Where is this song?!?!

2 replies to this topic

#1 93 million miles

22's 'for you say: what's dem?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

A while back Madlib had this banging-ass song that he labeled "DOOM" on his MySpace page in the MySpace Media Player. It was a track that sounded like it might have been made for "Madvillainy" but never made the LP.

Doom spits verse 1, then there's a break with a clip of an old woman ranting about something, then doom spits verse 2, then there's another break with a continuation of the same clip of the old woman ranting some more about people "don't fighting like they used to cuz nowadays a muthafucka just grab a gun and kill" or something like that.

The beat (madlib) starts with an old horn sample that crescendos in plays for about 5 seconds then cuts out an up-tempo steady simple loop using what sounds like an old gritty sample from a disco record comes in as the main part the beat that doom spits over. Every so often 3 soft strokes of a violin (sounds like it's from the same sampled song) would come in for about 1 sec. at the start of every loop a small high pitched instrument sounds.

I wish I could give some lyrics to help identify but the clip of the old woman ranting in the two breaks is pretty distinguishable.

Could someone please tell me what LP or EP this is on and if it was only a web exclusive, does anyone have a link...<_<

#2 Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

I'm pretty sure it's on Mind Fusion Vol. 4. I don't have it in front of me so I'm not exactly sure.

I have no idea what the song is called.

#3 93 million miles

22's 'for you say: what's dem?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

View PostSanka, on Aug 3 2007, 02:20 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure it's on Mind Fusion Vol. 4. I don't have it in front of me so I'm not exactly sure.

I have no idea what the song is called.

View PostChevy Chase Jr., on Aug 3 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

Air (remix) on mind fusion 4

Much Thanks, I knew i could count on my fellow STMB co-horts
:lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users