37 replies to this topic

#1 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

Well I don't even have to count to know that G-ONG took this one. So G-ONG, it's your pick.

RULES

1. Use the sample provided, drums and synth (only if allowed by the sample poster)
OR (For remix purposes) Use the acapella provided and you can use any beat you want.

2. No songs in pass the deadline.

3. DO NOT submit your entry until the day of the deadline.
Friday the 8th @ 12am - 11:59pm.
Voting starts Saturday the 9th @ 12am
until Sunday the 10th @ 10am.

4. Winner picks the original song for the next round.
Or He/She can pass the pick to someone else.

#2 lordquas4293

lordquas4293

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:18 AM

i didnt think ud post this today cause ud be too distraught about them pistons losing :(

#3 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:23 AM

LoL...yeah...but he probably felt better when Ottawa KILLED the Dirty Dicks of Scamaheim last night. Anyone know if Pronger is gonna get suspended for that elbow to the head of that Ottawa forward?

#4 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

i didnt think ud post this today cause ud be too distraught about them pistons losing :(

Yea, I was pretty hurt but I'm over it.

Besides, I'm a Spurs fan anyway :(

#5 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

LoL...yeah...but he probably felt better when Ottawa KILLED the Dirty Dicks of Scamaheim last night. Anyone know if Pronger is gonna get suspended for that elbow to the head of that Ottawa forward?

i hope so.

he should at least get one. because it was way worse than what he did to holmstrom.

#6 G-ONG

G-ONG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the votes, here's the sample, Miles Davis - The Pan Piper

It would be better using just the track with drum samples, but it doesnt have to be a rule, so if you feel you need to use synths go ahead.

#7 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

i hope so.

he should at least get one. because it was way worse than what he did to holmstrom.

Just found out he's suspended for Game 4! I was hoping after that nasty elbow that Neil would get a shot at him in the corner. Pronger may be big, but I dont ever recall seeing him fight. Someone needs to fuck him up for what he's been doing. He's always been dirty as hell, but he seems to be getting worse lately...causing serious injuries more often...

#8 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:43 PM

Ok I'm Done...

:huh:

That songs a little rough to work with but it's possible.

#9 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:52 AM

anybody catch the results of the INDOOR YANK WANGING Playoffs.... i had to Put 12 gallons of fresh (Ill gotten Iraqy Fuel) into my unnecessarily large 4x4 ...so was forced to miss the second half .... by the time i got my fat burger like arse into the gas gusling house on wheels it was obvious id never catch the rest of the game....so instead of dragging my useless american whale like anatomy home...i thought id go find some more like minded earth scumming Republicans to help me drown my sorrows ... we found an underage desperate latino prostitute to abuse and depraive further pain than our government could ever wish for and began swamping her in our excessive distorted folds of american lard to the point of suffacation where we could then feel some joy in knowing for a brief second we had some power over someone in our pathetic, plastic, materialistic, fanfare for breakfast, champion of scum "YEE HAARing" third world bombing, inferior to ant like, retarded, sweaty jockstrap, bush sucking, pig fucking, american lives / long deaths.

anyway enough SPORT.

miles davis...ah...a better american idol perhaps.. love all things 'miles' and will enjoy playing with this one.

nice one G-ONG.

#10 Lurt

Lurt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:26 AM

"miles davis...ah...a better american idol perhaps.."

...if one idolizes pimping, drug addiction, wife beating and general pretension

FRANK-N-DANK anyone?

Enough SPORT? This is a "Beat Battle" is it not?

#11 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:14 AM

FRANK-N-DANK anyone?

WTF is that shit?? sounds like about 300 records bieng played at the same time.

Organised sport is generally the realm of sheep in this country (UK)

But the Americans, i cant knock there love of sport, i mean....just LOOK how they interpret the BIGGEST sport in the world - Football......sorry i mean britball :huh:

oh btw only euro's will find the clip funny.....will go over the head of most americans.

#12 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:20 AM

Enough SPORT? This is a "Beat Battle" is it not?

Ha funny vid......"racial solidarity was the catchword of the day"..!! HAH!

americans might not see the irony, but racial solidarity?!! at a boxing match between a white and a black man!!!

unreal.

#13 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:46 AM

anybody catch the results of the INDOOR YANK WANGING Playoffs.... i had to Put 12 gallons of fresh (Ill gotten Iraqy Fuel) into my unnecessarily large 4x4 ...so was forced to miss the second half .... by the time i got my fat burger like arse into the gas gusling house on wheels it was obvious id never catch the rest of the game....so instead of dragging my useless american whale like anatomy home...i thought id go find some more like minded earth scumming Republicans to help me drown my sorrows ... we found an underage desperate latino prostitute to abuse and depraive further pain than our government could ever wish for and began swamping her in our excessive distorted folds of american lard to the point of suffacation where we could then feel some joy in knowing for a brief second we had some power over someone in our pathetic, plastic, materialistic, fanfare for breakfast, champion of scum "YEE HAARing" third world bombing, inferior to ant like, retarded, sweaty jockstrap, bush sucking, pig fucking, american lives / long deaths.

anyway enough SPORT.

miles davis...ah...a better american idol perhaps.. love all things 'miles' and will enjoy playing with this one.

nice one G-ONG.

Jazzur...You rock man, but stay away from the crank for a bit...it's having negative effects...lol

#14 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:58 AM

sounds like about 300 records bieng played at the same time.

madlib - pleeeease can you start listening back to your mixtapes abit more carefully? your baggy ass sleeves keep sliding the faders up and you're busy diggin in a pile of 45's in the basement whilst this priceless "gem" gets recorded. i mean cmon this is just silly.

