• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:57 PM

Whoops! We're already buddies. Good shit. Again, loving the shit double O.

Aye' DAN SMITH, you posted any fuckin' beats yet? Tighten up and post some ish'.

Until then, you need to post in the TALK section, because that's all this is.

#62 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

Until then, you need to post in the TALK section, because that's all this is.

Posted Image

#63 Peanus-Batter

Peanus-Batter

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

Lot a hating on DanSmith lately...

First things last......the people in the game now didnt get to be where they are by "living life" or "taken their time" on sh**. Some of you do this for a hobby, I dont...

You have to know that if there is somebody who wants it more than you do, they will succeed and you will fail but make b*** excuses like Im taking my time, living life, etc...

Oh about my records question, I just wanted some opinions, its not like I do everything everybody tells me too... You got to have your own style but at the same time be aware of what other people are doing.

Guess nobody here has watched BEATKINGS because that film will hit you with real knowledge.

All it takes is one person who wants it more than you... Just one person..... Thats why you old folks (middle age folks) are still grinding but not succeeding...

Im going to go back to producing, but just want to let you haters know that ima keep doing my thing and you guys can go back to your "hobby"

THIS AINT NO GAME, EVERYBODY AT MY TOWN THINKS ITS ONE BIG JOKE, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS

Im going to go to college, but a 9-5 is the last thing I want to do.....Im driven...............

You fuckin' Corn-Cobber!

#64 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

You fuckin' Corn-Cobber!

I was hoping you would show up.

#65 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:36 AM

^hahahahahahahahhahaaa...

#66 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:27 AM

Dan...why don't you enter the next beat battle? I'm not tryin to talk shit...I actually want to hear what you can do...plus the beat battles are a good way to sharpen your skills...

#67 tigermilk

tigermilk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

buy some okayplayer shirts, and grind away.

#68 straight outta fremont

straight outta fremont

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

dn just post some ish up and , but if its a way to arn those stripes. more than anythingpeople on this board don't hate, they are pretty constructive. Hell, a lot of other boards people are constuctive too, you just gotta face the facts that sometimes wack shit comes out and you just have to learn from it. Madlib is not always on point with his beats, but he keeps working on his craft trying to master it.

as for beats being a hobby, its more like a lifestyle for me. (sorry guys i haven't ben able to contribute to the beat battle because i am heping my friend on his animatiom film score and i am trying to stack the pape at work.) one thing you have to ask yourself is why did you get into it? if its just for recogniton and douh you might want to leave now. you should be enjoying what you are doing rather than justtrying to get a rep off of it.

#69 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

dn just post some ish up and , but if its a way to arn those stripes. more than anythingpeople on this board don't hate, they are pretty constructive. Hell, a lot of other boards people are constuctive too, you just gotta face the facts that sometimes wack shit comes out and you just have to learn from it. Madlib is not always on point with his beats, but he keeps working on his craft trying to master it.

as for beats being a hobby, its more like a lifestyle for me. (sorry guys i haven't ben able to contribute to the beat battle because i am heping my friend on his animatiom film score and i am trying to stack the pape at work.) one thing you have to ask yourself is why did you get into it? if its just for recogniton and douh you might want to leave now. you should be enjoying what you are doing rather than justtrying to get a rep off of it.

You do animation?

#70 marchinginbackwards

marchinginbackwards

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:28 AM

All it takes is one person who wants it more than you... Just one person..... Thats why you old folks (middle age folks) are still grinding but not succeeding...

Im going to go back to producing, but just want to let you haters know that ima keep doing my thing and you guys can go back to your "hobby"

THIS AINT NO GAME, EVERYBODY AT MY TOWN THINKS ITS ONE BIG JOKE, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS

Hi what are talk about?!?!? I am want to hope to be in a game somebodyday!!!!! Peace to Madlib!
  • bza wan kenobi likes this

#71 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

Im 17

#72 zomg

zomg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

Action > Ranting on a message board.

Sure, theres alot of people who don't feel confident enough in what they do and don't want to hear about whether or not somebody else actually is..

