• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:15 AM

Godzilla...I like the stutter-step beat you had goin'...not sure how I like the long drum-less parts of the pattern though...but this IS one of the tracks that I'd like to play on my stereo while I'm fallin asleep to try to influence some crazy dreams & stuff...

Sanka...that was some nice use of the sample sources...good combination...some lost-in-the-woods-at-midnight type shit...crazy sounding.....but I like it...

Shakey...that was some sick shit, but I wish the track didn't end so soon...like when it stopped at the end I kept waiting for a quick fade-in back into the beat...but I really dig the track, and the intro sample...nice work!

#62 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

Shakey...that was some sick shit, but I wish the track didn't end so soon...like when it stopped at the end I kept waiting for a quick fade-in back into the beat...but I really dig the track, and the intro sample...nice work!

thanks

basically i made a good start earlier on in the week then didnt do much and had to rush the arrangement cos of time id have liked to do alot more,il prob carry on messing around with this beat adding other samples

p.s

ive changed my choice for my vote about 4 times just waiting for all the other entries so i can decide,i think its been a good week for beats

#63 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

Yeah...I really like this "two-sample-choices" thing...maybe it should become a tradition? It lends itself to more creative beats and combinations...

#64 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

Songs Limited
if people wanna post theirs early they should be able to, cause it's only gonna hurt them since people will be able to hear what's up already and just try & top it.
i hope the dual sample choice doesn't become a pattern now. i prefer to keep it simple with 1 sample so it's easier to hear what people did with it...

...yeah maybe its better with 2, in case you're not feeling one you have more choices

#65 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,486 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

Yeah...I really like this "two-sample-choices" thing...maybe it should become a tradition? It lends itself to more creative beats and combinations...

yeah i thought it was a good idea myself,the majority of my beat is the first sample(cant remember the name) and all the trippy shit is the singers sample mashed up with fx

#66 S.L.

S.L.

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Interests:Music, Hip-Hop Kulture, Skateboarding, Basketball & Existing
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/YouGee

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

Haha...hell naw...no one is DQ'd from this round...even if some cats posted early (shit...am I really the one who gets to decide??)...you had every reason to believe you wouldn't be home today .SL. And anyway...I don't want cats gettin DQ'd...just wait until deadline next week unless there's a reason you wouldn't be able to submit your stuff on Friday. I mean, afterall...I submitted mine on a Monday or Tuesday the week I went on my honeymoon...lol...so no worries folks...back to the battle...and glad to hear you're not scroungin for a place to live .SL. !!!

I understand.
Thanks man!
I'm gonna give all the ebats a listen right now and do a break down

#67 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

Heres my (toothache influenced) STMB 24 :D

#68 QAK

QAK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music Making, Video Games, Football, DJin, Drawing

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:06 PM

Heres my (toothache influenced) STMB 24 :D

Real trippy yo!

LOVED IT!

#69 S.L.

S.L.

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

SubBass- You ALWAYS come through with some heavy dope shit! Drums on point, and the Singers unlimited track was chopped up real nice. I like when the beat drops ad theres some kind of breathing. REAL DOPE. I was looking forward to that Sesame Street sample all week and that shit went SO DAMN perfect! MAKES ME MORE JEALOUS I DON'T HAVE THAT RECORD than when you first posted it in the Vinyl thread. Sick!

BigErn- I like the way you chopped your shit and arranged it up. THAT BASSLINE is so damn beautiful! Super mellowshit, which I like.Went from Claps from to regular Drums which caught me off guard and kept me on my toes! I want to hear this beat in my car. FORREAL. (ByTheWay, Did you do that Alkaholiks remix?? I love that shit, and I been trying to find that damn sample for a MINUTE now!!! help a brotha' out??)

Sanka- Got a chill-jungle feel from you beat! Definantly sounds like a movie intro type beat but instead of horror, more like a action movie! I like the Tambourine work in there! Shit sounded like it was played live(IF IT WASN'T?) AND, you worked the hell out of that bass! and the synth work at the end sounded really cool!

Shakey- CAME OUT OF LEFT FIELD WITH THIS ONE! I was so used to hearing darker sounding stuff for these 2 samples, it just caught me off guard with that upbeat thing going! The intro went real well with the beat so I liked that! You aswell as Sanka worked that bass pretty damn well! I wish this one was a little bit longer!

Godzilla- I LIKE THIS ONE A GRIP. The drum pattern gave me a Timbaland feel a little bit (NO INSULT). I like when the beat drops and you get that air'y sound(Is that from the Singer's sample?? If so, you really flipped that..) The conga/bongo work sounds pretty fuckin' dope too.

TheWigMaster- Very chill typed beat like I stated before, I really like those. The chops are pretty crazy, and the drum work is pretty sick! Switching with snares to claps, you know? Pretty tight. Wish your was a little longer too. "He's The Wig Master, He's The Wig Master!" The bass stood out to me too. Real dope.

Bill - Like QAK said, VERY TRIPPY! I liked the crazy sounds you used, wood crackling, some electro stuff! Pretty damn crazy!!! Kicks turned down real low, remind me of a heartbeat kind of. Then at the end it kind of switched up to some pretty raw stuff too which I liked

QAK- Sounded like some stuff from some wacky psycho movie! At like 1:47 there was a click and I thought it was my computer!! HAHAHAH!!! But after that, you did some pretty trippy shit with the Singer's sample! I liked that!!! It was VERY different. You'd have movies scores and shit like that DOWN.