#15 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:35 AM

This may sound like I'm kissing arse here, but Madlib could learn a thing or two about making LISTENABLE mix-tapes from Patch Lunch here. Seriously...Patch's shit flows much smoother than Lib's...and the transitions make sense given the tracks that precede & follow them...

Anyway...

Still haven't started on my beat for this week...been working on a beat for this young up & coming emcee that I used to teach...he's gettin some label interest right now, so it's worth it to me to work on his stuff as a priority at the moment. I'm also gonna help him with his press kit. Anyone know if there's anything that goes into one other than a bio sheet, 8x10 glossy, and demo CD?

When I'm done with that I'll see if I can twist Mr. Davis' track into something beat-like...

#16 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

his tapes are fine. i doubt he cares if they blend well or not anyway. i'll take a lib tape over a patch tape anyday. pencilface's mixes don't blend well either but they're dope. no disrespect, just one idiot's opinion

let's get on w/ round 17

#17 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

his tapes are fine. i doubt he cares if they blend well or not anyway. i'll take a lib tape over a patch tape anyday. pencilface's mixes don't blend well either but they're dope. no disrespect, just one idiot's opinion

this man quite clearly has impeccable taste.

#18 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:57 PM

saying this, i only saw lib play once live as a dj....

he kinda sucked, he was playing spaceed out jazz shit at a party that WAS hype before he came on.

and does lib makew super awsome cool youtube videos?!
hmmm?!

i didnt think so.

-_-

#19 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

Haha...anyway...not hating on the man...his production abilities are top-notch...I just think he sometimes gets carried away with throwin' extra shit on mixes that kind of mess up the flow and the vibe. It's the same way with some Quas tracks...soon as you start gettin into a beat or something he drops out the music for some crazy off-beat shit. True artists are often misunderstood, but it gets frustrating sometimes.

Anyway, on a beat battle note, I just finished mine up...spent just over an hour. I actually enjoy it...not sure if ya'll will or not though...

#20 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:23 PM

Yo..stoked...gotta brag...just found out from my boy True that I'm gonna be gettin' Miki Vale doin' a verse on one of my beats that I did for him...hehe...movin' on up...

#21 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:51 AM

Yo..stoked...gotta brag...just found out from my boy True that I'm gonna be gettin' Miki Vale doin' a verse on one of my beats that I did for him...hehe...movin' on up...

one of my beats is on her album!

#22 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:42 AM

any mixes ive ever heard from madlib have been amazing, ive seen him dj too, his mixes i think are meant to be that way, dropping another tune when your just getting into the one your listening to is a fresh concept, it makes you think damn! whats that i need to hear the full version/buy the record, which is good.
madlibs mixes are quirky and span alot of different genres very quickly, i personally think thats the freshest way to play music these days....i got bored of seamless beat mixing years back, its just strictly about the music for me, i couldnt care less about the mixing, i saw jah shaka the dub legend in my hometown he just had one deck.....changing the records each time, and that night was well dope. i think you grow out of mixing and the music eventually takes over on its own.

#23 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:12 PM

I agree with Bill, also, Madlibs good taste in music kinda excuses whatever he's lacking in mixing skills..still though, I've never been disturbed by it..

#24 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

one of my beats is on her album!

Sick...as far as female emcees go, she's up there among the tops on my list...

#25 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:33 AM

Looks like the early bird gets the worm... 5:32am: http://www.myspace.com/jukeboxsd

As always, hit me with feedback so I can get better at what I'm doing...

#26 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:29 AM

hmmm... Madlib Mixing....

Prolly the main reason all of us are here today on this message board is MADLIB.

Easily the Best Set ive ever seen/heard actually got me dancing was MADLIB.

Madlib is responsible for a new path of hiphop ... he encompasses all that is Dope from turkish jazz to Glaswegian tramp clanging..

if he is due any criticism then it can only be for being too MADLIB.

who can you compare these mixes to??? 'PHIL the SOULMAN' ? hes the only other truely original digger ive heard who follows his own path that is... Dont get me wrong i love DJ Premier sets but his sets are always what youd expect from DJ Premier.....but i'll pay anytime to hear something i never expected to hear...and thats what you get from MADLIB.

the best Soul set i by MADLIB was at a small festival in Aberdeen , Scotland. All 7 "s and only 30-40 secs of each..he played for over 3 hours at that rate....PBW and Gilles Peterson played that night too but both were blown away by Madlib..the whole place was....there werent nobody shrugging shoulders and nobody standing at the back either.

having said that , i caught the stones throw 10th anniversary in Manchester UK and it was obvious the whole crew was knackered from the tour.! which is understandable .

i got loads of favourite mixtapes like all of you .... but its only the music content that keeps me playing the tapes.... and thats only possible because of whats between the Ears of the deejay / compiler... NOT how he plays it but WHAT he plays!!!!!

if you know anyone else who can bring so many new flavours to just one mix whilst still keeping it all together.... my ears are open>!! ....... are yours??

#27 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:57 AM

Nice short day at work today, just got home so heres mine :

STMB17

No synth used, just a bass tone, filters, drums & percussion.

#28 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:17 AM

STMB 17

Peace

#29 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:09 AM

Seventeen

#30 quasquasquas

quasquasquas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

7teen thurrs mine ..drums are a lil off sometimes in the 2nd part, but i dont have time to re-record them today

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users