#1 GoosDiff

GoosDiff

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:52 AM

what do people think about it now??? everybody was talking about the cd and how much it "sucked" and was "subpar". but now that it's out and everyone that owns it saw the dvd, what do ya think???

me personally, since i hadn't heard most of the tracks b4 the album came out, i'm content with the album and the dvd . one thing i didn't like was the fact that a lot more people were advertised for the dvd, and yet they weren't filmed. and the reason they gave about getting "drunk" is BULLSHIT!!!! . they really expect us to believe that shit??? at least issue a statement or something.

but i for one am grateful and i hope we can get more footage in the future....

#2 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:26 AM

well... the myspace/adult swim advertising had me guessing whats was up? No the best thoughts on the upcoming project.

After a couple of listens i'm feeling it. This is another round where the entire cd is not in heavy rotation. The podcast on the other hand are quite nice. Dudley's and madlib's 45's are being played alot.

oh no's track is quite good.
young jazz rebels
koushik
aloe blacc
g.simpson
med

i find these tracks pleasing to de ears....

on a quasi off topic i recieved my shipment from dustygroove today and i recieved a chrome children pbw mix today. I believe it's the same as the one of the downloads they had for a while. Note, nune of the products i ordered were stones related.

as far as the dvd.... let the other cats shine.....

I saw aloe blacc perform with mark de clive lowe for 10 bucks..... damn he tore it up... blu performed as well.

#3 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, DRums, Art, Xbox 360

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:28 AM

I was really disapointed with the dvd to be honest....the madvillain stuff was tight.....but they didn't even show dudley or aloe blacc sets?!, and Roc C didn't even spit a verse on the dvd.

I also understand that it was a madvillain headline show, but still come one....how much harder woud hvae been to hold down the record button a lil longer for each set. i love aloe and dudley...just disapointing...love the cd though... oh and the interview with PB wolf was very interesting...i just want more..the dvd seemed like a teaser not the full length thing.

#4 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

perhaps aloe, roc c and other on stones throw 202......

#5 gravelheadwrap

gravelheadwrap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:53 AM

...i just want more..the dvd seemed like a teaser not the full length thing.

That's exactly how I am feeling---felt this way especially when more music videos came out after 101 DVD, but I understand it was the 100th release.

#6 Hennystraight

Hennystraight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:03 PM

Why is every time I hear a new Guilty track, I feel like either body slammin or robbin somebody... Shit gets me hype for all the wrong reasons

#7 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

what do people think about it now??? everybody was talking about the cd and how much it "sucked" and was "subpar". but now that it's out and everyone that owns it saw the dvd, what do ya think???

me personally, since i hadn't heard most of the tracks b4 the album came out, i'm content with the album and the dvd . one thing i didn't like was the fact that a lot more people were advertised for the dvd, and yet they weren't filmed. and the reason they gave about getting "drunk" is BULLSHIT!!!! . they really expect us to believe that shit??? at least issue a statement or something.

but i for one am grateful and i hope we can get more footage in the future....

they did have a statement about wolfs set, so it could be possible that they just didnt want to film it for some reason?

but the interviews by the pool were interesting. the cd is great that guilty simpson track is making more and more eager for his album to come out!

#8 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

anybody else feelin pure essence?

#9 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:00 PM

cd and dvd are both veery dope,
like everyone else I am disappointed with no dudley, georgia, and especially aloe blacc(he's got one of the best albums this year)

the med, koushik, and dilla tracks are my favs

pure essence is very cool suprised to see soul-cal on the release probably just tryin to get more intrest in the label

and I thought the young jazz rebels are an actual group but sounds like some more alter ego's

I saw aloe blacc perform with mark de clive lowe for 10 bucks..... damn he tore it up... blu performed as well.

jelaousy

#10 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'mma have to get ack to you on this album

#11 KennyFresh

KennyFresh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:07 PM

i was expecting the album to be kinda average - but i was actually really surprised with how good it was.
and actually, the artists i was expecting the least from provided some of the best tracks on there.

the DVD was a little underwhelming though
definitely dope to watch once - but not exactly essential to own.

but its worth it for the CD alone, IMO.

#12 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 07 October 2006 - 04:38 AM

The 6" Pic Disc Is ILLY

#13 beatnut

beatnut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:00 PM

anybody else feelin pure essence?

man, that tune is best best one on there!!!!!

normally i would never have a good word about gary wilson, but his tune is fiiirrrre too.
nice to see st puting out tunes on the boogie tip

#14 Revo1

Revo1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:00 PM

Yea, I'm feeling it. MED's joint, Madvillain, Jaylib, J Dilla & Madlib's joints, Guilty Simpson is banging, Oh No's owning it as usual, Percee P puts the mic to shame as always, Dudley gets funky all over it, and J Rocc jams out. Looking forward to more from Young Jazz Rebels.

#15 AeorosolBreath

AeorosolBreath

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, books, art, drugs, stuff...

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:19 AM

man, that tune is best best one on there!!!!!

yeah this song is kinda classic... didn't even rjd2 sampled it or something like that?

i think it was an o.k. release... not that good, not that bad (
...it's highs are pure essence, m.e.d., madvillain, and the madlib or j-dilla related tracks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users