• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

This is no bull sh**

My bro and I were at record collector last weekend and there was a live performance going on by a group of artists for california.

They were giving us advice, tips, pointers and sh** when he saw what one of the DJs had...

It looked like an MPC4000, except it had 24 pads, a bigger screen, different OS, and a few more buttons, etc...

The DJ said that they are testing a new model of the MPC thats coming out, Akai doesnt want to go digital he said, they have made MPD's to make money but they want to keep their tradition of stand alone machines. Right now its just called the New Akai MPC 4000, the dj said there are bugs in it that have to be worked out yet...

24 pads???? thats crazy.....

10 bucks says none of you are going to believe this, but when it actually comes out, youll be going "oh sh**" DanSmith was right...

IDK why akai hasnt announced a new MPC coming out? It may a year before we hear about it...

#2 CR8

CR8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

Akai doesnt want to go digital..

MPC's are digital too you know...

#3 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

What I mean is that:

Alot of people think that the mpks, mpds, etc are the future of Akai, but akai is still more interested in making stand alone machines...

The best place to buy an mpc is in Japan... Dr. Dre said in an interview they sell them for cheap over there... I think it said he bought a 3000 for $300...

Still, the "new mpc4000" it makes sense since there are rumors that the mpc4000 is not being made anymore...

#4 CR8

CR8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:20 AM

Okay, and why do you make a thread about this now when you saw it last weekend?
This should be major news for a superproducer like yourself. It would be the first thing i did when i got home.

#5 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

What I mean is that:

Dr. Dre said in an interview they sell them for cheap over there... I think it said he bought a 3000 for $300...

must be true then

#6 straight outta fremont

straight outta fremont

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

Posted Image

so u r saying it is an mpc 4000? where's the pictures?

#7 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

might have been one of these they are big bastards,think you can hook up a computer flatscreen to it aswell

Posted Image

#8 scabs

scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:51 AM

might have been one of these they are big bastards,think you can hook up a computer flatscreen to it aswell

Posted Image

8800 you can hook up the flat screen, I'm not too sure about the 8000 though, eh I can believe DanSmith. I didnt think Akai was coming out with the MPK until I read FutureMusic and saw the preview for it. 24 sounds VERY uneven though. if it were 25 pads I could have a better time grasping it though, you know 5x5... and I SERIOUSLY DOUBT it will be the 4000. it will be something like the 5000..... there we go!!!! 5x5=5000...;) I'm a genius!

#9 Imperial_Mao

Imperial_Mao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

The best place to buy an mpc is in Japan... Dr. Dre said in an interview they sell them for cheap over there... I think it said he bought a 3000 for $300...

That I'm afraid is BS, just try trying to buy for that amount of cash... :lol:

Just check out...

http://www.analogjapan.net/akai1.html

#10 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:05 PM

as far as i know Akai is out of business.

I think thats true, anybody else, hear or know that?

#11 Imperial_Mao

Imperial_Mao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

This is no bull sh**

My bro and I were at record collector last weekend and there was a live performance going on by a group of artists for california.

They were giving us advice, tips, pointers and sh** when he saw what one of the DJs had...

It looked like an MPC4000, except it had 24 pads, a bigger screen, different OS, and a few more buttons, etc...

The DJ said that they are testing a new model of the MPC thats coming out, Akai doesnt want to go digital he said, they have made MPD's to make money but they want to keep their tradition of stand alone machines. Right now its just called the New Akai MPC 4000, the dj said there are bugs in it that have to be worked out yet...

IDK why akai hasnt announced a new MPC coming out? It may a year before we hear about it...

What a crock, do you really think people will believe that Akai are product testing their equipment with artists who are not major names and would allow them to take said equipment out to gigs where the competition or bloggers could spot it and blow it up worldwide before they have their carefully planned marketing plan in place ???

