• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

And here we go again....*sigh* <_<

VOTING RULES

1. 1st vote is your final vote.

2. No votes after the deadline.

3. Voting will start NOW and End Sunday June 17th @ 12AM EST.
I shortened it because I don't think we need until 10AM Sunday to vote.

4. We'll vote by simply stating the name of the person. Please be sure when you vote and do not edit it.

5. YOU CANNOT vote for yourself.

6. You can only vote if you've been a member since June 10th...UNLESS you have a beat entered.
THE RECAP

Patch Lunch
G-ONG
Bill
SubBass49
snub
The Wig Master
jazzur

Make sure I didn't leave you out and make sure your links work.

#2 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

G-ONG

#3 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

BigErnMcCracken' date='Jun 16 2007, 08:11 AM' post='41796']
And here we go again....*sigh* <_<

sigh?!?......thats so arrogant...why do you bother ern. you should just call it a day on the beat battle rather than acting like a cock about it.

anyways i vote for G-ong , patch lunch and wig master close second.

patch: very good stuff, lotta ideas going on...i would have voted you first, but i thought you went a little overboard with the added synths/rhodes

jb: the piano you added over the top was out of tune with the rest, hope you didnt mean that you had sampled a madlib kick and a questlove snare that would be a serious no-no.

wigmaster: nice ideas, fresh chopping, good vibes....like jb said just needed that little something extra to take it up a gear.

snub: didnt seem to have much energy your track, abit muffled.

jazzur: same thing really, sounded like the there was tempo changes throughout the track which were not working.

#4 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:39 AM

Patch Lunch

I haven't been too much into the other stuff I heard from you, too mellow for my taste, but this one really does it for me ;D I like drums, bass, swing-type-feel, probably everything in it.

No time for feedback on the rest, have to get ready to go out record hunting..

#5 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:42 AM

sigh?!?......thats so arrogant...why do you bother ern. you should just call it a day on the beat battle rather than acting like a cock about it.

Wow, what the fuck is your problem Bill?
*sigh* meaning taking a deep breath before typing all this again. I didn't mean anything by it....You really come out of pocket sometimes on some of your comments. Do you think about stuff before you type? Maybe not....you seem like you live for the beat battles because you don't post anywhere else. I don't have the capacity right now to even go there with you. Either you need to really read/think about things before you read the board and reply or just stick to making beat battle beats and chill out.

I vote for Patch

anybody seen sera?

#6 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:01 AM

Bill 1nce again

gong nice too as usual

i'll *sigh* cause i entered a beat. and yes, these are not mind-blowing beats but its good practice even if the samples are wack. no one needs this beat battle nor will the battle miss any one participant. it will or will not continue with or without its creator <_<

#7 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:07 AM

People sure do know how to over analyze the posts on this board. Some cats be on their periods and then get on the message board and take it out on the Beat Battle dude......lol

kill yourself.

<_<

#8 G-ONG

G-ONG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:26 AM

My vote goes to Patch Lunch

#9 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:17 AM

its you thats on a permanent period ern, nobody else....

why *sigh*, whats the point.... what were you trying to communicate with that, just say what you mean. this is the internet, people dont automatically know what your on about with your hints, you gotta come out and say it....if the beat battle is too much effort for you then call an end to it. simple, dont huff and puff, its a put down to everyone else.

for the benefit of everyone else, ern is the organizer of the beat battle who has had sour grapes since better player players came along and ended his winning streak.

i dont post anywhere else because im not even online at that time, do you see my name in the users online list all week?? errr no.....im not sat in front of a computer all day, so dont even try and hint that, well lame.
anyways alot of the posts in other sections are written by retarded 17 year old backpackers with topics like, what colour are madlibs pants? what sampler does madlib use? whats your favourite cover version? whats your best all time track? and lots of other complete waste of time pointless posts.

#10 quasquasquas

quasquasquas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:55 AM

its you thats on a permanent period ern, nobody else....

why *sigh*, whats the point.... what were you trying to communicate with that, just say what you mean. this is the internet, people dont automatically know what your on about with your hints, you gotta come out and say it....if the beat battle is too much effort for you then call an end to it. simple, dont huff and puff, its a put down to everyone else.

for the benefit of everyone else, ern is the organizer of the beat battle who has had sour grapes since better player players came along and ended his winning streak.

i dont post anywhere else because im not even online at that time, do you see my name in the users online list all week?? errr no.....im not sat in front of a computer all day, so dont even try and hint that, well lame.
anyways alot of the posts in other sections are written by retarded 17 year old backpackers with topics like, what colour are madlibs pants? what sampler does madlib use? whats your favourite cover version? whats your best all time track? and lots of other complete waste of time pointless posts.

