5 replies to this topic

#1 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

MAN!!! I just actually really took some time out to really listen to this cats music like a month ago and this cat is the shit!!!! I got referred tto his first album SafeSound as a good intro to em and I AM GLAD I heard this! I feel fuggin horrrrrrible for even downloadin this album to listen to ittt, I just can't beleve I never listened to this cat to hard before. I toatlly want my younger nephews to get up on this cat but I dunno bout it since his material on this albums real sex orientated

#2 miss stress

miss stress

SUZY Q. HOMEMAKER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 07:55 PM

I'm a BIIIIIIIIG Quik fan...I grew up around his music because of my cousins.

Highly underrated when it comes to west coast producers, I've mentioned this before. He does have very naughty lyrics (who the hell doesn't) but his beats still BANG!

'Quik is the Name' is even better that some straight gangsta Cali right there, too me it was more gangsta than Dre and Snoop with that "Nuttin but a G thang" because Quik goes back to an era were you couldn't wear anything red or blue BK or CK coming right behind NWA.

You should get his greatest compilation cd that came out...I think last year or two years ago.

I've been known to clean my room blasting "Get at Me" <_<

#3 jaylib06

jaylib06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:15 AM

MAN!!! I just actually really took some time out to really listen to this cats music like a month ago and this cat is the shit!!!! I got referred tto his first album SafeSound as a good intro to em and I AM GLAD I heard this! I feel fuggin horrrrrrible for even downloadin this album to listen to ittt, I just can't beleve I never listened to this cat to hard before. I toatlly want my younger nephews to get up on this cat but I dunno bout it since his material on this albums real sex orientated

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like "Rythmalism" and "Balance and options." Those are probably my favorite albums that Quik put out. He's most definitly a top notch producer that's up there with Dr. Dre and scott storch when it comes to *Keyboard wizardry* His Keys are clean and smooth as opposed to Rza who has a raw and intense approach to playing keys...

#4 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:34 AM

2 fonky is my shit. "just like compton" is one of the illest beats anybody ever made! dude is sick with the jingle bells! quik been one of my favorites since like junior high, i never heard anybody else ever sweat him before tho (why is that?)

#5 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

2 fonky is my shit. "just like compton" is one of the illest beats anybody ever made! dude is sick with the jingle bells! quik been one of my favorites since like junior high, i never heard anybody else ever sweat him before tho (why is that?)

because they are in the darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

#6 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:59 AM

yeah no doubt, but ya know, i still think its funny more people havent caught on considering hes been around so long. not only a brilliant west coast producer, but also a skilled rapper in the eazy e style "dirty rap". remember that joint he did with tone toni tony? fire!
also, who remembers AMG? thats some old school quik collabo right there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users