• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

I bought this album this morning, got it for 9.99 at target...

alittle backstory:

I cant stop listening to "Big Shit Poppin'" Im not one of those MTV b****es who just listens to whatever they tell me to listen to, but mannie fresh + ti = success!!!!!!!!!!

I heard this song when it was first leaked on the net, way before they even made a video...

HOld on for a minute I have to mention random states like TI does:

Mississippi, Deleware, Connecticut, Alabama, Missouri

Fastforward to present time and...

I like the CD, idk what to give it....

On the cd, every track done by the runners suck, wyclef surprised me with his tracks, danja delivers, just blaze is just okay.......the first few tracks are good, the last few tracks are good....

not quiet King, yet "Big Sh** poppin" is better then "Ride with me" and "What you know" combined

Ima end it like ti

Grand Hustle

#2 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

again dan u manage to post in the wrong topic subfourm, this is not hype,

just more talk from dansmith ;)

#3 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

meh...

#4 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

i no i no the dansmith hate is gettin old but i dunno this kid still winds me up

#5 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

Oh...me too...my "meh" was for T.I....lol

#6 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

yah what ever this is th hype section,

but i will say i peeped a bit on the itunes store (actully, the king album)

anyways the overwhelming majority of the production sucks IMO but TI can flow, thats for sure.

hes like an old blues cat but rap.
not bad Id like to hear him on some more innovative beats.

#7 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

For the time being, nothing compares to King. That album will probably stand as T.I.'s best.

#8 lordquas4293

lordquas4293

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

i liked t.i. with trap music and urban legend. but i hated KING and i relle do not like t.i. versus t.i.p. big shit poppin was cool when it was leaked. and was good to listen to like 5 times. then it got old to me. t.i.'s songs are always good a few times to me and then get very old fast

#9 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

Overall I like the album,

I think maybe TI got lucky with KING,

because I dont like any other album but KING and TI vs TIP

I hate Trap Musik.....

#10 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:18 PM

Yea I actually liked that Big Thing poppin joint...it's tolerable....far better than that Party like a Rockstar shit....just typing that makes my hand numb...I'ma go have a stranger...:(

#11 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

Mannie Fresh brings the pain,

Danja does good to with "Respect this Hustle"

I was surprised to find out that Mannie sampled "Top Gun Anthem" for this beat........

#12 lordquas4293

lordquas4293

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

it really is just not a good album at all

#13 ralph sampson

ralph sampson

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

ti is utter shit, in no way shape or form is he a hip hop artist. bullshit fake watered down pop faker. ti has never put out a decent track let alone a quality verse.

thats my take.

#14 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:53 AM

ti is utter shit, in no way shape or form is he a hip hop artist. bullshit fake watered down pop faker. ti has never put out a decent track let alone a quality verse.

thats my take.

oh sh**

Thats pretty harsh dont you think, I dont think TI is quite POP

King was a good album.

TI is a better rapper then 50s stuff, 50 needs to work on his skills, all his songs sound alike......probably because of the aftermath producers....

#15 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:58 AM

50 needs to work on his skills, all his songs sound alike......probably because of the aftermath producers....

jake one?
hi-tek?

#16 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

jake one?
hi-tek?

yeah, seriously, they've got good producers, they're just told what to make basically. even dre can put out good shit sometimes. ;)

50's just not an exciting rapper, dont blame the beatmakers. :P

#17 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

50's just not an exciting rapper, dont blame the beatmakers. ;)

yeah, that monotonous flow along with lyrics about large male genitalia just doesn't do it for me..

#18 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

Hi Tek is good, but his beats were better away from aftermath....

#19 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Hi Tek is good, but his beats were better away from aftermath....

'ryder music' was dope

#20 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

Back to TI vs. TIP

I think that the album is pretty much like every new hip hop album that comes around, wish that it was alittle bit better then it was. I heard their was a companion film heading straight to dvd inspired by the album by the same cat who did ATL...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users