Your nose will grow if you tell fibs... :lol:

#12 Imperial_Mao

Imperial_Mao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

as far as i know Akai is out of business.
I think thats true, anybody else, hear or know that?

I believe they were bought out by another company (can't remember who though) before the MPC1000 was released.

#13 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

I believe they were bought out by another company (can't remember who though) before the MPC1000 was released.

yeh your bang on,cant remember the companys name either though

#14 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

so do they still make "Akai"?

#15 Imperial_Mao

Imperial_Mao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

so do they still make "Akai"?

Sure the company is just owned by another bigger company now, all the product is still "Akai" branded.

#16 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:33 PM

of course purists will say akai went to shit when roger linn left(was that after the mpc60?)

#17 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

cool,
yah for some reason i just thought Akai was no more, but Im am so out of touch with the indusrty anyway.

#18 straight outta fremont

straight outta fremont

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

of course purists will say akai went to shit when roger linn left(was that after the mpc60?)

correction..akai went to shit when roger linn left after the success of the mpc3000. Akai thought they no longer needed him as a consultant so they canned him and made the mpc 2000 without him o the roger linn swing. The roger linn swing is asically the ability to manipulate the swings in real time. there ways to simulate that swing through both hardware and software but is understanding midi programming more than anything. if i am not mistaken roger linn till has the patent for that swing so it will be a few more years until numark/akai work something like that in a future mpc model.

as for akai...they have gone to shit and numark is trying to ressurect them (hence a big reason why the mpc 1000 came about)....but the buyout was going on in the middle of the process. there isn't any akai professional (even the japanese akai professional staff is now numark staff).....the only akai out there is using refurbihed sony parts to make stereos and televisions.

#19 Imperial_Mao

Imperial_Mao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

On a sort of related note, I'm sure I read the MPC2000 was designed by an ex-Emu employee who left after they stopped working on a follow up to the SP-1200 . Imagine that an SP-2400 !!!

#20 ecrazy

ecrazy

Rookie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:45 AM

That I'm afraid is BS, just try trying to buy for that amount of cash... ;)

Just check out...

http://www.analogjapan.net/akai1.html

I really wish that was true...

#21 descry

descry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:50 AM

numark now owns akai. you might hear the term nukai round the mpc boards.

#22 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:21 AM

First off,

it wasnt a no name artists, the artist was nice enough to show me so I dont want to say his name because I dont know if him and his crew have an agreement with Akai or some sh**...

IDK if its gonna be called the mpc4000 or not....thats what they were calling it...the new mpc4000

Its definatly not a MV 8800, im not stupid

Is it so hard to believe that there is a new mpc that is being made???

Oh, and Dr. Dre actually visited Japan, not on a japanese website...
I saw a magazine with Dr. Dre holding up a 3000 with a price tag of like something something Yen which equal 300 dollars according to the subscript below the picture...

#23 Imperial_Mao

Imperial_Mao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:49 AM

First off,

it wasnt a no name artists, the artist was nice enough to show me so I dont want to say his name because I dont know if him and his crew have an agreement with Akai or some sh**...

Sure thing !!! I bet you scored with a really famous woman as well, but you don't want to tell us her name incase the tabloids find out as well... :D

im not stupid

Now that statement is a whole thread in itself !!!

Is it so hard to believe that there is a new mpc that is being made???

No not at all, just the circumstances of your story are hard to believe.

Oh, and Dr. Dre actually visited Japan, not on a japanese website...
I saw a magazine with Dr. Dre holding up a 3000 with a price tag of like something something Yen which equal 300 dollars according to the subscript below the picture...

Feel free to post this up, but I can assure you that you cannot buy an MPC3000 for $300/150, because if they were that cheap people would be buying them instead of a 500/1000.

Have you got any more stories you would like to tell us Jackanory ???

#24 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:55 AM

I guess you would know it all Imperial Mao since you are from Japan and all...

#25 Imperial_Mao

Imperial_Mao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:01 AM

I guess you would know it all Imperial Mao since you are from Japan and all...

