31 replies to this topic

#31 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

What would ya'll think about commenting or critiquing all non-winning beats so that people can improve from week to week? I think it'd help some of the newbies (myself included) who havent been making beats very long. I see some similar sentiments from a few people on here. Maybe that could be something the winner does each week? Or maybe the runner-up? I dunno...just throwin' ideas out there...

That could be cool....but some people can be dicks about it sometimes. I understand that everyone has a right to express their opinion but don't be an asshole. I don't really care about beat battle beats enough to care about a critique.

Now when I spend some time on my music and actually release something that I am proud of....then you can critique all you want. But don't critique something like you're a writer for Pitchfork if it's just something that I did in 5-10 before I left for work. Now I don't know how much time and effort everyone else puts into this but that's just me.

BTW thanks lordquas....remember I'm buying you a car when I blow.... :P

#32 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

I'm talkin more of a constructive critique type thing. Last thing i want is some cat rippin me down for my track...more along the lines of, "hey...I was feelin this, but this part didn't quite vibe right...maybe you can run such & such filter on your drums..." Stuff like that. But yeah...I agree that if cats aren't mature enough to do it the right way, a lot of kids could get their feelings hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users