• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:11 AM

Okay so I went and saw KRS-One in Toronto lastnight. I'd seen him 5-6 years back here in T.O. and it was off the hook!! This time around, not so impressed. Sure he pulled out all the classics but sang a verse of each, if that, back to back and the show was approx. and hour long. An hour?! I could have gotten a better deal with the ho' down the street for the $$ I paid for the ticket. As well, a few weeks back I hit the Tribe reunion show and again, that was maybe just over an hour long doing short ass versions of the clasics, one after another, and the ticket was a rediculous price. Is anyone else finding they are being taken for some big bucks at the ticket office and definitly NOT getting your money's worth when seeing these "Ol'Skoolers"? Imo it seems like these fekin' guys, whom we put on the map in suppoting they're hip hoppin' asses, are pullin' a Steve Miller on us, Take the money and run.

<_<

#2 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 06:28 AM

Never had that happen to me but that sucks. I saw De La for like $20 and they gave a HELL of a show. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Everything was so on point. I think their set was like 1.5-2 hours!

#3 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:29 AM

i dont know, me i am suprised when when a M.C. is on for more than an hour

but when its tribe and its a group I would expect atleast 1.5hrs

#4 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

shit if you thought that was bad these new school cats are worse.... I posted about it here before the board crashed but yea I went to a mike jonmes conecert as my 1st one for the exp. and it was plain shit nigga was 2 hours late only did 4 songs then jetted after 30mins and the tickets were the low low price of $30

#5 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

Okay so I went and saw KRS-One in Toronto lastnight. I'd seen him 5-6 years back here in T.O. and it was off the hook!! This time around, not so impressed. Sure he pulled out all the classics but sang a verse of each, if that, back to back and the show was approx. and hour long. An hour?! I could have gotten a better deal with the ho' down the street for the $$ I paid for the ticket. As well, a few weeks back I hit the Tribe reunion show and again, that was maybe just over an hour long doing short ass versions of the clasics, one after another, and the ticket was a rediculous price. Is anyone else finding they are being taken for some big bucks at the ticket office and definitly NOT getting your money's worth when seeing these "Ol'Skoolers"? Imo it seems like these fekin' guys, whom we put on the map in suppoting they're hip hoppin' asses, are pullin' a Steve Miller on us, Take the money and run.

<_<

I saw KRS this summer. He probably played for 2 hours or something. It was real cool. He brought all the b-boys and b-girls on stage and freestyled while they danced and also gave all the mcs/wannabe mcs in the crowd 8 bars. I was really happy with his show, hes one of the only mcs that'll freestyle live anymore. Also he performed the classics.

#6 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

That's partly why I don't go to shows that and the wack crowd

Pete Rock did this too me.........15 minutes tops, all westcoast music we have heard 78769578 x before

#7 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:22 PM

I hear what ya'll sayin'. The crowd was pretty well into it. I've never had a problem with any past shows length up until recently. But don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with either show's quality, they were both good but short and expensive. That's my only real issue, the crazy ticket prices aren't adding up to crazy shows. It's like a quick/easy cash fix. Hey, I guess it's better than a no show. Maybe age factors into it somewhere? I mean how old is KRS-One? Close to 40? And Tribe aren't getting any younger, hell, niether am I! <_<

Over and out.

#8 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:31 AM

I went to a Del show a few years back that was well over 2 hours. I had to leave before he finished. I saw the Roots twice and they rocked it both times, great show. One of them was the album release party for illadelphalife at Tower Records in Manhattan. I saw mad heads there like Pete Rock, INI, the Gza, MC Search, and Dice Raw was with them too. 97's Rocksteady Anniversery had to top them all though. Company Flow, Mos Def, Alkohliks, Boot Camp, the whole DITC including Big L, Ras Cas, Organized, Jungle Brothers, Beatnuts w/ Big Pun, I forgot the rest. Best time in Hip Hop I ever had!

#9 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:24 PM

I have seen frank n dank where they played 4 or 5 songs but it was super dope eventhough it was the shortest set i have ever seen

or when i saw del it was lame it was his 2nd night sold out and he played for 30-40mins only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users