Now lets see, you made a statement about the price of MPCs that I disagreed with, so I then posted information to prove the contrary, if you have evidence to prove otherwise, post it or walk away son...

#26 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

Yo this is dan smiths bro ease up.

The working name is the MPC4000xl...no joke. It has 24 pads, its black and distinguisable from the 8800 thank you very much.
Prose, an indy from cali, is using one in his studio. I did not ask how they came about this machine. This is all i know. I just thought id post. Lay low on the mockary please. Its not going to make you look very smart if and when it does come out ok?
Seriously fighting on the internet is like competeing in the special olympics....even if you win your still retarded....so lets share the info cut the hate

#27 Imperial_Mao

Imperial_Mao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

Lay low on the mockary please.

If people make statements(MPC3000=$300) and then can't back them up what do they expect ???

Its not going to make you look very smart if and when it does come out ok?

If it exists great, however the tail seems a little on the tall side, especially as no one anywhere else on the internet seems to have heard any rumors or info ??? :(

#28 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

Lay low on the mockary please.

If you really are Dan Smith's brother I say welcome. I'm happy to know that unlike your brother you have a life and a girlfriend. Believe me, he complains about you alot (seems like jealousy.) That being said, lay low on the misspelling of mockery.

#29 scabs

scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

Yo this is dan smiths bro ease up.

The working name is the MPC4000xl...no joke. It has 24 pads, its black and distinguisable from the 8800 thank you very much.
Prose, an indy from cali, is using one in his studio. I did not ask how they came about this machine. This is all i know. I just thought id post. Lay low on the mockary please. Its not going to make you look very smart if and when it does come out ok?
Seriously fighting on the internet is like competeing in the special olympics....even if you win your still retarded....so lets share the info cut the hate

ooohooo... its his brother!

yaaaaaaaay! we've read so much about you sir. "DanSmith" has informed us that you're working on this ultra hot album and he's even gone as far as to say there's nobody else better than you guys in town. But he's offered us no proof of your dominance... backing out of a singular beat battle against me and other people for a dislay of his dominant dimeaner (aaaah I mispelled that).

Now I'm tired of the "DanSmith" hate as well cuz honestly he's getting all this attention for doing nothing at all but typing in here. It's not like he's productively sharing ANYTHING with us nor trying to be constructive and spit on some of the member's beats, like myself (because EVERY member in this board has something to offer one another and is will to share in attempts to network.)

The image he's painted (because this is a MESSAGE BOARD) is that he's too good and that you two are fire in IOWA. He's even gone as far as to claim he's got one up on some of the members (who have prominent studios and have mastered that machine you guys just tinker with) and who have moved on to more unique pieces of equipment.

he's posted threads Literally titled "I WANT IT MORE THAN YOU" when in fact he can want it all he wants but without the capability of giving off a good impression... its apparent his (internet) ego will prevent the TWO of you from making great contacts like ourselves who span from different states and countries. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY: when one brother is humble and the other thinks they know it all and they become a team... JEALOUSY WILL INTERVENE. I know because my older brother who had knowledge of my contacts grew jealous (and I wont state why) and tried destroying them.

MY point is that this mockery the board members present to your brother has actually been brought upon by himself... Thats all.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I dont mock this thread because I believe they are making a better Mpc than the 4000... but I dont believe that it will be a 4000xl, but a 5000... :( and I doubt Prose would get one before Dre, Tim, Just, Kanye, Deadalus, Swiss, Primo, Marley Marl, Lil Jon, Jazzy P, Skateboard P, shit... Even Prince.... and I think thats where a lot of the members join me.

but I dont doubt theres a 5000 in development... just that an INDY artist like Prose would hold one of the few test models.... but hey the world is a strange and nonsensical place.... so.... maybe George W. Bush and Tony Blair have one too.

#30 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

you guys are a bunch of losers,

leave the kid alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users