you sound like a retarded 17 year old bitchin about Ern right now, just chill ..*sigh*

#11 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:21 AM

Sour grapes? Where are you getting your info from wikipedia? When have I ever complained about "better" people coming on here ending my "winning streak"? First off I don't even enter a beat every week (like you do)...What winning streak are you talking about? Nobody is on here getting any money off this. IT'S FOR FUN. Out of everyone on this message board, you take this shit the most serious. The one time when I was a little late putting the next beat battle post up....you had a fuckin' fit like a 6 year old girl. You are a joke Bill. Find something else to do.....make a mixtape or something. And as far as your "better players" comment, no one on here has "better" beats then anyone else.....Everyone who has entered a beat on here has had a moment to shine so fuck you and your mpc, geek. *SIGH*

So basically the STMB is only good for a beat battle? If that's the case, go enter a beat battle where there is money involved? You are a true asshole....you've won....you don't have to compete anymore. "Bill the STMB Beat Battle King" <_<

#12 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:26 AM

Yikes...where to start?

Bill...kick back a bit...Ern's just doin' what Ern does...I don't really think anyone took it to heart about the little "sigh" thing. I read it as him being kind of down about the voting thing because only a tiny handful even voted last week. I don't think it's anything we need to get all upset about. I'll say again that we should be reppin the battle on other boards and myspace if we want more people involved and more feedback...that's why I made the banner ad for the site. I also tried to set an example of feedback on every beat that was posted...even if the feedback was minimal. Personally, even though I'm not always inspired by the sample tracks (this week was a prime example) I still have fun with the battle. It's fun to see what other people come up with, and to challenge myself against other beat makers.

Anyway...my vote goes to: G-ONG

PS - Just want to make sure Ern knows I'm grateful that he posts up the stuff...that he's taken on that responsibility. I wouldn't want to have that over my head every week, so i can appreciate that he's OK with it.

#13 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

PS - Just want to make sure Ern knows I'm grateful that he posts up the stuff...that he's taken on that responsibility. I wouldn't want to have that over my head every week, so i can appreciate that he's OK with it.

I appreciate that man.

#14 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:46 AM

patch lunch, dope as always

#15 sera#1

sera#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:16 AM

wtf....is going on here????

i'm back, was pretty drunk/busy the last weeks, filmin all the time, no time for anything.

Somehow the climax has changed. dunno what happened, but hey, Bill & Ern, just calm down, it's just a fuckin' Beat Battle, nothing else. Gotta agree with Ern, i didn't understand his 'sigh' as a sign of 'being tired' of this shit either.

my vote goes to Patch Lunch

Nice weekend ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

Shit Man, beef.

Ern's right man, this shit is supposed to be fun. And Sub is right, Ern does this week in week out, gotta give him props.

Anyway, i was late this week, couldnt post yesterday as i was busy, but fuck it i posted it anyhow so listen if u want.

Some nice beats all round this week. Patch, G-ONG and Bill were all strong contenders. None the less, I vote...

BILL.

#17 lordquas4293

lordquas4293

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

im losin my hair from the the wig master. soo yeah that means im voting for wig master

#18 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:30 AM

LOL At Bill Trying to Psycho Analyze A Sigh and Then Getting All Beat Battle Commando On That Ass...

People Got That Dude Gassed Up Just Because He Spends 43 Hours Making His Beat Battle Entries.
Way to Make a DoucheBag Out of Yourself

Patch Got My Vote.
I Will Breakdown and Leave Some Feed Later I Gotta Jet.
WoohooOooHooOooOo

#19 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

RAAAHH HAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR!!!!

...get it together peops....All Beef should be done by private messaging...or better...lets start a New Thread called STMB - BeeF Battle 001.

....you lot are all too wack this week.

i gotta break another rule .......and vote for myself...... I Vote Jazzur

#20 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:57 PM

patch: very good stuff, lotta ideas going on...i would have voted you first, but i thought you went a little overboard with the added synths/rhodes

yeah i kinda figure if im gonna play some keys on it why bother holding back, so i went for some nice over the top bluesy nonsense. it sounds kinda silly, but its good fun to play.

anyway i vote for G-ONG (on some tripped out MoWax ish)

with Subbass coming in 2nd...

#21 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

Damn, I just mentioned you....hadn't seen you in a while. Welcome back.

#22 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:37 PM

Gracias for the 2nd place nod Patch Lunch. Looks like you're pullin away from the pack this week.

#23 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:37 PM

Ive been ou of it with regards to the beat comp, so i dint listen this week...

nice work patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users