Just do your thing. Chill. These types of threads don't help anyone's psychological well-being...

#73 godzilla

godzilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

In order to make interesting art you need to live an interesting life with an interesting point of view. I think you are failing miserably.

#74 Scalez

Scalez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:music, boobs, and fine wine
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/scalez

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

These posts predate me by a couple years, but I'm having fun reading them. I need a life. Anyway, this one is my favorite. I hope homie has grown up some, wherever he is.

#75 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

after reading all these threads about dan smith and his production skills, his hiatus to the community of sex deprived losers, and then coming back strong, talkin about wanting to go to college and meet mad chicks or whatever while he continues to be the most beat hungry mother fucker out there, i find it very amusing to think about what dan's life is like right now in college and how his brain and thought process might work

i really only see that seduction community shit resulting in either him being a low level dude fuckin mediocre chicks on a site like bangbus, or becoming a homosexual in his early 20's

#76 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

i really only see that seduction community shit resulting in either him being a low level dude fuckin mediocre chicks on a site like bangbus, or becoming a homosexual in his early 20's

HAHAHA!! You crazy!! :blink:

#77 COMPUTERS

COMPUTERS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Sampling

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

This thread is pure gold.

#78 Champ Neptune

Champ Neptune

STMB'S CHAMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/champ-neptune

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

where is this dan smith? i didnt even know about stmb when he was around...does anybody know where to hear is cuts? all this hype; i wanna hear some shit.

#79 Munoz387

Munoz387

Brothas can't see me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

where is this dan smith? i didnt even know about stmb when he was around...does anybody know where to hear is cuts? all this hype; i wanna hear some shit.

Spooky was suspended by the time I joined, but I'm guessing he never gave his music out, hell he probably doesn't make beats. You gotta check out the dansmith photoshop thread

#80 doom_addikts225

doom_addikts225

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

He gave out one beat, the one with the Jigga acapella over it, it was average

Every time I see this topic name, I can't stop laughing. When he made the topic, I laughed at the name for like 5 min

#81 Scalez

Scalez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:music, boobs, and fine wine
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/scalez

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

He gave out one beat, the one with the Jigga acapella over it, it was average

Every time I see this topic name, I can't stop laughing. When he made the topic, I laughed at the name for like 5 min

where is the beat? you got it doom?

i love the topic too. like wanting it means shit. some kid in Haiti wants a sandwich more than me. guess who has one...

#82 doom_addikts225

doom_addikts225

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

where is the beat? you got it doom?

i love the topic too. like wanting it means shit. some kid in Haiti wants a sandwich more than me. guess who has one...

nah I don't have it, it was on his myspace (deleted)

#83 godzilla

godzilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

#84 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

LOL!

#85 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

Like Kayne West said "I used to make wack beats, it doesnt mean sh**, look at me now, Im the best..."

Kanye West is an egotistical bastard, and he is not even close to being the best, and why do you think that everyone is hating on you on these boards? for real, go get a life and enjoy it. You dont have to come up here talking shit about how you're gonna be the best just because you are driven to be the best. Making beats is a fucking hobby for me, and I love doing it. That's what producing is all about, loving what you do. Not making it "big" or getting your shit out there and being popular, you do what you need to do, and the rest will come. I can tell you right now as an audio/recording engineer that the ONLY way you will be considered the best by a mainstream cult, is by conforming to what other producers and label directors want you to make. Unless of course you make your own conections and do your own shit from there, but goodluck with that buddy.

also post up some of your beats if you think you are so good.

#86 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Yo Tav Dan's been MIA for about 4 years now lol

#87 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

Yo Tav Dan's been MIA for about 4 years now lol

hahaha I just realized that now :unsure:

#88 godzilla

godzilla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

I'm a dj that still plays golden era hip hop. Sometimes I gotta bring back the golden era of these boards lol.

#89 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Yeah I miss these days, man ... Nowadays cats only bitch and complain about when an album is or is not coming out. These boards used to be the spot for learning and casual dart-throwing lol

#90 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Bizzump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users