own drums,cut up songs to shit just to get one hit or somethin out of them, so i got hooked up with a copy of fruity loops a while later,spent probably 2 years pissin about on ejay waitin for it,stickin james brown speech sample over raggedy ass drum loops,thinkin i was the next dj shadow or somethin,finally got the hook up,bought a keyboard and continued from there and have been making music (and improving hopefully) ever since

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:03 AM

hey, im new here, i was just wonderin if i could enter this or not?

#6 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,501 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:42 AM

hey, im new here, i was just wonderin if i could enter this or not?

yeah no problems

#7 sleepy

sleepy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Im 18, Im from Co.Wicklow in Ireland (NTMK Brapp Brapp), me and my mate used to make joke tracks on Ejay back in the day,when we were like 13 or 14 or some shit,got the production bug from there,always wanted to write my own music,make my own drums,cut up songs to shit just to get one hit or somethin out of them, so i got hooked up with a copy of fruity loops a while later,spent probably 2 years pissin about on ejay waitin for it,stickin james brown speech sample over raggedy ass drum loops,thinkin i was the next dj shadow or somethin,finally got the hook up,bought a keyboard and continued from there and have been making music (and improving hopefully) ever since

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

yeah no problems

nice one man

#8 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:56 AM

The more people we get, the more we all gotta step up our game. Welcome aboard!

#9 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

AH ha Sleepy! whats good man, fuck the IHH beat battles this is were its at! if u flip this weeks sample like the you i give u the boys are in danger! good to have you here!

#10 sleepy

sleepy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:16 AM

cheers bosco, well i hope i can do somethin with it anyway, seems like theres heavy competition on here, gonna have to go all out to be in with a shot

#11 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

am in rome this week so sleepy ur holding the fort for irish hip hop...no pressure! :)

#12 sleepy

sleepy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:31 AM

ah im sure ill manage somethin

#13 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

The more people we get, the more we all gotta step up our game. Welcome aboard!

Sike, it's like the same dude wins every week...fuck trying to win just make something you like

pce

#14 S.L.

S.L.

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Interests:Music, Hip-Hop Kulture, Skateboarding, Basketball & Existing
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/YouGee

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

Sike, it's like the same dude wins every week...fuck trying to win just make something you like

pce

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Bill & Josh G are bosses!

This weeks sample is pretty dope! I got it around 12:30 and I already flipped it twice
They're both kind of uptempo though so we'll see how shit goes this week
Already hyped on it, I know my regular suspects are gonna fuck shit up with this one

#15 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

I dunno if I'm gonna be in on this one or not...I want to spend some time workin on my promotional CD to take to Rock The Bells next Saturday...we'll see if I have time...

#16 S.L.

S.L.

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

THERE GOES ONE OF MY SUSPECTS..
I understand though

#17 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

THERE GOES ONE OF MY SUSPECTS..
I understand though

Haha...well thanks...I take that as a compliment. Maybe I'll just fuck around a bit and drop a track for the battle, but disqualify myself by making it a remix...just came across some Big L acapellas, and it'd be cool to drop a Big L remix on my promotional CD...maybe I'll kill two birds with one stone...lol

#18 snub

snub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

when does this battle end? i think i'm already done making the beat but i don't know if i can post it already?

#19 S.L.

S.L.

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:18 PM

when does this battle end? i think i'm already done making the beat but i don't know if i can post it already?

You have to post it Friday and voting begins Saturday

#20 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:11 AM

Haha...well thanks...I take that as a compliment. Maybe I'll just fuck around a bit and drop a track for the battle, but disqualify myself by making it a remix...just came across some Big L acapellas, and it'd be cool to drop a Big L remix on my promotional CD...maybe I'll kill two birds with one stone...lol

oh u gave me an idea! ha i think i'll throw a big l acapella over mine, but ill post the instrumental too. sorry for biting mate.

#21 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

oh u gave me an idea! ha i think i'll throw a big l acapella over mine, but ill post the instrumental too. sorry for biting mate.

Hah...no worries...lol (cuz you know I'm the first person to ever think up that concept!) <_<

#22 Audioholik

Audioholik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

i havent work on a beat yet...it somehow doesnŽt moves me the way its supposed to do :lol: its a nice sample, tho

fortunately i got time till friday!hopefully i drop some heat for yaŽll...need to hold steady in my first battle.

if it turns out weak i gonna give it another try next week

how ya doin with the sample? :ph34r:

#23 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

It's got some good loops in it, but it's gonna be hard to chop it up much I think...

PS - I changed my mind about Big L...goin' with everybody's OTHER favorite dead rapper...ODB

#24 sleepy

sleepy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:12 PM

im findin the sample pretty nice to work with, definitley getting some nice sounds of this, god knows what my beat will turn out like, but im definitley feelin the og

#25 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:00 AM

It's got some good loops in it, but it's gonna be hard to chop it up much I think...

PS - I changed my mind about Big L...goin' with everybody's OTHER favorite dead rapper...ODB

i think theres some nice chops. anyhow, im gunna go with some ol boom bap for this i think.

#26 sleepy

sleepy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:47 AM

just wondering what time zone the deadlines in?

#27 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:10 AM

just wondering what time zone the deadlines in?

some time friday
voting sat
results sunday

#28 sleepy

sleepy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:03 AM

i meant like which time zone, like pdt or gmt or whatever

#29 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

i meant like which time zone, like pdt or gmt or whatever

i dunno but im in the uk and usually get it in around 6.00 p.m seen other uk heads put it in after 9.00 pm so around then i guess

#30 sleepy

sleepy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:10 AM

nice one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users