#1 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:21 PM

I was making coffee while playing some records for my girlfriend... I looked at the tech and noticed the "A" side was almost at the end. I told her when the last song is finished flip it on the other side so the needle wont get destroyed. She responded " you mean there's 2 sides to this? I thought it was like a cd but larger!"

It was then i had the grand epiphany that i was OLD!

#2 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

I was making coffee while playing some records for my girlfriend... I looked at the tech and noticed the "A" side was almost at the end. I told her when the last song is finished flip it on the other side so the needle wont get destroyed. She responded " you mean there's 2 sides to this? I thought it was like a cd but larger!"

It was then i had the grand epiphany that i was OLD!

Sounds like your girlfriend has autism or something. Or you're getting old.............. But more likely she has some sort of learning difficulties.

#3 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

Sounds like your girlfriend has autism or something. Or you're getting old.............. But more likely she has some sort of learning difficulties.

she never messed with records before.. she's 25.. i'm oh nevermind... :P

#4 kcat

kcat

Crate diggin' kitty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:beats, love songs, Simpsons, guitar

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:51 PM

I still can't believe that...lol. Too funny, hey I'm younger then you and I know how a record works!! Then again my dad collected them as early as I could remember.

#5 Toya?

Toya?

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:REAL hip-hop, psychology, and starting my own label

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:54 PM

Poor thing...
I'll be 25 in like a week and I got the turntables and a few records to work with. Ya better teach her sir :P

But that's cute, My best friend is like that.

Ooh Ooh! Tell her about 8 tracks :P

#6 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

Yeh my ex girls son(5) would come in the room and be like "why do you have so many giant CDs"

#7 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:18 PM

thats like this time i was at a garage sale and there were some records, and a guy walks up to me and says, do you know how to listen to those?

i think i just gave some smart ass comment back though

#8 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

thats like this time i was at a garage sale and there were some records, and a guy walks up to me and says, do you know how to listen to those?

yeah right or when you ask for records and they laugh/scoff "what would you want records for". and every ass has a story about what records they had and what they did with them. "I had a whole bunch of Burl Ives records, Harold what did we do with those Burl Ives records" stfu...oh and how about the ass at the record store I go to(the record store that sells records and stylus's) telling a customer that they dont make record players anymore. "good luck finding one, if you do its going to be really expensive".

#9 Toya?

Toya?

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:50 PM

yeah right or when you ask for records and they laugh/scoff "what would you want records for". and every ass has a story about what records they had and what they did with them. "I had a whole bunch of Burl Ives records, Harold what did we do with those Burl Ives records" stfu...oh and how about the ass at the record store I go to(the record store that sells records and stylus's) telling a customer that they dont make record players anymore. "good luck finding one, if you do its going to be really expensive".

When I walk into a record store by myself (like I just did on Saturday), guys just stare like, 'Miss, the CD's are THAT way' lol like I don't belong in the middle of records. This guy gave me the most disgusted look over the weekend, like I was an alien that didn't deserve to be buying records next to him. I just think it was the fact that I was picking up some hot shit and he wasn't. B)

When I go to the record store with my boyfriend, well, do you think anyone cares? I think that's so rude.

And don't get me started on when I had to buy some needles :huh:

Sorry, I just PMS'd your post lol

#10 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

my new girlfriend just bought a new record player... already seen her buy some records...

#11 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

my new girlfriend just bought a new record player... already seen her buy some records...

somebody get you a gold medal! ;)

#12 godzilla

godzilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

its ok I already got the girl

#13 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:18 PM

that people are in actual shock when you mention vinyl is still produced.

everytime i tell them there are at least 6 stores that are 90% vinyl with new releases every week, it seeems like they just cannot grasp the concept.

#14 Toya?

Toya?

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

everytime i tell them there are at least 6 stores that are 90% vinyl with new releases every week, it seeems like they just cannot grasp the concept.

Yeah, I guess they think DJ's now are 'CDJ's' (yeah, I know it was lame :) )

#15 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:13 PM

i hear ya...

#16 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:46 AM

i think i just gave some smart ass comment back though

:) :) NO WAY! I personally think ya plain ignant if ya dont know how to play a record or know it has 2 sides I mean.....just observe the things!

#17 camfield

camfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:21 AM

yea..i know this kid who said he DJ's and i asked him what he spins...he had no clue what i was talking about and proceeded to talk about his 200GB of music. I mention my vinyl and he just shrugs it off like he knows what he his doing with his mp3's it's really enraging...he started to show me this program he has that automatically mixes songs too. the art of the dj is being put to shame with these kids who just buy this technology and watch computers do it

#18 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:41 AM

for the almost tinitus impaired, this automatic beat matching thing might take my music out of the house and open some minds with new material...

thats why the vestax is getting dusty... I just use it as an eq to record vinyl to cd

its a damnnn shame <_<

my girl friend just moved from russia to n.y. No vinyl collection in her house, so i was kinda suprised regarding the comment i started this post with. Kind of found it funny.

#19 godzilla

godzilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:36 PM

yea..i know this kid who said he DJ's and i asked him what he spins...he had no clue what i was talking about and proceeded to talk about his 200GB of music. I mention my vinyl and he just shrugs it off like he knows what he his doing with his mp3's it's really enraging...he started to show me this program he has that automatically mixes songs too. the art of the dj is being put to shame with these kids who just buy this technology and watch computers do it

he probably didn't pay for any of the music too. Most people that really "care about" and "know everything about" music don't financially support it anymore... if you ask me, they don't know shit because they refuse to help artists making innovative music. Its no wonder that pop music sucks so hard right now (actually most music in general.) The only people with budgets are funded by Pepsi not record sales.

#20 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

i know-i always tell people that alot of albums are still released on wax, just have to go to independent stores, screw those money hungry chains.

and they still act like "huh?"

#21 Toya?

Toya?

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:50 PM

i know-i always tell people that alot of albums are still released on wax, just have to go to independent stores, screw those money hungry chains.

and they still act like "huh?"

The LAST time I ever stepped foot into a chain 'music store' was when I went to Chicago in Feburary. I had never been to a Virgin store and wanted to see what it was like.

I prefer the 'record stores' here. We have only 3 independent stores and they are great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users