I think this weeks double sample thing was pretty great too
NEXT WEEK MAYBE??

#70 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

Hey!!! i want some feedback on mine as well!! i feel left out... :D

#71 S.L.

S.L.

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

Both of the beats gave me like some kind of erie type feelings
They'd sound good as like horror movie intro's. FORREAL.
Bill Kollecta, I wanted more of that second beat at the end!
Good shit, you guys.

I got to you and Bill Kollecta a while back
Should have just added you guys in the full recap thing though. MY BAD, GANGSTA!

#72 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

I got to you and Bill Kollecta a while back
Should have just added you guys in the full recap thing though. MY BAD, GANGSTA!

oh yeah ----- thanks a bunch. feedback is ALWAYS appreciated.... that goes out to all the hundreds of people (according to divshare) who appear to have d/led my mix and not left any sort of constructive criticism... <_<

looking forward to hearing everyones beats this week when im not at work.

#73 QAK

QAK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music Making, Video Games, Football, DJin, Drawing

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

I made this a few mins ago

Its a RMX of Bill's "STMB #24"

RMX of Bill's STMB #24

#74 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Ok here is mine,

its called "It could happen to you"

IM not sure where i got teh title from so W/E/

and its a 2 parter so keep listening.

#75 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

wig master
very cool very chilled very how do you do.
very cool indeed

qak
i wasnt sure i was listening to the right track at all,
you listen to brien Eno much?
pretty cool none the less.

Bill,
you consistantly impress me.
hot shit nigga, boards of canada got nothing on you.

shakey
thats the best intro i ever heard.
mad respect with the rhythms but wheres the sample?

sanka
nice and trippy tooo

everybody seems to be making pretty tripped out stuff these days....
EXCELLENT,
jUst as I planned

moo hoo ha ha hah haaa....

GOod shit boys keep it up.

#76 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

Heres mine....

STMB24-Jazzur

Bit late ... couldnt get online...

#77 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

WigMaster - Like the vibe of your track...pretty nice stuff...

Bill - On that Anticon tip...nice stuff...I could imagine DoseOne droppin in on that track...you should shop it to 'em...nice stuff...

Ren - Nice loops & chops, but I was missin the drums...I mean they were there, but I wanted to hear more of 'em somehow...(I know my drums always dominate my mixes in my recent beats...if anything I need to tone mine down)...find a happy medium between our two styles & I think you'll have the perfect mix! LoL

Jazzur - I really liked your bassline...funky stuff...one of my favorite styles...what'd you use for that? It sounded almost like you played it on a real bass guitar...

#78 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:26 PM

SubBass- You ALWAYS come through with some heavy dope shit! Drums on point, and the Singers unlimited track was chopped up real nice. I like when the beat drops ad theres some kind of breathing. REAL DOPE. I was looking forward to that Sesame Street sample all week and that shit went SO DAMN perfect! MAKES ME MORE JEALOUS I DON'T HAVE THAT RECORD than when you first posted it in the Vinyl thread. Sick!

Haha...thanks man. The breathing is a sample I have from Rahzel...I sampled some one-offs of his bass, kick, snare, and inhale sounds...

As for the Sesame Street sample..I fuggin love it...there's SO many good samples on there for intros & interludes...unfortunately one of the BEST tracks on there (Roosevelt Franklin singing about numbers) was scratched to shit...but there's enough that I could salvage for some good stuff...I'm sure I'll be using more of them as the weeks go on...

#79 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

Ren - Nice loops & chops, but I was missin the drums...I mean they were there, but I wanted to hear more of 'em somehow...(I know my drums always dominate my mixes in my recent beats...if anything I need to tone mine down)...find a happy medium between our two styles & I think you'll \

yah i tend to generally try to blend my drums with the tracj as opposed to dominating,
of course if it calls for something else then i will do that but generally I just do what i think it needs.

chanks tho.

#80 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

ps. im only mixing with my headphones so that might be part of it.

#81 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

ByTheWay, Did you do that Alkaholiks remix?? I love that shit, and I been trying to find that damn sample for a MINUTE now!!! help a brotha' out??

Yessir....I did that for a Remix battle.
PM me.

#82 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

ps. im only mixing with my headphones so that might be part of it.

Ahhh yes...I've learned to test out my beats on my headphones AND my monitors...sometimes what sounds dope in headphones sounds crappy on monitors & vice versa. Like this kick I used once...I thought it was the sickest low-end kick I'd ever heard...but when I listened on my computer speakers it sounded like shit! lol

#83 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:52 AM

oh yeah ----- thanks a bunch. feedback is ALWAYS appreciated.... that goes out to all the hundreds of people (according to divshare) who appear to have d/led my mix and not left any sort of constructive criticism... :P
looking forward to hearing everyones beats this week when im not at work.

that's because i haven't listened to it yet :D

i went straight from work last night to see charlie murphy, this dude named kyle grooms and some other stand-up shit, which was why i posted my song early, and now i'm having a "day-after" at work :D
i'll listen to everyones beats, give some feedback, and check out the pencilface mix that's downloaded and ready for action.

(btw, i'm having high hopes for it, the last one you made definitely gets about as much rotation as mind fusion vols 1-5 for me :lol: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users